• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

AceTrainerBen

Hello everyone,

So, before I play oras for the first time, I'm playing through the main series games in order of region, Fire Red (KANTO)-> Soul Silver (JOHTO) -> Omega Ruby (HOENN) etc.

and I was thinking it'ld be cool to have a MegaPidgeot with mud slap via transfer, so does no gaurd upgrade accuracy to 100% or do moves simply never miss? different sources say different things so I'd really appreciate some intel from you guys ;)

thank you!

Vern

Why not both?
Hello everyone,

So, before I play oras for the first time, I'm playing through the main series games in order of region, Fire Red (KANTO)-> Soul Silver (JOHTO) -> Omega Ruby (HOENN) etc.

and I was thinking it'ld be cool to have a MegaPidgeot with mud slap via transfer, so does no gaurd upgrade accuracy to 100% or do moves simply never miss? different sources say different things so I'd really appreciate some intel from you guys ;)

thank you!

I think No guard makes moves simply never miss. Reason being I had had an enemy Machamp land three dynamic punches in a row on my x3 evasion clefable more often then I would care to admit. I haven't done any research on it, though.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Hello everyone,

thank you!

No Guard makes all moves, including your opponent's, never miss, no matter what. So it basically makes accuracy and evasion not exist.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I don't remember enough to answer your first question, but the answer to this is that it definitely did annoy me. The only way HeartGold improved this was by making a few of the calls humorous enough to be worthwhile!

That's good enough for me.

I don't know where my copy of Pokémon Gold is but I still have my copy of Pokémon Silver, so I will just find the answers to my other question myself.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles

Creyk

Is it likely that because of the IGN "too much water" thing that got blown way out of proportion, the next region will hardly have any water routes at all?
Would they remove the surfing element from the game?

Hasty

Moonside
Where is the HA Samurott event? From 5th February i wait it...
I didn't try it myself yet, but you should be able to get it with the code POKEMON503 iirc.

Is it likely that because of the IGN "too much water" thing that got blown way out of proportion, the next region will hardly have any water routes at all?
No... I'm 99.99937542% sure they won't. :)

Or if they do... they will change A LOT.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
It's highly unlikely that Nintendo/Gamefreak will pay the least bit of attention to an American game review site, especially about something that has been in the games since the beginning and is generally liked by players. If it isn't broken or hugely unpopular, which surfing isn't, it's unlikely to be removed this late in the series.
Plus, as far as I've seen, people make jokes about the "too much water" thing because it was an immensely stupid thing for IGN to say.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Does Retaliate have 140 base power for one turn or is it like that forever until the Pokemon switches out?

It gets doubled the turn after one of your Pokemonn fainted

Akashin

If I use an Action Replay to get the Event Items in past games(i.e. Azure Flute to get Arceus), will that Arceus then be considered hacked?

Pretty sure it won't be considered hacked in the way you're thinking, but knowing it came from the Hall of Origin would be a pretty decent indicator, I would think.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Assuming the answer is no, but that Togepi you get from Lavaridge in ORAS isn't programmed to be shiny, right? 'Cause mine hatched shiny.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Every time I rank up in the secret base flag collecting the dude says new items are available from the shop but everytime I check the shop I see nothing new at all. I check both the shop in fortree and lillycove and I still can't find anything new. I know for sure since I bought 1 of everything before levelling up to bronze rank. I'm now silver rank and still can't see any of the new items he's talking about.

Also, does psyshock do more damage if you have a high sp.atk? Or is it solely based on the opponent's defence?

Akashin

Every time I rank up in the secret base flag collecting the dude says new items are available from the shop but everytime I check the shop I see nothing new at all. I check both the shop in fortree and lillycove and I still can't find anything new. I know for sure since I bought 1 of everything before levelling up to bronze rank. I'm now silver rank and still can't see any of the new items he's talking about.

Also, does psyshock do more damage if you have a high sp.atk? Or is it solely based on the opponent's defence?

Psyshock uses your Special Attack and the opponent's Defense.

Also, this page lists all the decorations you should have at each rank. If the ones listed as being attached to a specific rank simply aren't there for you, I have no idea what the issue is.

Last edited: