• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

AmethystLeslie

Was there any official reason as to why apricorn balls/apricorns can't be given as held items? Is it just to prevent them from being traded backwards to D/P/Pt?

I assume, there probably isn't code for Apricorn Balls in the Sinnoh games.

On that note, can you trade pokemon in Apricorn balls from HGSS to DPPt? I assume if you can, they'd be in standard Pokeballs.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I assume, there probably isn't code for Apricorn Balls in the Sinnoh games.

On that note, can you trade pokemon in Apricorn balls from HGSS to DPPt? I assume if you can, they'd be in standard Pokeballs.

Yes you can. Any Apricorn ball will turn in to a standard Pokéball in DPPt, Ranch and PBR.

Looking at this page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_Generation_IV#Block_D in Block D there is area used just for HGSS balls, separate from the Pokéball.

Last edited:

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Because it's not an event, but a ingame trade.

It's like the Kalos starters from X & Y from Shauna.
\

ohh no wonder. Which game was it on?

AmethystLeslie

HGSS. Jasmine will ask for any Pokemon in Olivine City.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I have a question, but I am gonna go into detail before I ask the question.

You see I am interested in buying Pokémon Sun, in fact I do intent on buying it once it's out. I have a 3DS that I bought in a physical store. I'm from Iceland by the way. And usually when I buy something I buy it from Amazon.com and it's sent to me from there. My question is, will an American 3DS game be playable on a 3DS bought in Iceland? If not I'm buying from amazon.co.uk instead.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a question, but I am gonna go into detail before I ask the question.

You see I am interested in buying Pokémon Sun, in fact I do intent on buying it once it's out. I have a 3DS that I bought in a physical store. I'm from Iceland by the way. And usually when I buy something I buy it from Amazon.com and it's sent to me from there. My question is, will an American 3DS game be playable on a 3DS bought in Iceland? If not I'm buying from amazon.co.uk instead.

The Honest answer is I don't know. The 3DS is region locked. The Easiest way to check is look at your physical 3DS games already.

On the bottom on each card is a code: the Last 3 Letter is the Region. If the Code is EUR, AUS or UKV then, you have a European 3DS console, and should gotten from the UK. (AUS is for Australia, which shares 3DS regions with Europe.) If the Code is USA, then It's Americian. (There are other Codes, but most of them are easy to work out.)

Here I've got a 3DS and a DS game. http://imgur.com/RPAl8ia Note that AS has a Code LNA-CTR-ECLP-EUR so it's European. While Mario 64 DS (NTR-ASMP-EUR) is European, but the DS games are not Region locked and it can be played on any 3DS console.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
The Honest answer is I don't know. The 3DS is region locked. The Easiest way to check is look at your physical 3DS games already.

On the bottom on each card is a code: the Last 3 Letter is the Region. If the Code is EUR, AUS or UKV then, you have a European 3DS console, and should gotten from the UK. (AUS is for Australia, which shares 3DS regions with Europe.) If the Code is USA, then It's Americian. (There are other Codes, but most of them are easy to work out.)

Here I've got a 3DS and a DS game. http://imgur.com/RPAl8ia Note that AS has a Code LNA-CTR-ECLP-EUR so it's European. While Mario 64 DS (NTR-ASMP-EUR) is European, but the DS games are not Region locked and it can be played on any 3DS console.

But is there a way of knowing the code on the amazon page? Because if not, then I'm gonna shop on amazon.co.uk since I don't wanna risk wasting money. I usually use amazon.com.

Thanks for the help.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
But is there a way of knowing the code on the amazon page? Because if not, then I'm gonna shop on amazon.co.uk since I don't wanna risk wasting money. I usually use amazon.com.

Thanks for the help.

Most of the time on Amazon.com, it will the US version unless stated, while the Amazon.co.uk it will be European Version unless stated.

Remember that If you have a US 3DS, you should get the US version , or if you have European 3DS, you should get European Version.

I buy from Amazon occationally, I also sell.

TiredButAwake

My boyfriend wants to know what his shiny trainer id value is so i was wondering if someone could pm me and help me find out.

