• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Why is kyogre's sprite in game so freaking huge??
You put it up for trade and it takes over the entirety of your screen plus half your trade partners side...

You put it up for trade and it takes over the entirety of your screen plus half your trade partners side...

I think Kyogre looks huge because...it is huge. I know there are other times when Pokémon don't seem to match, and some of them seem to be due to size issues, so if you're asking why they didn't think it would be better to not have Kyogre obscure the screen, that's anyone's guess.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles

Not only is Kyogre big, it's also mainly wide. The other legendaries and large Pokemon are usually just tall or long.
Also, the big sprite makes it look epic.

Hasty

Moonside
Can HA Sentret/Furret only be in Dream Balls or normal Poke Balls? Or can you get them in a Premier Ball or Heal Ball as well?
Thanks for any help.

Actually, that doesn't quite answer the question, since the fifth generation games will allow you to catch Pokémon from the Dream World at the Entree Forest with other types of Poké Balls. The Dream Ball is an additional option, not a requirement.

It is therefore possible to acquire HA Sentret/Furret in normal Poké Balls, Premier Balls, Heal Balls, and any other type of Poké Ball that can be found in the fifth generation.

Hasty

Moonside
Thanks you two!

So, can any Pokemon, that could be found in the Dream World with its HA, be in Balls found in Gen 5 that are not the Dream Ball?

too-weak

If it gets caught in entree forest (so any DW) then yes... BUT Gen5 wifi, including the ability to get anything from Dream World, has been shutdown. So, UNLESS someone STILL has an unredeemed one sitting in the forest on Gen5 and hasn't changed their DS system yet, they can't get it legitimately.

Male only/genderless pokes and male only events (like Gen4 HA starters) can only have the initial catch in a ball other than plain old Pokeball since male and genderless cannot pass balls.

TheMaster327

If you DexNav a baby Pokémon, would it ALWAYS have 3-star potential? Or would 3-star potential mean flawless in this instance? (As babies are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs)

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
If you DexNav a baby Pokémon, would it ALWAYS have 3-star potential? Or would 3-star potential mean flawless in this instance? (As babies are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs)

I did a short test with Magby and the only Magby that was given 3 flawless IVs was a 3-star Potential Magby. Every other Magby that I caught, both with and without the dexnav had either none or one flawless IV(depending on the star potential).

Someone might have to do another test, but from the short one I did, baby Pokemon no longer have the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Baby Pokemon are guaranteed 3IV? Even where they're bred?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Baby Pokemon are guaranteed 3IV? Even where they're bred?

Baby Pokemon caught in the wild in XY are guaranteed at least 3IVs. This is not case when breeding as the offspring inherits the IVs from its parents.

If Master Ball isn't an option, what basic Poke Ball do you usually use to catch a roaming Legendary? (Right now I'm trying to get Latios in GBA Ruby)

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
If Master Ball isn't an option, what basic Poke Ball do you usually use to catch a roaming Legendary? (Right now I'm trying to get Latios in GBA Ruby)

I use pokeballs (just for novelty)!
If it doesnt get caught after 10 or so turns, i move onto timer balls or dusk balls (if in a cave or at night).

Hasty

Moonside
Can someone direct me to any threads with information on Hoopa please, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/hoopa
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/720.shtml
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoopa_(Pokémon)

Very easy to find, if you use Google. :) There isn't known more than that because Hoopa isn't released yet.

How to bring out from my pokemon it's highest potential?

Not sure what you mean, but you can EV train your Pokemon with Horde Battles in specific stats to make your Pokemon "fit" the role you want it to be. But most of the time it's best to increase its stats that are good already.
A Pokemon can have 510 EVs of which 2 EVs are useless because 4 EVs equals 1 stat point.

There are also IVs, which are stats too. You can't change them, but breed for offspring with flawless IVs.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is it better to use icicle crash or ice punch on weavile? I'm torn because weavile is so fragile that it can't afford to miss but at the same time it needs to hit as hard as possible before dying and it has a better chance to kill something with icicle crash.