• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How do I get someone to give me their Eon Ticket through Streetpass

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
How do I get someone to give me their Eon Ticket through Streetpass

Well, they can't actively give you a Eon ticket like trading, but this is down to how Streetpass works.

Here's a few Streetpass basics, with some ORAS specifics.
  • Streetpass works if you have your 3DS in sleep mode, that is the Lid shut on 3DS models and the sleep switch on 2DS models. The Power light will blink blue.
  • Wireless Switch on the side of the system, or in the option on the menu, must be turned on.
  • ORAS needs to make the Streetpass data in the system, and the game itself has activated Streetpass, just in case you have both games on 1 system. If you passed someone else with ORAS before you activated Streetpass, they won't count.
  • ORAS game cart does not NEED to be inserted to Streetpass with other ORAS.
  • Each pair of 3DS/2DS systems will only Streetpass again after 8 hours after their last Streetpass swap.
  • The both 3DSes/2DSes must have less than 30 Streetpasses waiting for ORAS to Streetpass to happen. You can redeem ORAS Streetpasses tapping the Buzznav's postbox icon. (Other games have different limits: Example: XY 99, StreetPass Mii Plaza 10)
  • ORAS will mention that you passed by someone with a Eon Ticket when redeeming your Streetpasses.

I actually didn't have much trouble with getting the Eon ticket myself. I passed one of the few places for Eon ticket was certain to be in the following weeks after release. I had a meal near by, and I had to brought my 3DS. I just passing it out ever since. I've passed the ticket between my 3DS and 2DS, and then to my NEW 3DS.

Some Places have a Streetpass relay point, which will pass out a 6 streetpasses to a nearby 3ds. The relays will only work once per 8 hours for each 3DS/2DS system that comes in range. These relays may pass Data from other Relay points. There is talk of a fan made home version.. but I feel like it's cheating.

AceTrainerBen

So, can the recent uk darkrai event ever be shiny?

thanks ;)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So, can the recent uk darkrai event ever be shiny?

thanks ;)

Nope.

Event Pokémon will never be shiny, or if the event if for a shiny Pokémon always be shiny.

If you wish to get a Shiny Darkari, I think the Members card Platinum event from 2009 could be shiny.. But that's almost impossible to get Legitimately. I still have to pick up mine.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Nope.

Event Pokémon will never be shiny, or if the event if for a shiny Pokémon always be shiny.

If you wish to get a Shiny Darkari, I think the Members card Platinum event from 2009 could be shiny.. But that's almost impossible to get Legitimately. I still have to pick up mine.

Actually, unless the Individual Data of a Pokémon is set in an Event, it can easily be Shiny. That said, he UK Darkrai, alongside every Gen VI Event to date, most Gen V Events, and the Heatran from Ranger does have it set, preventing Shininess (Manaphy through Manaphy's Egg is an exception, only being able to be Shiny on a game with a TID and SID different than the game it originated on).

New Moon Isle Darkrai can be Shiny, yes, and it has the same Shiny Rate as every single other Pokémon.

Last edited:

AceTrainerBen

Nope.

Actually, unless the Individual Data of a Pokémon is set in an Event, it can easily be Shiny. That said, he UK Darkrai, alongside every Gen VI Event to date, most Gen V Events, and the Heatran from Ranger does have it set, preventing Shininess (Manaphy through Manaphy's Egg is an exception, only being able to be Shiny on a game with a TID and SID different than the game it originated on).

New Moon Isle Darkrai can be Shiny, yes, and it has the same Shiny Rate as every single other Pokémon.

Thanks you two, so can anyone answer questions in this thread or do they need approval first ;) I ask as I often answer or try to before getting greninja'd ;)

awesome thread btw.

I've recently gotten in a huuuuuge Pokémon mood once more, and I'm having trouble deciding which game to replay.

I'm debating between XY and ORAS, mainly, but also considering BW [and then B2W2 right afterwards]. I'd really like to attempt completing the Pokédex with whichever I choose, which is why XY and ORAS are the ones I'm mainly debating between, because I honestly have no clue if it's even possible to complete the Pokédex on BW/B2W2 right now. :c

XY
Pros:
- Character Customization
- More Gen 6 Pokémon throughout the story than in ORAS
- Love the starters
- I'm a bit more in the mood for this one

Cons:
- I have clocked almost 300 hours into my original save file and my copy of Y is sadly not physical so I have no way of backing it up.
- I'd hate to see my Mystery Gift "cards" disappear, especially since events are mostly ORAS now so I wouldn't be able to reacquire them. [I have the events themselves on Pokébank, so this isn't too big of a deal, but it still bothers me a tad]
- Lacks some of the nice gameplay improvements found in ORAS
- Rivals, aside from Serena/Calem, aren't a tad meh to me. [I mean, I don't dislike them, but I don't love 'em.]

