• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Question concerning the Pokemileage club.
For the Pokedoll grabber game, does your rank affect your reward?
Thanks

EvilEdwin

Restarting question

Hey peeps.

If I restart a game, let's say White, is it possible to get a second copy of the legendary Pokemon? Assuming I transferred the first legendary caught.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey peeps.

If I restart a game, let's say White, is it possible to get a second copy of the legendary Pokemon? Assuming I transferred the first legendary caught.

Of course.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I need some serious help.

I'm playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, but the problem is no matter what I do these darn Staravia beat me easily. All because I had to play the game as a Treecko and didn't get to choose any other Pokémon to play as.

It doesn't matter if I'm at full health, that's why the oran berry didn't come in handy. They can beat me very easily.

My only hope is to use revival seed, but I can't afford it since it's so darn expensive.

Can someone help me?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
The Charmander who's with me can take care of these very easily.

How do I convince him to attack all the Staravia so I don't have to deal with them?

You can switch Charmander's Tactics to "Go after foes". This should cause him to attack nearby enemy Pokemon.

Cradily17

Have you ever wondered what Gamefreak's favorite Pokémon are? I'll try my hand at the starters from each generation.

Generation 1-Charizard: This one is the most obvious. It's the only Pokémon besides Mewtwo that Gamefreak gave TWO Megas to. It was also one of Ash Ketchum's major Pokémon.
Generation 2-Feraligatr: It's had the most anime appearances out of the Johto starters, even having a fairly significant role in the recent Genesect movie. Gamefreak also gave it the best hidden ability out of the Johto starters (Sheer Force is amazing compared to Flash Fire and Leaf Guard).
Generation 3-Blaziken: It was the only Hoenn starter to appear in the Johto saga of the anime (Ash's Charizard fought one belonging to Harrison). Its Mega Evolution was the first one to be revealed in the sixth generation, and its Mega is also the most viable competitively.
Generation 4-Infernape: This one is a bit more tricky to explain. It is the most competitively viable of the Sinnoh starters and has the best Hidden Ability out of them too.
Generation 5-Serperior: Its preevolved form spawned the "Smugleaf" meme. It's also a beast with Contrary and Leaf Storm. Reckless and Shell Armor are very meh abilities by comparison.
Generation 6-Greninja: Gamefreak gave this Pokémon the most powerful ability of the Kalos starters. Ash is practically guaranteed to have one in the anime, and it was the only Kalos starter to be playable in Super Smash Bros, which is pretty huge.

Sorry if this is a long comment and seems opinionated. I just wanted to try and find insight into how Gamefreak likes and promotes certain Pokémon more than others.

If Zoroark is shiny, does the pokemon it create its Illusion with its hidden ability also appear shiny? If you get me

Ryuken

Steel User
If Zoroark is shiny, does the pokemon it create its Illusion with its hidden ability also appear shiny? If you get me

No, unless the pokemon its "copying" is shiny, the illusion will not be shiny.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Can I SR the trades in Fire Red to be shiny?

cryuel

But supposedly you have to have BOTH the Mega Stone and The Mega Bracelet or Key Stone (the human's counterpart.)
In Rayquaza's case Dragon Ascent and the Key Stone.

Game mechanically, yes, but according to the lore (correct me if I'm mistaken :S) Rayquaza used to mega evolve in the past without the need for a trainer. :3

Well, I personally don't see random trainers with mega access this gen. By next gen I fully expect them to be in the Battle Facility(s) (like hidden abilities were this gen). I don't know if random trainers will have megas by this point but it is possible. This is obviously just my opinion. I don't think anyone has a sure answer to your question.

I was so hoping ORAS would have more random trainers with mega evolution as that would make the game a lot more interesting. Unfortunately it seems as if they took the "it's VERY special and needs to be mentioned at every bit of the story" route. I would have hoped that at least the E4 had them since they all have a Pokemon that could mega evolve.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
I was so hoping ORAS would have more random trainers with mega evolution as that would make the game a lot more interesting. Unfortunately it seems as if they took the "it's VERY special and needs to be mentioned at every bit of the story" route. I would have hoped that at least the E4 had them since they all have a Pokemon that could mega evolve.

On your first play through the elite four does not have Mega Evolutions, but after you beat the game, whenever you go battle the Elite Four, each one will have a Mega Evolution.

Last edited:

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Does anyone know if the event Darkrai from UK Game stores can be shiny? I'd like to SR for one but I don't want to waste my time if it's impossible.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Does anyone know if the event Darkrai from UK Game stores can be shiny? I'd like to SR for one but I don't want to waste my time if it's impossible.

Unfortunately, no. Pokemon obtained by events can never be shiny unless the event guarantees them to be shiny.

cryuel

But supposedly you have to have BOTH the Mega Stone and The Mega Bracelet or Key Stone (the human's counterpart.)
In Rayquaza's case Dragon Ascent and the Key Stone.

On your first play through the elite four does not have Mega Evolutions, but after you beat the game, whenever you go battle the Elite Four, each one will have a Mega Evolution.

Oh, never mind, I guess I should beat them a second time. :)