• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Okay, just played through both Colosseum and XD and finished them. Just one question though.

Are Shadow Attacks based on your ATK or SPAtk, does it average both out, stick with the higher offense or what?
Just really curious.

Akashin

Okay, just played through both Colosseum and XD and finished them. Just one question though.

Are Shadow Attacks based on your ATK or SPAtk, does it average both out, stick with the higher offense or what?
Just really curious.

They seem to be either Physical or Special on a case-by-case basis, depending which category the move they were based on fell under. So says this page, anyway, though I can't find any page on Serebii's main site backing it up.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Just for fun, what are the chances of a random horde battle in Pokemon ORAS resulting in five shiny Spinda with the exact same pattern, without the Shiny Charm

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Just for fun, what are the chances of a random horde battle in Pokemon ORAS resulting in five shiny Spinda with the exact same pattern, without the Shiny Charm

Oh, I don't even think that is even going to happen. Chances of such things are near zero.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Can Pickup collect items if you run from battles or do you have to win the battles? I need a lot of PP Ups but battling is taking forever.

Ascended Dialga

Can Pickup collect items if you run from battles or do you have to win the battles? I need a lot of PP Ups but battling is taking forever.

You must win the battles.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Absolutely astronomical considering the chances of any two Spinda having the same pattern alone is less than 1 in 4.2 billion.

If I'm doing my math right, the odds of finding 5 Shiny Pokemon alone is 1 in 1.1529215 * 10[SUP]18[/SUP] which is uh... somewhere around the odds of being hit by lightning two million times in the same second?

Then the odds of getting 5 identical Spindas is 1 in 1.46150164 * 10[SUP]48[/SUP]. So you multiply them together and you get 1 in 1.68499666 * 10[SUP]66[/SUP]. That's 168499666 followed by 58 zeros. I don't even know if there's a word for a number that high.

Last edited:

Theo-92

I don't even know if there's a word for a number that high.

Well the first thing that came to my head after reqding that was "...Wow".

Anyways I'm hoping to get a HA Zapdos from the current serial codes. So far I've had 4 codes and each one has been Moltres. What factor(s) come into play for the outcome of each code, or is it just predetermind when the code is made?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Then the odds of getting 5 identical Spindas is 1 in 1.46150164 * 10[SUP]48[/SUP]. So you multiply them together and you get 1 in 1.68499666 * 10[SUP]66[/SUP]. That's 168499666 followed by 66 zeros. I don't even know if there's a word for a number that high.

Good job with that math. I looked it up and found that a one followed by 66 zeroes does have a name. Which by the way you did mess that up, it's not 168499666 followed by 66 zeros, because all in 1.68499666 * 10[SUP]66[/SUP], the numbers after the decimal count towards the movement of the decimal. So it's actually 168499666 followed by 58 zeros. Anyways, such a number is called unvigintillion

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Good job with that math. I looked it up and found that a one followed by 66 zeroes does have a name. Which by the way you did mess that up, it's not 168499666 followed by 66 zeros, because all in 1.68499666 * 10[SUP]66[/SUP], the numbers after the decimal count towards the movement of the decimal. So it's actually 168499666 followed by 58 zeros. Anyways, such a number is called unvigintillion

Yeah, sorry, I noticed that looking back on it. >.>

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Is there any reason why Gardevoir is in the Amorphous Egg Group, and Nidorina/Nidoqueen aren't in any egg group?

Kelv

Has it ever been explained how a pokemon who's asleep or paralyzed can break out of a pokeball when you are trying to catch it?

I would like to hear the logic especially for a sleeping pokemon.

Akashin

Has it ever been explained how a pokemon who's asleep or paralyzed can break out of a pokeball when you are trying to catch it?

I would like to hear the logic especially for a sleeping pokemon.

You want to know about those but not about how a Pokeball can get through to a Frozen Pokemon in the first place? With that said, Paralysis needs no explanation; Pokemon are only immobilized 50% of the time, so it stands to reason that they could still fight their way out (with the increased chance of capture representing their increased difficulty in doing so). As for Sleep, well, I guess they could design it such that a Pokemon automatically wakes up on a failed attempt (thus implying that they woke up mid-capture), but why?

It's a game. At a certain point you need to ask yourself, "Is adhering to logic worth needlessly aggravating the player?"

Last edited:

Mips

Hi. Could somebody tell me if there is an option in Pokemon Yellow for 3DS to transfer the pokes through the poke bank?

Pokémon Super mystery dungeon : black matter ("matière")

Hello, my question aims people who have played Pokémon Super dungeon mystery : how have you made to defeat black matter (I don't know if the translation is correct from the French word "matière", it's not so important, is it ?), whoever your Pokémon are.
I find it very difficult and becomes very painful.

Thanks for your help. :)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hello, my question aims people who have played Pokémon Super dungeon mystery : how have you made to defeat black matter (I don't know if the translation is correct from the French word "matière", it's not so important, is it ?), whoever your Pokémon are.
I find it very difficult and becomes very painful.

Thanks for your help. :)

First off, take Reviver Seeds or Tiny Reviver Seeds and Elixers. Once you have that covered, Dark Matter is easiest to fight from a distance, so make sure you have ranged moves. Step away from Dark Matter so he can't use his basic close range attack on you. After that all you have to do is spam your ranged attack (have your partner do this too) and avoid Dark Matter's ranged attacks. Keep it up like this and you'll eventually defeat it.