ORAS
Pros:
- Secret Bases
- Improved and additional gameplay mechanics [DexNav, Added Mega Evos, etc]
- Favorite childhood Gen
- Most recent entry so it currently receives the most support when it comes to Events and online play

Cons:
- Most recent entry I've played, so I'm not sure if replaying it would make it feel a tad uneventful for me or not
- Lacks character customization [Not a HUGE deal, didn't bother me at all during my first playthrough, but kind of in the mood for it]
- Wild Pokémon are mostly Gen 3 throughout the main story [Once again, didn't bother me at all during my first playthrough, I love Gen 3 Poké, but because it's the most recent I've played, some variety would be nice]
- I'm a bit OCD-ish when it comes to Natures and, at times, IVs, so legendaries such as Lati@s and Rayquaza/Deoxys are a pain to SR for.

BW/B2W2
Pros:
- Would love to revisit Unova. I actually don't remember too much aside from some of the characters, so it'd be really nice to replay these.
- The battle music + sprites are gorgeous and super engaging
- Absolutely love the rivals in these games

Cons:
- Not sure how possible it would be to even attempt to fill the Pokédex in this Gen.
- BW's lack of other Gen Pokés throughout the main story [Not too huge, but again, variety would be nice]
- Not too huge of a fan of the starters
- Lacks Gen 6 Pokés [Not too huge of a problem, but I have grown quite fond of those. xD]

I apologize for the sorta lengthy post. Just wanted to have somewhere I could write down the reasons why I've been racking my brain on these and possibly get an opinion or two. ; w;

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I've recently gotten in a huuuuuge Pokémon mood once more, and I'm having trouble deciding which game to replay.

I'm debating between XY and ORAS, mainly, but also considering BW [and then B2W2 right afterwards]. I'd really like to attempt completing the Pokédex with whichever I choose, which is why XY and ORAS are the ones I'm mainly debating between, because I honestly have no clue if it's even possible to complete the Pokédex on BW/B2W2 right now. :c

XY
Pros:
- Character Customization
- More Gen 6 Pokémon throughout the story than in ORAS
- Love the starters
- I'm a bit more in the mood for this one

Cons:
- I have clocked almost 300 hours into my original save file and my copy of Y is sadly not physical so I have no way of backing it up.
- I'd hate to see my Mystery Gift "cards" disappear, especially since events are mostly ORAS now so I wouldn't be able to reacquire them. [I have the events themselves on Pokébank, so this isn't too big of a deal, but it still bothers me a tad]
- Lacks some of the nice gameplay improvements found in ORAS
- Rivals, aside from Serena/Calem, aren't a tad meh to me. [I mean, I don't dislike them, but I don't love 'em.]

ORAS
Pros:
- Secret Bases
- Improved and additional gameplay mechanics [DexNav, Added Mega Evos, etc]
- Favorite childhood Gen
- Most recent entry so it currently receives the most support when it comes to Events and online play

Cons:
- Most recent entry I've played, so I'm not sure if replaying it would make it feel a tad uneventful for me or not
- Lacks character customization [Not a HUGE deal, didn't bother me at all during my first playthrough, but kind of in the mood for it]
- Wild Pokémon are mostly Gen 3 throughout the main story [Once again, didn't bother me at all during my first playthrough, I love Gen 3 Poké, but because it's the most recent I've played, some variety would be nice]
- I'm a bit OCD-ish when it comes to Natures and, at times, IVs, so legendaries such as Lati@s and Rayquaza/Deoxys are a pain to SR for.

