• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This is technically not the right place for this so this question will be moved to the Questions Thread. But yeah, the above would be a good thing to check.

Doziz

Fossil Hunter
Error in Smyths Code for Legendary Birds

Hi there!

I ambled down to Smyths today to collect my legendary birds code, hoping for a Zapdos or Articuno for my collection. A nice lady at the till helped me out, and promised me that following the instructions on the receipt would allow me to receive all three birds if I used this one code in the Nintendo eShop. The receipt reads as follows;
(Code here)

'3DS AOC (Pokemon) 3 Legendary Birds

Available for download/valid from 22 Mar. 2016

To redeem visit the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo console. Redeemable only once. Non-exchangeable and non-refundable. This does not affect your statutarty rights.

Broadband wireless internet connection, acceptance of the network related terms and privacy policies (also at ms.nintendoeurope.com/terms/) and registration/link to a Nintendo Network ID required.

Downloaded content only playable on the console to which it was downloaded.

See also www.nintendo-europe.com for full details.

Retain this receipt.

Issuer: Nintendo of GmbH']

However, having been to the eShop, I ran into a problem immediately: The letter Z is not allowed in a Nintendo eShop code. And I had two in my code. So I'm hoping that anyone on here has a solution as to how I can get my three birds? Or is it just a single-use code for a single bird, and the checkout assistant was sadly mistaken? Thanks for your time.

ker-plop

PokéMaverick Hunter
Have you tried tapping the touch screen text box? Everyone thinks their game locks up because pressing a doesn't work when that in fact never worked

Well, now I feel both incredibly stupid and incredibly grateful. It was exactly as you said. Thank you so much!

Shiny Rokon

Can you buy a copy of Pokemon heroes on DVD or blu Ray without that horrible blue tint? I have the Japanese DVD & it's beautiful but it would be nice to have a dub copy which was watchable...

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi there!

I ambled down to Smyths today to collect my legendary birds code, hoping for a Zapdos or Articuno for my collection. A nice lady at the till helped me out, and promised me that following the instructions on the receipt would allow me to receive all three birds if I used this one code in the Nintendo eShop. The receipt reads as follows;

However, having been to the eShop, I ran into a problem immediately: The letter Z is not allowed in a Nintendo eShop code. And I had two in my code. So I'm hoping that anyone on here has a solution as to how I can get my three birds? Or is it just a single-use code for a single bird, and the checkout assistant was sadly mistaken? Thanks for your time.

I think the Receipt is has standard 3DS eShop text on it. Use the "Get Via Code" option in your 6th Gen game's Mystery gift.

Can you buy a copy of Pokemon heroes on DVD or blu Ray without that horrible blue tint? I have the Japanese DVD & it's beautiful but it would be nice to have a dub copy which was watchable...

I think the Blue Tint was added to the re-release version. I've got my UK copy before the re-release, it doesn't have a noticeable tint. As most stores use the same image for the cover I can't tell which one is which.

Last edited:

Kiraush

Wasn't there a way to know if a Poke has been cloned?

Just came back from a long break from Pokemon, and I could've sworn there was a way to check if a Pokemon has been cloned based on how many times it's been traded or something like that?

Someone had talked to me about it when I was super happy to have my Shiny WSHMKR Jirachi and he showed me that it had been cloned beyond recognition at this point.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hasty

Moonside
Just came back from a long break from Pokemon, and I could've sworn there was a way to check if a Pokemon has been cloned based on how many times it's been traded or something like that?

Someone had talked to me about it when I was super happy to have my Shiny WSHMKR Jirachi and he showed me that it had been cloned beyond recognition at this point.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Clones are always exactly the same as the original Pokemon, there is no difference between them. That is the definition of clone in Pokemon.

The only Pokemon you can be absolutely sure about that they are not cloned or "neatly" hacked are the Pokemon you obtain yourself.

I think the person talked about that you can check on the Internet if other people have the same Jirachi as yours (same IVs, Nature etc). If there are many identical Jirachi out there, it means that the Jirachi is very likely cloned or hacked.

No, no other that I'm aware of. You should get the News letter.
Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I remembered I could transfer Generation 4 Pokemon to Generation 5 and then to Generation 6. Whew!!! It took a few hours a few days ago. I transferred Pokemon from Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Black 2 to Pokemon Bank, where 3.04 boxes full of legendaries, shinies, and some other Pokemon are ready to be transferred to my Omega Ruby copy. 0_0

Some Pokemon couldn't be transferred between Pearl and Black 2 because they contained hidden moves. What are those again?

