• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
The former can't be true, since I see people on the internet shiny hunt through DexNav all the time. Unless you mean DexNav chaining starts with an elevated shiny chance

It means that DexNav chaining doesn't actually increase the shiny rate per x chains, like the Pokéradar did for example. The odds are always the same but better than regular encounters. Like MMing.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It means that DexNav chaining doesn't actually increase the shiny rate per x chains, like the Pokéradar did for example. The odds are always the same but better than regular encounters. Like MMing.

Ah. What are those chances, by any chance?

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

RedJirachi

Veteran member

AmethystLeslie

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Are QR Code Pokemon capable of SOS?

Ascended Dialga

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Do you mean Island Scan Pokémon? No, they are not.

Unfortunate, I hoped I could SOS me a shiny Johto starter. Do they at least have some chance of being shiny? Just for the slim chance I get lucky?

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Unfortunate, I hoped I could SOS me a shiny Johto starter. Do they at least have some chance of being shiny? Just for the slim chance I get lucky?

It's the same chance as encountering any other shiny. The easiest way to get a shiny starter is to MM for one.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's the same chance as encountering any other shiny. The easiest way to get a shiny starter is to MM for one.

Or cycle through them in HGSS

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Kacho

You are next.
in pre gen 6 games, if a male pokemon with a level up move that's also a tm breeds with ditto, will the baby pokemon knows the tm if it also can learn it level up before evolve?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
3 x 1/8192 vs 1/512? I guess if you like SRing, lol.

I feel that since getting eggs is more time consuming(plus having to dump all those non-shinies) than just cycling.

Shelbynicole24

Help choosing a good move set and complete pokedex

How do I go about choosing the best moves As I am leveling up....is there a guide somewhere with the best move set for every pokemon? Also looking to find the best way to complete the pokedex? Does it matter what order I do things in the game,was wanting to complete main storyline then work on breeding trading and battling, is that whAt most people Are doing? Thanks in advance

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Serebii http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/
Nugget Bridge http://nuggetbridge.com/pokemon/
Smogon http://www.smogon.com/dex/
Pokemon Global Link https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/

Those are some very credible sources to find competitive builds and/or data on how to achieve those builds depending on the battle format you are trying to build for. Note that they have made little or no progess on builds for Gen7 yet because competitive battling is still new for Sun and Moon and there is still much to be figured out and tested. You can easily find discussions about how to best build the new pokemon with a quick google search, however.

As for completing the pokedex, it's usually very difficult to try to complete it before finishing the main story. There are areas and pokemon you cannot access until post-game, and while you could trade for the entire pokedex before you even complete a trial, it's hard to have the resources to breed or catch pokemon that people are willing to trade for. Finish the story before trying to complete your pokedex.

Last edited:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I feel that since getting eggs is more time consuming(plus having to dump all those non-shinies) than just cycling.

Eh, I dunno. I haven't heard of MM hunts that took months to end, on the other hand it's very rare for a SR hunt to end quickly.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Eh, I dunno. I haven't heard of MM hunts that took months to end, on the other hand it's very rare for a SR hunt to end quickly.

Well I already started now, no use crying over spilled milk

Nockturne

Is there any method I can use to work out if a Pokemon is hacked or not?

Because I just got a shiny Silvally over the GTS for a pretty run of the mill Pheromosa and I'm just wondering if its legit or not. I'm not really bothered it just seems like an unfair trade since they'd have had to SR to get a shiny Type: Null (unless they got lucky and got one right a way) right?