BW/B2W2
Pros:
- Would love to revisit Unova. I actually don't remember too much aside from some of the characters, so it'd be really nice to replay these.
- The battle music + sprites are gorgeous and super engaging
- Absolutely love the rivals in these games

Cons:
- Not sure how possible it would be to even attempt to fill the Pokédex in this Gen.
- BW's lack of other Gen Pokés throughout the main story [Not too huge, but again, variety would be nice]
- Not too huge of a fan of the starters
- Lacks Gen 6 Pokés [Not too huge of a problem, but I have grown quite fond of those. xD]

I apologize for the sorta lengthy post. Just wanted to have somewhere I could write down the reasons why I've been racking my brain on these and possibly get an opinion or two. ; w;

If your goal is to complete the PokeDex:

I completed my Dex for the first time in White 2.
I had made a huge attempt to do so when I first started playing Pearl. I was missing something like 40 Pokemon total at the time.
I think you can do it if you have the all the Gen 4 games.
I was able to get most of my missing Pokemon in HG and SS.

My understanding is you can still use the mini-games to move Pokemon up and you can still make local trades.

If not I'd say go with XY (it has something over 400 of the 719 in the Dex) first then ORAS second.

If your goal is to complete the PokeDex:

I completed my Dex for the first time in White 2.
I had made a huge attempt to do so when I first started playing Pearl. I was missing something like 40 Pokemon total at the time.
I think you can do it if you have the all the Gen 4 games.
I was able to get most of my missing Pokemon in HG and SS.

My understanding is you can still use the mini-games to move Pokemon up and you can still make local trades.

Sadly, I no longer own my copy of Pearl or Platinum. Pearl was through a decision I regret making and Platinum I seem to have unfortunately lost. The only Gen 4 game I still own is SoulSilver. :c
[My sis does own Diamond and Platinum, though, if anything.]

I also don't really want to play those games, so eh. *shrugs*

If not I'd say go with XY (it has something over 400 of the 719 in the Dex) first then ORAS second.

I am not planning to go through XY and ORAS again, just one or the other. I'm not worried at all about trying to complete the Dex on these, though, since I know I can get most, if not all of them from these games. [Especially with my sis owning the other two] I can also trade online and work for it like that, something I can't really do with BW/B2W2. [Which is why it was a listed Con]

Thank you for your thoughts, though!

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
Try this: use a random number generator or a die to decide what game to play. When you see the result, determine if you like the answer or not. Make your decision based on that reaction.

So, if you flip a coin to decide between XY and ORAS, and you feel disappointed when ORAS shows up, pick XY, but if you feel relieved go with ORAS. The disappointment/relief would show what you really want to play.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
OK, so I just fought a Blaziken at the Maison, and it landed High Jump Kick on my Chandelure ._. Twice.

Is there any type of hold item that breaks immunities or something? (There was no Scrappy Skill Swap during the battle, for the record.)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What is the absolute maximum total score one can reach on Pokemon Amie's Head It Unlimited can achieve

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
999 is the maximum for Heading Points, so I assume Last Combo Record is also maxed at 999. So the maximum total score should be 1998.

And yes, that's my own score :p

Is 999 the maximum for the other games too? It would kind of make sense if its a limitation in the number of characters that can appear in the score. Also, congrats because that's a super bad*** score!

Tezel

Do Hacked Pokemon Received from Wonder Trade Delete themselves from your game?

Hi my name is Tezel and I'm new here. The reason I joined this forum is to get an answer for a strange thing acquiring in my game that I couldn't find an answer to online. A few days ago I was just wonder trading In Omega Ruby and I received a Shiny Giratina with a Grisous Orb. I already owned a few Shiny Giratina from a gamestop event and to be honest I don't think the one I received was 100% legit. I didn't know what to do with it so I just put it in my box. Now I keep my boxes quite organized and I had all the Giratinas' next to each other. So this morning when I was reorganizing my Legendary box and he was gone. Just an empty spot in what was supposed to be a full box. I have checked everywhere for him. I know I haven't deleted him. I know he isn't in pokebank, I haven't even used it since I got him and I know I haven't traded him to another game. If he was indeed a hacked pokemon did my game just automatically delete him? Have there ever been cases where a pokemon can corrupt your game like a bad egg? Should I just forget about him and think this is a lesson to be learned from wonder trading or should I be worried?

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
I've gotten some clearly hacked stuff on wondertrade wednesday (people tend to give out weird stuff), but I've never had anything disappear before. I don't think there's any reason to worry.

I'm not sure what that means overall. I've also not heard anything about corrupting data in Gen VI. My bet would be that you did, in fact, misplace or release it.

Still, I'd love to know if this is a thing that happens to some people.