One Shaymin from either Pearl or Black 2 couldn't be transferred because it was labelled as a "problematic Pokemon." What's that mean? Does it mean it's a hacked/cheated Pokemon? It was a Shaymin with the OT listed as TERRA. Of course, I had a legitimate Shaymin from Toyrs R US I was able to transfer. 0_0

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I remembered I could transfer Generation 4 Pokemon to Generation 5 and then to Generation 6. Whew!!! It took a few hours a few days ago. I transferred Pokemon from Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Black 2 to Pokemon Bank, where 3.04 boxes full of legendaries, shinies, and some other Pokemon are ready to be transferred to my Omega Ruby copy. 0_0

Some Pokemon couldn't be transferred between Pearl and Black 2 because they contained hidden moves. What are those again?

One Shaymin from either Pearl or Black 2 couldn't be transferred because it was labelled as a "problematic Pokemon." What's that mean? Does it mean it's a hacked/cheated Pokemon? It was a Shaymin with the OT listed as TERRA. Of course, I had a legitimate Shaymin from Toyrs R US I was able to transfer. 0_0

Ok, Gen 4 to gen 5 Issues: These Pokémon contain Moves that Come from HMs, so Moves like Cut, Surf and Rock Smash, need deleting. Please remember that you need to have at least one other Pokémon that knows the HM move you're going to delete.

Problematic Pokémon are often hacked. Shaymin got an event in Platinum that allowed you to catch it. So the OT is Valid. There is a Glitch that allowed you to catch both Darkari and Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl. I've read that the DP Darkari & Shaymin lack the Event Flag that was present in Platinum and all official Shaymin events.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Ok, Gen 4 to gen 5 Issues: These Pokémon contain Moves that Come from HMs, so Moves like Cut, Surf and Rock Smash, need deleting. Please remember that you need to have at least one other Pokémon that knows the HM move you're going to delete.

Problematic Pokémon are often hacked. Shaymin got an event in Platinum that allowed you to catch it. So the OT is Valid. There is a Glitch that allowed you to catch both Darkari and Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl. I've read that the DP Darkari & Shaymin lack the Event Flag that was present in Platinum and all official Shaymin events.

Thank you so much!!! This helped a lot!!! :) I appreciate it.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Why are legendary Pokémon called Legendary Pokémon? There is absolutely nothing "legendary" about them. There is clear evidence that they are just as real as the rest of them.

(and before anyone takes this the wrong way, I mean real in the Pokémon World.)

EDIT: KillerDraco's answer makes a lot of sense, thanks for the answer.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Why are legendary Pokémon called Legendary Pokémon? There is absolutely nothing "legendary" about them. There is clear evidence that they are just as real as the rest of them.

Legendary's definition also means famous or well known.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

EDIT: KillerDraco's answer makes a lot of sense, thanks for the answer.

It's also worth noting that even in real life figures we see as legendary may not be entirely fiction. For example, there is speculation that a real King Arthur did exist, or archaeologists have discovered what they believe to be the city of Troy. Legendary doesn't mean fictitious, it simply means legends are told about it. It is made quite clear that Legendary Pokemon have all sorts of myths and legends associated with them. On top of that, most are only even known to exist in the first place because of the stories told about them, hence making them the stuff of legends.

duotastic

So the Zygarde event in the USA ended on the 8th! I frantically checked Mystery Gift anyway at just past 1 AM EST on the 9th...to see that it was still being distributed, so the result is a Zygarde with an obtain date of 5/9/16. Is this going to cause any legality issues? It's definitely a legal Pokémon obtained through legal means, but the obtain date isn't listed in the legal distribution dates. Is this going to cause problems if I try to use or deposit my Zygarde in Pokémon Bank or anything?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So the Zygarde event in the USA ended on the 8th! I frantically checked Mystery Gift anyway at just past 1 AM EST on the 9th...to see that it was still being distributed, so the result is a Zygarde with an obtain date of 5/9/16. Is this going to cause any legality issues? It's definitely a legal Pokémon obtained through legal means, but the obtain date isn't listed in the legal distribution dates. Is this going to cause problems if I try to use or deposit my Zygarde in Pokémon Bank or anything?

Nah.

You obtained the Pokemon through legitimate means by officially downloading it through your game's Mystery Gift.
You should not worry.

shadowF

I was wondering is cloning illegal for official tournaments? I am wondering because I was thinking of cloning some of my favorite memorable pokemon and putting them on pokemon bank, that way if I ever lose the catridge or it breaks I would not need to worry that I lost some of my dearest friends since I know I still have them saved up as a backup in pokemon bank.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I was wondering is cloning illegal for official tournaments? I am wondering because I was thinking of cloning some of my favorite memorable pokemon and putting them on pokemon bank, that way if I ever lose the catridge or it breaks I would not need to worry that I lost some of my dearest friends since I know I still have them saved up as a backup in pokemon bank.

Officially, it is.. But a good clone of a legal Pokemon would be impossible to tell unless you knew it was one.

BCVM22

All 3DS hardware and software is firmly region-locked. Your options are import a North American 3DS and game at an exorbitant price, or simply wait the five days.