• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters
New, and Where to Post This?

Hey, new to the forum, been going to this site for info for years though. Haha.

Anyway, I was playing the game, and recently decided to raise a ghastly, because I usually don't do that. I know Gengar is pretty good - but ghastly's learn set is really bad! All it knows is lick, until night shade, which only deals your level in power damage. Shadowball is the first decent move it learns, it doesn't even learn anything in around 40-60 power in its early levels - which pretty much every other pokemon does.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same? Also my RNG sucks for status effects. Hypnosis never hits, lick never paralyses, spite and curse are used very seldom, especially not when you're out battling other trainers around the region. I'd only use it for a gym battle.

It'd be different if I was raising this for competitive, but I'm not, so a build like that would be largely useless in game. (Considering most of the moves used for tourneys are specialized for a specific strategy and don't have all that much PP anyway, but that's for another discussion...).

Anyway, unsure where to post this, since I'm talking about ghastly in general here.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Where can I see a list of Smogon events? Why don't they appear on serebii's index?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Where can I see a list of Smogon events? Why don't they appear on serebii's index?

Are you sure they even exist?

Almost anything that Smogon does is not official event or competition, and Serebii doesn't cover fan events on his site.

Also During Gen 4 and 5, where was a way to create a Wifi Event for those games, however this required a few modifications to your DS to make it connect to an unofficial server. Due to Serebii rules.. I'm not going to in to detail here, but some sites may still have some info about it.

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
Pokemon Global Link troubles

I'm not sure if that's the right place to talk about it, but has anyone here have currently any trouble trying to log into the Pokemon Global Link website or even the main Pokemon website?

If a moderator passes by and believes this isn't the right place, you can move it, just let me know where it has been moved to, please. Thanks.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This question partially deals with the geography of Japan.

Almia was thought to be the tail end of the Hokkaido region, which is the basis of Sinnoh.

I read somewhere (I think bulbapedia) that when you send to Manaphy egg from Shadows of Alima, a person will reference a nearby region.

So my questions.
1. Does anybody have a bit of support for this, either with a quote text dump, picture of the event, or a photo that shows the person mentioning Sinnoh as a nearby region?
2. Ultimately, at least from the Ranger side of the canon, would Almia be slightly off of Sinnoh?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This question partially deals with the geography of Japan.

Almia was thought to be the tail end of the Hokkaido region, which is the basis of Sinnoh.

I read somewhere (I think bulbapedia) that when you send to Manaphy egg from Shadows of Alima, a person will reference a nearby region.

So my questions.
1. Does anybody have a bit of support for this, either with a quote text dump, picture of the event, or a photo that shows the person mentioning Sinnoh as a nearby region?
2. Ultimately, at least from the Ranger side of the canon, would Almia be slightly off of Sinnoh?

The Manaphy Mission in first Ranger game Prof Hastings mentions that Sinnoh is closest Place that a Manaphy egg can hatch. It could mean that some places closer to Fiore can't hatch a Manaphy but people and Pokémon are there. Given that Prof Hasting and several Characters are the other Ranger games, it can be implied that Alima is closer to Fiore than Sinnoh. (A Ranger from Shadows of Alima is seen in a location in Fiore in a newspaper clipping in game.)

It's been years since I last played the games..

Which Brings me up to the following question: While I know sending a Manaphy Egg is impossible in the Wii U version, can I still play the Manaphy Mission in the Wii U version of Pokémon Ranger using the codes on Serebii?

Smokin' weedle

This has been bugging my mind lately, but when I played pokemon red i had a weedle, who evolved at level 4 or 5, never learned harden, and was a beedrill at level 8 or 9. I'm not sure how it happened, but i want to know why it didn't learn harden in the first place, so if anyone has an explanation please tell me.

KillerDraco

This has been bugging my mind lately, but when I played pokemon red i had a weedle, who evolved at level 4 or 5, never learned harden, and was a beedrill at level 8 or 9. I'm not sure how it happened, but i want to know why it didn't learn harden in the first place, so if anyone has an explanation please tell me.

I moved your question to the general questions thread as it really has nothing to do with competitive.

