• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So if I wanted to get a mew with defog would I have to transfer my mew from omega ruby to a gen 4 game, teach mew defog through the MT, trade it over to a gen 5 game, transfer it across with poketransporter then claim it back from pokebank with omega ruby?

Last edited:

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
So if I wanted to get a mew with defog would I have to transfer my mew from omega ruby to a gen 4 game, teach mew defog through the MT, trade it over to a gen 5 game, transfer it across with poketransporter then claim it back from pokebank with omega ruby?

yes, the only issues is that you can't transfer pokemon backwards to older generations.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
yes, the only issues is that you can't transfer pokemon backwards to older generations.

Thanks!

Also, can a poke with its HA that comes from omega ruby go back to gen 4 and then re transferred over? As in it didn't have a HA in gen 4 but it obtained a HA in gen 6.

Earendil

Has anyone else been having problems accessing Pokemon Bank?

According to Nintendo's website, the application was officially down last night (when I last checked the network status). When I visited the status page again this morning, there was/ is just a general "difficulties with some online services message." However, I haven't been able to load my account for 12 hours now. I'm essentially just wondering if there's suddenly a problem with my Internet, or if this is a shared issue.

KillerDraco

Also, can a poke with its HA that comes from omega ruby go back to gen 4 and then re transferred over? As in it didn't have a HA in gen 4 but it obtained a HA in gen 6.

Crash and Charm already answered that. Pokemon can't transfer backwards to previous generations.

Has anyone else been having problems accessing Pokemon Bank?

According to Nintendo's website, the application was officially down last night (when I last checked the network status). When I visited the status page again this morning, there was/ is just a general "difficulties with some online services message." However, I haven't been able to load my account for 12 hours now. I'm essentially just wondering if there's suddenly a problem with my Internet, or if this is a shared issue.

A friend of mine reported similar issues. It may not be exclusive to you.

Earendil

A friend of mine reported similar issues. It may not be exclusive to you.

Thank you. I guess all that we can do now is wait. For all of Pokemon Bank's inherent advantages, the dependence upon a server--and the resultant inability to access anything when said service is down--is a bit of a downside.

I just bought a used copy of Y. The original owners' save file is still stored and at the pc is the lady who delivers event Pokemon. My question is, if I delete this person's save file and start my own, will I still be able to get the event Pokemon from her or will that info be deleted with the entire file. Please, only answer if you know for 100% certainty. Please!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I just bought a used copy of Y. The original owners' save file is still stored and at the pc is the lady who delivers event Pokemon. My question is, if I delete this person's save file and start my own, will I still be able to get the event Pokemon from her or will that info be deleted with the entire file. Please, only answer if you know for 100% certainty. Please!

Everything will be deleted when you delete the file of the game.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

The only ways to keep the event Pokémon is to pick them up and take them out of the game, via trading or storing them via Pokémon Bank. Then wipe the game save.

It's possible usually with older game to farm for Pokémon by doing this. I've done it plenty of times.

Serene Havoc

What happens when I reach 999:59 hours of playtime Pokemon X (and ORAS for that matter)?
Can you still play and save?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
If Mega Kang was to use seismic toss would both attacks deal 100 damage? If not how much would the 2nd attack do?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If Mega Kang was to use seismic toss would both attacks deal 100 damage? If not how much would the 2nd attack do?

According to Pokémon Showdown's damage calculator, for a Lv 100 Mega Kangaskhan, both strikes of Seismic Toss would deal 100 HP damage.

Mega Kangaskhan Seismic Toss vs. 8 HP Abomasnow: 200-200 (61.9 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In order to get the Prison Bottle, what do I do? In addition, when it comes to breeding Pokemon, are they programmed to not breed with their parent or sibling? Because if not, that's just plain wrong

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
In order to get the Prison Bottle, what do I do? In addition, when it comes to breeding Pokemon, are they programmed to not breed with their parent or sibling? Because if not, that's just plain wrong

Go to Pokemart to get Prison Bottle. Take Hoopa with you in party as you do so.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In addition, when it comes to breeding Pokemon, are they programmed to not breed with their parent or sibling? Because if not, that's just plain wrong

There's no such breeding limitations. This is one of those moments where its best to just suspend your disbelief, and realize that it's impossible to perfectly design a game. It's also worth pointing out though that we don't know how Pokemon breed, and it may not be (and probably isn't) in the way you expect it. Its possible that there's nothing wrong with inbreeding the way Pokemon breed.

pikmints

I'll be referring specifically to the Mythical Distribution event on pokemon20. Will those Pokemon, since they're all level 100, be able to get their level-up moves? Mew will only be able to get the Pound he starts with and any TM/move tutor move? Victini will not be able to get V-create?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'll be referring specifically to the Mythical Distribution event on pokemon20. Will those Pokemon, since they're all level 100, be able to get their level-up moves? Mew will only be able to get the Pound he starts with and any TM/move tutor move? Victini will not be able to get V-create?

V-Create is an event-exclusive move from what I understand, so it would not be possible for the upcoming event Victini to learn it.
As for Mew, you should be able to just grab some heart scales and take it to the move relearner. Same as any other Pokémon.

Mr Ducks

¿por que no los dos?
in oras does dexnav chaining actually increase chance of shiny or no?
also i assume you could start finding shiny with dexnav from the first moment you get it, not have to beat the game or any such thing?