Dont ban me or give me a warning or whatever because i dont know if im allowed to ask this.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
My boyfriend wants to know what his shiny trainer id value is so i was wondering if someone could pm me and help me find out.

Dont ban me or give me a warning or whatever because i dont know if im allowed to ask this.

OK, The Easiest way is to look at the game save or a Pokémon from caught game in certain Save editors. However some patches has made other older methods impossible to use.

In the Past, finding the Secret ID (and subsequently Shiny ID) basicly required a wild shiny to narrow in the Values to about 8 possible Values.

To actually made use of it you also needed to manually set your clock to a time and do X amount of task in exact timings after finding a program to work it out.

I personally consider it cheating... but I remember as the Pokémon detected as Legitimate, with some questionable dates, I think Serebii just discourages the practice.. Mind you I haven't check since 2013..

TiredButAwake

OK, The Easiest way is to look at the game save or a Pokémon from caught game in certain Save editors. However some patches has made other older methods impossible to use.

In the Past, finding the Secret ID (and subsequently Shiny ID) basicly required a wild shiny to narrow in the Values to about 8 possible Values.

To actually made use of it you also needed to manually set your clock to a time and do X amount of task in exact timings after finding a program to work it out.

I personally consider it cheating... but I remember as the Pokémon detected as Legitimate, with some questionable dates, I think Serebii just discourages the practice.. Mind you I haven't check since 2013..

Oh okay thank you

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue and Red Rescue Team, can you recruit fully evolved Pokemon through Jirachi?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
i noticed that when a raichu attacked my protected by lightningrod team [doubles] in the battle spot it were able to hit through my own raichu's ability. does it mean that lightningrod vs lightningrod = both abilities are eliminated?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Does anybody know the game IDs for all of the NDS Pokemon games?

I want to complete this list.

Colosseum Bous Disc 0
Sapphire 1
Ruby 2
Emerald 3
Fire Red 4
Leaf Green 5
Orre 15
Y 25
Alpha Sapphire 26
Omega Ruby 27
Sun/Moon Demo 30
Sun 31
Moon 32

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How exactly is it that Spinda can have over 4 billion variations? I don't think there's enough pixel variation on the Gen III sprite to let that be possible

Is Ash-Greninja better than Protean Greninja in-game? Also my follow up question, is Ash-Greninja broken and or can be classified as a psuedo?

KillerDraco

Is Ash-Greninja better than Protean Greninja in-game? Also my follow up question, is Ash-Greninja broken and or can be classified as a psuedo?

I mean, given Ash-Greninja is nature locked into Hardy and IV-locked into 20/31/20/31/20/31, it's outright worse and slower than a properly bred Protean Greninja prior to transforming. After transforming, it does get a pretty substantial stat boost such that it does end up faster, although iirc Protean still does more damage on everything that's not already STAB (i.e., non-Water and non-Dark moves).

It's not a pseudo-legendary, and it's not really broken IMO either.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How exactly is it that Spinda can have over 4 billion variations? I don't think there's enough pixel variation on the Gen III sprite to let that be possible
It deals with a hough 4 billion-ish number called the personality value. This value also determines shiny Pokemon with the Trainer and secret ID.
In gen III, it was also responsible for determinate natures.

-
To clarify my question, I'm asking from the programming aspect of the games. I don't play to cheat the games or anything like that, but data such as that makes me curious.

I mean, given Ash-Greninja is nature locked into Hardy and IV-locked into 20/31/20/31/20/31, it's outright worse and slower than a properly bred Protean Greninja prior to transforming. After transforming, it does get a pretty substantial stat boost such that it does end up faster, although iirc Protean still does more damage on everything that's not already STAB (i.e., non-Water and non-Dark moves).

It's not a pseudo-legendary, and it's not really broken IMO either.

K thanks, everyone was talking about OP it was. I even heard that it's attack is 2 notches down from Mewto.
Also, if Ash-Greninja wasn't Nature locked and wasn't IV locked, what about then? Cause, I think it is a pretty reasonable assumption that they will soon take the leash off...