Anyway a couple things. Weedle evolves at level 7, and Kakuna evolves at level 10. In generation 1, Kakuna does not learn Harden by leveling up; it can only know it by being caught in the wild. However, in generation 2 and every generation thereafter, Kakuna learns Harden at level 7, and thus it learns it upon evolving from a Weedle.

Smokin' weedle

I moved your question to the general questions thread as it really has nothing to do with competitive.

Anyway a couple things. Weedle evolves at level 7, and Kakuna evolves at level 10. In generation 1, Kakuna does not learn Harden by leveling up; it can only know it by being caught in the wild. However, in generation 2 and every generation thereafter, Kakuna learns Harden at level 7, and thus it learns it upon evolving from a Weedle.

Sorry about the wrong placing, I didn't take notice. But I do remember it evolving to early, I checked it's page as it seemed absurdly early. Could it have been a glitch or something of that kind?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Which Brings me up to the following question: While I know sending a Manaphy Egg is impossible in the Wii U version, can I still play the Manaphy Mission in the Wii U version of Pokémon Ranger using the codes on Serebii?
The one thing I know about this is that the codes were only released in Western territories, where Japan had a limited download that would obtain Manaphy that way.

With that said, I am very curious myself. It would be interesting, but an unhatched Manaphy would bug the bejesus out of me.

I kind of wished that the Ranger games would have a unique configuration for Gen VI in way similar to Gen 1's capability to transfer to Gen 7.

KillerDraco

Sorry about the wrong placing, I didn't take notice. But I do remember it evolving to early, I checked it's page as it seemed absurdly early. Could it have been a glitch or something of that kind?

The more likely answer is faulty memory. The odds that you were somehow in possession of a game that had a one-in-a-billion glitch/bug/whatever that literally does not exist in any other game is, quite frankly, astronomically low to the point of practically being zero.

Kakuna can be caught underleveled in the wild, but Weedle evolves at level 7 and Kakuna evolves at level 10, that is an absolute fact that has been consistent since day 1 of Pokemon.

Syntience

So, the EXP Share item. I still don't get how it works. Example: i battle using one pokemon and win. Would the exp said pokemon gets be less with the exp share on?

(Like, does the exp share divide exp for each pokemon in my party, or does it just give extra exp to each other pokemon in my party? if that makes sense.) another example: if i had less pokemon in my party, would each get more exp than if there was more?

hopefully that made some sense. it's hard to explain

another way to explain: if exp share is on, would the exp the pokemon i battled with be 100% of the experience? or would it be less than 100% from being divided between each pokemon in my party?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheEliteEmpoleon

another way to explain: if exp share is on, would the exp the pokemon i battled with be 100% of the experience? or would it be less than 100% from being divided between each pokemon in my party?

In Gen VI, the pokémon that you battle with will get 100% of the experience, and all others will get 50%.

Syntience

Ah, ok. So then why would anyone want to turn it off? If the battling pokemon gets the same exp regardless of whether it's on or off, but party pokemon still get exp if it's on...

Thanks for clarifying tho :3

TheEliteEmpoleon

Ah, ok. So then why would anyone want to turn it off? If the battling pokemon gets the same exp regardless of whether it's on or off, but party pokemon still get exp if it's on...

I guess some people just feel like it makes the game too easy. It's nice to have the option to turn it off anyway.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

Some people turn it off because they prefer more of a challenge when they are going through the story and you would also turn it off when spreading pokerus to other pokemon.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In Pokemon Battle Revolution, when you copy Pokemon from a Gen 4 Pokemon Game, will any hacked Pokemon appear in the storage unit, or do you specifically have to use them in battle?

Also, other than EV total values being too high, what else does PBR detect?

-I am asking this strictly because I am hack-checking a used Pokemon game.

Edit: Through comparing with other media (picture & video) I believe that I have found my first question to be affirmative.

I know not every hack-check is flawless, but I want to do as much as I can to test legitimacy. Because of this, I don't need an answer to this post unless someone has information to enlighten me with.

TL;DR- I basically found the answer to my question.

Last edited: