• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Go for Jolly. It gives Luxray extra Speed.

Luxray has base 70 Speed

what is that user going to encounter in that Speed tier that Luxray can outspeed with Jolly over Adamant, and is it worth it for Luxray to try to outspeed them at all?

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
So, in online trades in Pokemon XY, I keep getting requests from people offering me Ei egg. What exactly are those eggs? Some claim them to be Hoopa eggs which is kinda impossible, I suppose.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Go for Jolly. It gives Luxray extra Speed.

Luxray has base 70 Speed

what is that user going to encounter in that Speed tier that Luxray can outspeed with Jolly over Adamant, and is it worth it for Luxray to try to outspeed them at all?

I'm only going to be using it in the Battle Maison if that helps. A lot of the Pokemon, or at least the ones I see, in there are around Luxray's speed tier. I'm leaning more towards Jolly as I'll be using a Guts one but I just want to be sure before I start breeding.

So, in online trades in Pokemon XY, I keep getting requests from people offering me Ei egg. What exactly are those eggs? Some claim them to be Hoopa eggs which is kinda impossible, I suppose.

Those are just regular eggs from a German game. Ei is German for egg.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
You can just buy it in app. Beforehand, you'll need to add credit via credit card or if not a credit card, an eShop Card, if you don't have enough credit to purchase the pass. You don't add credit on Pokémon Bank; you add it via Nintendo eShop.

Thank you.

MrConfusedTurkey

So, I recently received soulsilver version, and I have a question about the giratina left on the game. It says he was caught on November 25, 2083. His location caught is the distortion world, at level 47. All of his moves are legal/normal, as is his ability. Caught with his master ball, non shiny etc. Just that weird capture year is making me wonder. He had a bunch of other pokemon, all seemed normal. What do you all think?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So, I recently received soulsilver version, and I have a question about the giratina left on the game. It says he was caught on November 25, 2083. His location caught is the distortion world, at level 47. All of his moves are legal/normal, as is his ability. Caught with his master ball, non shiny etc. Just that weird capture year is making me wonder. He had a bunch of other pokemon, all seemed normal. What do you all think?

The person who caught it just messed with the DS calendar apparently. No biggie.

Last edited:

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
So I received a hacked female Eevee in a Level Ball in a Wonder Trade and this made me curious.

What would happen if you evolved the hacked Eevee? Let's pretend it's Vaporeon.

If I bred the female Vaporeon and a Ditto on a legit cartridge and if the Level Ball gets passed down, would the Eevee offsprings technically be hacked or legit? (I would personally never do this though. :p)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So I received a hacked female Eevee in a Level Ball in a Wonder Trade and this made me curious.

What would happen if you evolved the hacked Eevee? Let's pretend it's Vaporeon.

If I bred the female Vaporeon and a Ditto on a legit cartridge and if the Level Ball gets passed down, would the Eevee offsprings technically be hacked or legit? (I would personally never do this though. :p)

It would be legit with an illegal ball, making it an illegal Pokemon.

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
If you accidentally KO a Mirage Spot Legendary in ORAS can you have another shot at it later on or is it gone for good?

You can battle it again, but only if you beat the Elite 4 again.

I'm playing Pokemon Emerald. This is not for competitive use, only for my personal play through. Which pokemon will work best with the "Swagger + Screech" combo? I dont know which pokemon can learn both moves in Emerald, so your help will be greatly appreciated ^__^

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
ive gotten into hacking my old wii, and what i just found is my old download of my pokemon ranch, with almost enough pokemon for mew (~100 bidoofs/starlies left).

what i don't know, is can the ranch mew be rng'd for natures/ivs? iirc it can't be shiny, so not concerned about that. if so, would it be worth it (like, trading value relative to normal ranch mew)? i mean, the only move that it wouldnt otherwise learn is synthesis, which is just a worse roost, and hypnosis, which is just bad.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
ive gotten into hacking my old wii, and what i just found is my old download of my pokemon ranch, with almost enough pokemon for mew (~100 bidoofs/starlies left).

what i don't know, is can the ranch mew be rng'd for natures/ivs? iirc it can't be shiny, so not concerned about that. if so, would it be worth it (like, trading value relative to normal ranch mew)? i mean, the only move that it wouldnt otherwise learn is synthesis, which is just a worse roost, and hypnosis, which is just bad.

Due to the way this Mew is generated, you can't Soft reset. You can however, assuming you still have access to all the Pokémon games that is used with Ranch, you may get another in about a weeks time, after you wipe the save file. (or use some time Travel Trickery if you want it faster.)

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
Due to the way this Mew is generated, you can't Soft reset. You can however, assuming you still have access to all the Pokémon games that is used with Ranch, you may get another in about a weeks time, after you wipe the save file. (or use some time Travel Trickery if you want it faster.)

oh, that's too bad. thanks for the quick response, i'll spend a lot of time beating the elite four and throwing quick balls, i suppose.

Tartarkas

Maniac
Ehrm, due to a lack of knowledge regarding navigation on these forums... Could anyone please tell me where I find the "custom pokemon game"/ "make pokemon game" -esque threads? (If there are any, of course)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ehrm, due to a lack of knowledge regarding navigation on these forums... Could anyone please tell me where I find the "custom pokemon game"/ "make pokemon game" -esque threads? (If there are any, of course)

There's not technically a section like that, but there is a fan fiction section where you can post the story of a custom game, and fan art section where you can post images and sprites from a custom game, both of which could be used, and often are used, for such purposes.

Also, future questions about the forum itself should go here.