• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Why is that so?

Each pokemon in the horde gives you 1EV each. Power item gives you a further 4 EV's per pokemon. So 1 pokemon gives you 5 EV's and since your battling 5 pokemon at once 5x5=25 EV's gained. If you had pokerus then it would be 50 EV's per horde since pokerus doubles the number of EV's gained in a battle. 25x2= 50 EV's.

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
Each pokemon in the horde gives you 1EV each. Power item gives you a further 4 EV's per pokemon. So 1 pokemon gives you 5 EV's and since your battling 5 pokemon at once 5x5=25 EV's gained. If you had pokerus then it would be 50 EV's per horde since pokerus doubles the number of EV's gained in a battle. 25x2= 50 EV's.

It would still be 50 EVs, though, because you still get double EVs from cured Pokerus. The only thing that happens when Pokerus is cured is that it can't spread anymore, but it's still fully active.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Does Synchronise work 100% of the time when using to on the Latios/Latias that you receive after defeating Team Magma/Aqua? I swear I remember reading that somewhere. I want to take Latias with me but don't want to end up having to spend 3 days SRing for a good one like I did with Latios.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
It would still be 50 EVs, though, because you still get double EVs from cured Pokerus. The only thing that happens when Pokerus is cured is that it can't spread anymore, but it's still fully active.

Oh really? I didn't know that. Thanks for enlightening me.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Does Synchronise work 100% of the time when using to on the Latios/Latias that you receive after defeating Team Magma/Aqua? I swear I remember reading that somewhere. I want to take Latias with me but don't want to end up having to spend 3 days SRing for a good one like I did with Latios.

I don't think so. Synchronise only works on pokemon that you are about to battle. The Latias/Latios you get after defeating Team Magma/Aqua joins your team so Synchronise wouldn't work on it. Soft-resetting is what you have to do for a particular nature one.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
There is one thing I'm wondering about, and I hope someone can give me a detailed answer.

What exactly qualifies as a country in the Pokémon World? At first I thought a region was a country, but apparently I'm wrong. In fact it seems like regions in the Pokémon World is like a state in the US.

BCVM22

There is no detailed answer because what passes for the separate canons don't really spend time establishing geopolitical boundaries.

The first four were closely based on regions of real-life Japan, so the best answer anyone can give is the obvious one, that a region is just that - a geographical region that might contain multiple climates and might not. Are they all part of one or two giant countries? Are there smaller countries within each region that never get mentioned? We're unlikely to ever know because it's not something they really need to establish.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There is one thing I'm wondering about, and I hope someone can give me a detailed answer.

What exactly qualifies as a country in the Pokémon World? At first I thought a region was a country, but apparently I'm wrong. In fact it seems like regions in the Pokémon World is like a state in the US.

There really is no answer to that question. A basic analysis would infer that each region is its own country, but certain more in-depth approaches suggest that a region is only part of a larger country. There is no actual definition of what that larger country would be.

My personal theory is that the Pokemon world is a utopian society with no need for government, so trying to define locations as countries in the traditional sense is impossible. This is evidenced in the fact that there seems to be minimal governmental structure of any kind.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Question about Legendary Bird Trio event.

Has anyone gotten the codes for it?
I've been subscribed to the pokemon news letter for a LONG time, and I haven't gotten the code (I read on the main page that they were sending them already - Started May 3rd).

Theo-92

Yes, Synchronise will work 100% of the time. It also works for cosplay Pikachu.

I wish it worked for mystery gift Pokemon...

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Sigh, the heck... I get all the other newsletter they send and the one that matters I didn't get. I've been subscribed to them for over a year...

Have you checked your spam folder?

The subject line is "Get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai in May"