• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
What kind of coding do they use for that?
Since It's part the game, I'd be willing to guess C, or similar type of Programming language, or Assembly as the Red and Green most likey was. Personally I think it's "scripted" in Game Freak's engine.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Are there any pokemon that can learn electric, fire, and water moves? I know this is a noob question.

... Any Moves in specific you want them to learn?

Quite a few Pokémon like Emboar, Octilerry, etc. Can learn those Types of Moves.

KillerDraco

Preferably a flamethrower and aqua ring.

No Pokemon in existence learns both Flamethrower and Aqua Ring.

...Except for the obvious Smeargle.

But Smeargle has no business carrying Flamethrower ever and it has better options than Aqua Ring.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Reposting because nobody answered:

Out of the 30-something Slowpoke's I've hatched, I've worked down to three with IV's that are actually decent.

Slowpoke #27 HP: Grass/Takes plenty of siestas
- HP: 31
- Att: 31
- Def: 30,31
- SpA: 30
- SpD: 31
- Spd: 27

Slowpoke #8 HP: Grass/Somewhat vain
- HP: 28
- Att: 24
- Def: 31
- SpA: 30
- SpD: 31
- Spd: 27

Slowpoke #14 HP: Grass/Somewhat vain
- HP: 28
- At: 15
- De: 31
- SA: 30
- SD: 31
- Sp: 29

So my real question here is which is better: the 3 extra HP IV's Slowpoke #27 has, or the substantially lower Attack IV's of specifically Slowpoke #14 - which is useful due to less damage from Foul Play, at the cost of not having a perfect HP IV (but 28 still isn't bad).

I ran out of Rare Candies so I couldn't really fully check wether Slowpoke #27 had either 30 or 31 in Defense, but considering that many other had perfect Defense, I'm willing to take a gamble that the Perfect Defense IV was transferred as well due to Destiny Knot..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Slowpoke 27# is the way to go. You won't take much from Foul Play regardless becuase it's attack stat is already low. Having the correct set of IV's makes low damage roll kills less likely to knock it out.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Slowpoke 27# is the way to go. You won't take much from Foul Play regardless becuase it's attack stat is already low. Having the correct set of IV's makes low damage roll kills less likely to knock it out.

Thanks! Off to EV-training it is! And than, to the league! :D

HM02gon

Waiting...
Just sort of a petty personal question- am I the only one who thinks Salamence kinda looks like a Great Ball?

Ascended Dialga

Just sort of a petty personal question- am I the only one who thinks Salamence kinda looks like a Great Ball?

Personally I don't, but I understand why you think that. The two do have similar colorations

You are not the only one! While the blue on Salamence seems slightly different than the blue on a Great Ball, they both have similar red markings on top. I have on several occasions chosen to catch a Bagon in a Great Ball, since I think it looks good.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If I got up a layer of T-Spikes and the Posion type with either Levitate or the flying typing were on the field and I go for Gravity would that layer be removed? I'm sure it would, just wanna double check.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If I got up a layer of T-Spikes and the Posion type with either Levitate or the flying typing were on the field and I go for Gravity would that layer be removed? I'm sure it would, just wanna double check.

No, it's only removed if the Pokémon switches in while Gravity is under effect.

Creyk

Is it true that a legendary can only have 3 good IV's? So if one has 4-5 perfect stats it's hacked?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Is it true that a legendary can only have 3 good IV's? So if one has 4-5 perfect stats it's hacked?
No, legendaries caught in Gen 6 are guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs. It can have any number of perfect IVs (as long as it is at least three) so one with 4-5 perfect IVs does not automatically make it hacked. A 6IV legendary is generally regarded as a potential hack however.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Pokémon - What Constitutes A Region?

This has been a question that has bothered me for years.

This is not about space, story, or gameplay mechanics, but the environment. Every generation has had the same makeup: a forest, an ocean coast, a mountain, and a metropolis, among others. Constantly seeing the same makeup has made me wonder if this is what a region has to be, or if it can be something else.

Does every region have to have a forest? Can a region not have a large river or lake instead of an ocean? Must a region have a mountain? Is this what makes a region?

Personally, I strongly feel every region should be environmentally distinct, but I'm just one person. What do you guys think? Does a region have to have certain conditions, or can it have something else?