• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

AlbinoDino

Icy Swirls
What moves should I teach my Bold Natured Furfrou? It has good IVs since I Mesuda bred him but i don't know what good moves to teach him yet.

Bjord

Here's my dilemma: I am leaving on a 2 month research cruise in a few days, but my pokemon bank subscription is set to run out a few weeks after I leave. I haven't heard of anyone's pokemon disappearing, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Unfortunately, bank is a prime example of "you get what you pay for," so there is as I gather, next to no information regarding early subscription renewal (and possibly no option to do so). If anyone has any information to share on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ryuken

Steel User
Here's my dilemma: I am leaving on a 2 month research cruise in a few days, but my pokemon bank subscription is set to run out a few weeks after I leave. I haven't heard of anyone's pokemon disappearing, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Unfortunately, bank is a prime example of "you get what you pay for," so there is as I gather, next to no information regarding early subscription renewal (and possibly no option to do so). If anyone has any information to share on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated.

While I do not know if there is some sort of subscription renewal, your pokemon should be safe in pokebank until you pay up. I remember leaving a ton of reject pokemon in pokebank after my 1 month trial to get rid of them. I was quite surprised to still see them there about 6 months after when I finally bought the service.

How do they stop the GTS, etc being flooded with hacked pokemon?

As far as I know, they don't. They lurk the GTS forever with nasty nicknames until another hacker uses hacked pokemon to trade them and releases them.
Other than people trading them for this purpose, there is no way to clean the GTS.

Last edited:

NotABeginningTrainer

The thing is, if the gts can tell it's a hack they won't allow the trade to go through, so they're there until the person takes them back. But I was under the impression that you couldn't even submit obviously hacked pokemon. The problem is you can still ask for unobtainable pokemon.

Ghost94

It looks as if some of these GTS issues will be somewhat remedied in due time. The Deoxys caught in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire can be deposited and traded in the GTS, I'm guessing this is because he has no ribbon. This being said, people have apparently removed the ribbons from other 6th generation event legend's(Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Victini, Keldeo) now making those that were modified trade-able in the GTS as well. This would explain why to some extent you will see a clutter of people requesting Mew, Manaphy, Arceus, Meloetta and Genesect as there has yet to be an event for them in the 6th gen games. Once there are events for those 5 in X/Y/OR/AS the GTS should be relived of some of its clutter and hopefully those nicknames that Ruyken mentioned will perish as well.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
While I do not know if there is some sort of subscription renewal, your pokemon should be safe in pokebank until you pay up. I remember leaving a ton of reject pokemon in pokebank after my 1 month trial to get rid of them. I was quite surprised to still see them there about 6 months after when I finally bought the service.

I was just about to ask about the Pokemon Bank sub renewal, but I guess this answers it since my subscription ends this month. :)

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I have a question.

Is it possible to remove contacts in the PokéGear in Pokémon Gold?

I would do my own research and find out if it wasn't for the fact that my old copy of Pokémon Gold is lost and I don't know where it is.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a question.

Is it possible to remove contacts in the PokéGear in Pokémon Gold?

I would do my own research and find out if it wasn't for the fact that my old copy of Pokémon Gold is lost and I don't know where it is.

Yes. However some Contacts can not be removed. You may need to remove some contacts on to make room for other NPCs.

(BTW, HGSS, you can't remove contacts, but the limit is also removed.)

MDS777

The name's Riley
Do Pokemon have a certain % chance of transferring over affection? I transferred over 6 Pokemon with max affection from my X game over to my OR game. All but 1 have no affection at all. How did that 1 Pokemon have max affection when I never even played with it in amie in the game I transferred it to?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Can you get a moxie boost by knocking a pokemon out with perish song?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Can you get a moxie boost by knocking a pokemon out with perish song?

No, the Moxie boost does not occur if the opponent was knocked out by indirect damage.

Last edited:

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Do Pokemon have a certain % chance of transferring over affection? I transferred over 6 Pokemon with max affection from my X game over to my OR game. All but 1 have no affection at all. How did that 1 Pokemon have max affection when I never even played with it in amie in the game I transferred it to?

I'm pretty sure affection isn't transferred, since the games have different trainers. (but I have no idea why one of them has max affection)

Nabceke

Japan - Arceus Event Help

No idea if this is the right forum, but it did not seem to fit in any other ones. Long story short, I am in Japan right now, can get the event since I do have a Japanese 3ds, the problem however is that I have no idea how the pre-order works. I do know how to buy movie tickets from the konbini but the problem is that I don't know if the pre-order also work through konbini. If it does, will the code arrive with the purchase? Probably won't go to see the movie though, since I will be gone by then but I want me some Arceus. If anyone knows by experience or something, do share the information :D

TechBro

Special Attack and Physical Attack

Hi,

I'd like to ask if you could help me clear up a few things in my head regarding special and physical moves.

I know that up to 3rd generation, a move's power was scaling off of pokemon's special attack or attack, determined by type of the move.
Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel were physical types. And special types were Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fire, Grass ,Ice, Psychic and Water.

But in 4th gen that was changed, to make the entire thing more "logical".
But I don't see any logic. Actually, they made it even more confusing.

Hyper beam is a normal (physical) type move, it does not make contact and is considered special.

Earthquake is a ground (physical) type move, it does not make contact and is cosidered physical for some reason.

How do you know which move is physical and which is special? Before, you only needed to know which types are special and which are physical.
Now it seems that the only way to know what is what is by checking every individual move for that physical symbol (red and yellow star) or special symbol (those circles).

Not to mention that this changed some pokemon and some of them became useless.

Another thing I'd like to ask is if a pokemon's type affects the strenght of its moves or defense against certain moves.

For example: Sceptile is a grass (special) type pokemon, so would special moves like Thunderbolt do less damage to him?

Or would his special moves hit stronger because he's a special type pokemon?

I'm asking this, because sometimes when I read guides online they mention certain pokemon's type and put either Special or Physical next to it in parentheses.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
The reason earthquake is a physical move is because the Pokémon using it shakes the ground massively.

Though I can't explain the reasons why sacred fire or rock slide are physical, besides the fact it benefits most Pokémon who can access these moves.