• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
When one wants his mon to get 4 ems, does it have to be divided that 2 would come from the mother and 2 from the father, or it could also be 3:1 in any combination?

In addition, you can have each parent know four different Egg Moves, eight in total, and while the child only keeps four, it can then 'relearn' the other four with heart scales.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
In addition, you can have each parent know four different Egg Moves, eight in total, and while the child only keeps four, it can then 'relearn' the other four with heart scales.

Oh really? Didn't know this part! Thanks guys.
Isn't it strange that a mon can't flee from a wild battle but if I try to attack the foe my poke hits first?

Grim712

'New Guy'
Can anyone explain to me what determines whether you can get an event Pokemon or not? Specifically with the Mew that is supposed to be a second chance, I originally got one for each of my Gen 6 games (X, OR and AS), I then decided to test this second chance to see if I could get it again, It worked for X and AS but failed for OR, giving me the "You already have this" message. I now have 5 Mews (which I am in no way complaining about) and I am curious why I could get my three originally, and then get 2/3 "second chances" when technically I shouldn't get any as I already had the first lot. I am thoroughly confused.

PsychoKing47

Just to clarify: is it possible to breed baby Pokemon (the one that you have to use the incenses for) with a male of the parent species and a Ditto, or does it have to be a female of the parent species and a male of the same egg group?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Just to clarify: is it possible to breed baby Pokemon (the one that you have to use the incenses for) with a male of the parent species and a Ditto, or does it have to be a female of the parent species and a male of the same egg group?

Baby pokemon are unable to breed regardless. They must be evolved first and once they are evolved they can breed with any compatible parent/species.

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
Oh really? Didn't know this part! Thanks guys.
Isn't it strange that a mon can't flee from a wild battle but if I try to attack the foe my poke hits first?

The equation for fleeing isn't a direct comparison of speed stats; it's an equation that involves the two stats but involves other numbers and a RNG on top of it.

At equal speed stats (the threshold where you can first outspeed your opponent in a speed tie), the equation for fleeing gives 158/256 chance of escaping, or 62%.

The exact point where you reach 100% chance of successfully fleeing on the first try is when you are 1.8x as fast as your opponent, but you reach 80% odds when you're only 1.4x as fast as your opponent.

Also, you're guaranteed to escape the second try at 1.5x as fast as your opponent, but get 80% odds to escape on the second try at 1.1x as fast as your opponent. Equal speeds nets you 73% escape rate for the second try.

PsychoKing47

Baby pokemon are unable to breed regardless. They must be evolved first and once they are evolved they can breed with any compatible parent/species.
Bad wording on my part. I meant to ask if I can breed FOR the baby Pokemon rather than being able to breed the baby Pokemon itself (e.g. breed a male Snorlax holding Full Incense with a Ditto to get a Munchlax or breeding a female Snorlax holding Full Incense with a male Snorlax to get a Munchlax).

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Bad wording on my part. I meant to ask if I can breed FOR the baby Pokemon rather than being able to breed the baby Pokemon itself (e.g. breed a male Snorlax holding Full Incense with a Ditto to get a Munchlax or breeding a female Snorlax holding Full Incense with a male Snorlax to get a Munchlax).

As long as one of the parents is holding the required incense, the offspring will be the baby Pokémon of the parent associated with the incense. Breeding a Snorlax with a Full Incense and Ditto or a female Snorlax with the same item with a compatible male will both produce a Munchlax egg.

BladeForge

Happy Person
My Legendary pokemon are disappearing in pokemon Y and Black! HELP!

So, I got on my pokemon Y after a year of not playing it and my lv 100 yveltal and lv 100 Xerneas were both GONE! And in pokemon OR or Y(Cant remember) my mewtwo and Zygarde were also gone!
And in pokemon Black my lv sixtey-something Leavanny(Did I spell it right?) was gone too! I beat the champion with that pokemon! But I think it might've been my brother, and the game is EXTREMELY old... At least I put my zekrom, reshiram, and Kyurem into Y or OR, can't remember... But I lost Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion... So please help!

Snoo

Work Hard, Play Hard
I don't think anything is wrong with your games. Anything can happen within' a year, and you not remembering doesn't really help the situation. However, there is a Trade forum where you can try to get those Pokémon's back. If your not interested in trading, then I suggest you restarting your games.

Hope I helped. :]

distraktanitor

why cant i get my mew?
when i write the code MEW2016 they write me "You cannot yet receive the gift provided by this code"
anyone know how to fix that??

BladeForge

Happy Person
why cant i get my mew?
when i write the code MEW2016 they write me "You cannot yet receive the gift provided by this code"

That's because it's not the code... You have to recieve it in the newletter, and it's probably really complex, because it's computer-generated. But then again, I could be wrong, I haven't recieved the newletter yet. But that code is VERY simple, so they'd probably not use it.

Nvr mind, You're right, the code IS MEW2016. I don't know what's wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
why cant i get my mew?

That's because it's not the code... You have to recieve it in the newletter, and it's probably really complex, because it's computer-generated. But then again, I could be wrong, I haven't recieved the newletter yet. But that code is VERY simple, so they'd probably not use it.

Nvr mind, You're right, the code IS MEW2016. I don't know what's wrong...

The Event is apparently over, and sadly you've missed your second chance at a Mew.

If you're desperate to get one: There is another Mew "event" going on now, and this one has no end date.. It's a swine to get though. http://www.serebii.net/ranch/trade.shtml (Look at the bottom of the page) Almost any Wii (or Wii U in Wii Mode) can be used to get this via download title My Pokémon Ranch with copy or Daimond or Pearl.

BladeForge

Happy Person
Noooooo i was waiting so long for the newsletter and i missed it...

BladeForge

Happy Person
Do you think the Pokémon Adventures manga is consistent in quality compared to the anime?

I think the manga is better... But the movie is nice too... The series is sorta... Stupid sometimes, like when Ash asked what a asteroid was, but it's okay, but the manga is mush better. But I'm a bookworm, so...

PsychoKing47

If I'm battling a Wobbuffet or Wynaut using a Pokemon that is either holding a Smoke Ball or has the ability Run Away, would I be able to run away from it or would the Shadow Tag ability take precedence over the Smoke Ball and Run Away? Just wondering for if I ever get a Friend Safari containing Wobbuffet so I can hunt for a shiny more easily.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If I'm battling a Wobbuffet or Wynaut using a Pokemon that is either holding a Smoke Ball or has the ability Run Away, would I be able to run away from it or would the Shadow Tag ability take precedence over the Smoke Ball and Run Away? Just wondering for if I ever get a Friend Safari containing Wobbuffet so I can hunt for a shiny more easily.

Yes, Smoke Ball and Run Away take priority of Shadow Tag.

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
Okay, so, silly question, but I was making a Pokemon trainer OC, and I was wondering - is there any precedent at all, whether from the games, TV show, manga, or what-have-you, to support pokegirls? That is, the Pokemon equivalent of catgirls?