• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Why is Gardevoir in the Amorphous/Indeterminate egg group rather than the Humanshape and/or Fairy egg group?

Why is Shedinja in the mineral group? Why is Ekans considered a dragon? Someone just said so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know the exact date when pokebank will be updated?

landipan

Does anyone know/feel confident in in their opinion of what the next Gen will release a new Eeveelution? Next one? One after that? Must have more Eevees....

KillerDraco

Does anyone know/feel confident in in their opinion of what the next Gen will release a new Eeveelution? Next one? One after that? Must have more Eevees....

There is literally no way to answer that question because literally no one knows.

landipan

There is literally no way to answer that question because literally no one knows.

Now I wouldn't say 'Literally' know one knows, I'm sure someone at GF has a plan ;)

I was just wondering what other people's opinions/thoughts/prophesies etc. were.

^,~

garirry

Now I wouldn't say 'Literally' know one knows, I'm sure someone at GF has a plan ;)

I was just wondering what other people's opinions/thoughts/prophesies etc. were.

^,~

Well, it really depends on what is Game Freak's mentality at the time of creating Pokemon for each generation. In Gen 4, the whole mentality was "make new evolutions to existing pokemon and make new baby pokemon", so naturally we got Leafeon and Glaceon. In Gen 6, the only reason we got Sylveon was because of the Fairy type, and an Eeveelution is a good way to demonstrate it. So the way I see it is if Gen 8 is either a nostalgia trip (which I hope doesn't happen), a make more evolutions mentality (which I wouldn't mind), or a crazy new mechanic that just needs a new eeveelution, then there might be a new Eeveelution, but then again it's a question of what type to use in order not to beat a dead horse and result in useless and/or ugly Pokemon. Personally, I'd like a Dragon type Eeveelution, but that's just me.

KillerDraco

^,~

Which is moot point in a forum where no one works at Game Freak.

This thread is for actual legitimate questions that can be answered. Not for theories/speculation.

Next.

landipan

Which is moot point in a forum where no one works at Game Freak.

This thread is for actual legitimate questions that can be answered. Not for theories/speculation.

Next.

I'm sorry, I didn't know this type of question wasn't allowed in this thread. My apologies.

Exodd

When Nincada evolves, do any of the stats, values, or attacks carry over to Shedinja?

BCVM22

When Nincada evolves, do any of the stats, values, or attacks carry over to Shedinja?

Per Bulbapedia:

- Shedinja inherits the same personality value, IVs, EVs, OT and ID number as the Nincada that shed it. Among other things, due to keeping the same personality value, if the Nincada was Shiny, Shedinja will be Shiny as well.

- Prior to Generation V, if Nincada learns a move upon evolving into Ninjask, Shedinja will also know this move. This means that Shedinja can learn any of Ninjask's level up moves starting at level 20, but only the ones learned at the same level. In Generation V [and later, I assume?], Shedinja starts with the moves Nincada knew prior to evolution.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hey, does anyone know why they think that there are no new Mega Evolutions of Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon?

So that the developers could put more focus on Z-Moves, a new, major mechanic of this gen.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What breaks shiny chaining in fishing and the DexNav respectively?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

None for DexNav, as apparently it has a flat shiny chance. Not sure about chain fishing, feels like ages since the last time I did it xD

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Chain fishing is broken by moving (like, even slightly), reeling in too fast or too slow, and getting the "nothing is biting" message.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
None for DexNav, as apparently it has a flat shiny chance. Not sure about chain fishing, feels like ages since the last time I did it xD

The former can't be true, since I see people on the internet shiny hunt through DexNav all the time. Unless you mean DexNav chaining starts with an elevated shiny chance