• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
anyone know why pokemon turn semi transparent sometimes and only gives you the options of give and cancel?

It is likely you have selected the "Organise Items" option of the PC by mistake. The semi transparent Pokémon indicate Pokémon that are currently not holding an item, giving them an item or not doing anything (cancel) the only things that can be done with it.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

I just heard from school that Pokemon is suppose to discontinue after the remake of Emerald Version...

Is this another typical rumor or has this already been confirmed a while ago?

Entirely a rumor. There's not been any mention of discontinuation, or a remake of Emerald. There's no validity to it at all.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Whenever someone says something about Pokemon discontinuing, its always a rumor. People make the discontinued claim all the time.

wolfgar830

TEAM BUILDING

I've been playing pokemon sense game boy was black and white.Now that alpha sappphire came out ive got back in to it. and i love the online battles the only problem is i cant win a single match. I just recently started to learn about ev training and iv pokemon. my quesstions are whats the first thing i need to start building a good team.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The first thing you usually need to consider when teambuilding is synergy. Does your team have glaring weakness that needs to be covered? You have too many Pokemon weak to ground? Add a resistance/immunity (wouldn't recommend Levitate because of Mold Breaker EQ ect).

Another thing to take into account is not having too many of the same offensive precedence, like you don't want too many physical attackers because burn easily screws you over. Or special attackers because of things like Chansey/Blissey ect.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
TEAM BUILDING

I've been playing pokemon sense game boy was black and white.Now that alpha sappphire came out ive got back in to it. and i love the online battles the only problem is i cant win a single match. I just recently started to learn about ev training and iv pokemon. my quesstions are whats the first thing i need to start building a good team.

You should check out The 6th Gen Competitive Subforum and the 6th Gen Rate My Team (RMT) Subforum. The Team Building Help Thread in the RMT Subforum may be helpful to you - read some of the posts in there to learn about how teambuilding works. You also may want to check out some of the PokeTubers on YouTube and watch them do competitive battles. I would say that watching PokeTubers is probably where I learned most about how to strategize and where I based quite a few of my competitive builds on some of my Pokemon. I recommend Haydunn, DuncanKneeDeep, and shofu to start off with. Do keep in mind that they will curse a bit, though :)

If you don't know where to start when it comes to creating a moveset for a Pokemon, Smogon is where you go. Find the Pokemon you're working on in the list and it will give you all of the standard movesets for it. If you need help in finding teammates that will work well together, definitely check out PokeBattle Strategy Pokedex. Type in a Pokemon and it will give you a description of what it does, movesets (not as good or detailed as Smogon's), and most importantly, good teammates for that Pokemon.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In direct trading(instead of GTS), can you pass over hacked Pokemon? Because there's somebody with a Dream Ball English Arceus, and I'm not sure if its legit

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
In direct trading(instead of GTS), can you pass over hacked Pokemon? Because there's somebody with a Dream Ball English Arceus, and I'm not sure if its legit

Dream Ball Arceus is legitimate.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If the one you got is shiny, then it's not legit.

Nor is it legal so it won't work in a Wi-Fi battle.

I can see a number of shiny Arceus with non-Japanese names on the GTS. So what's the deal with them?

Hasty

Moonside
@RedJirachi: If the game is set to something else than Japanese from the start, the name/region of the Japanese Events will be non-Japanese. But actually you can't trade Pokemon with Event Ribbons through GTS, so they are hacked I guess.

-----

I have a question about the HA Amaura we can get from the Battle Competition. Do we only need to play 3 games again (win and lose) to get the prize? And, can I play 3 games (or how many you need) and unlock my Battle Box and still get the prize when it will be available?
Thanks.

Last edited:

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
I have a question about the HA Amaura we can get from the Battle Competition. Do we only need to play 3 games again (win and lose) to get the prize? And, can I play 3 games (or how many you need) and unlock my Battle Box and still get the prize when it will be available?
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who enters gets the Amaura whether they battle or not.

Hasty

Moonside
^Yes, now I've read it too. But can I unlock my Battle Box ("leave the Competition") after playing 3 games and still get the Amaura?

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
^Yes, now I've read it too. But can I unlock my Battle Box ("leave the Competition") after playing 3 games and still get the Amaura?

Yes I can confirm this as I lost 2 battles and won 1 battle during the Hoenn Competition and withdrew after my 3rd battle. A few weeks later, when PGL Tyrunt came out, I got the code for participating in that tournament.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who enters gets the Amaura whether they battle or not.

Confirmed that you need to participate in at least 3 battles.

Hasty

Moonside
Yes I can confirm this as I lost 2 battles and won 1 battle during the Hoenn Competition and withdrew after my 3rd battle. A few weeks later, when PGL Tyrunt came out, I got the code for participating in that tournament.

Great, thanks. Thanks to anyone who replied.^^