• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

gliscor&yanmega

Is there any method I can use to work out if a Pokemon is hacked or not?

Because I just got a shiny Silvally over the GTS for a pretty run of the mill Pheromosa and I'm just wondering if its legit or not. I'm not really bothered it just seems like an unfair trade since they'd have had to SR to get a shiny Type: Null (unless they got lucky and got one right a way) right?

The only way to tell if something is hacked is if something is illegal about it. So if it's not in a ball it can be, has moves/Ability it can't(Or shouldn't currently) have, stats aren't possible, location not possible, level not possible, whatever else I may be missing. The games themselves(For online features) simply check the stuff I mentioned, if anything is not currently possible than I'm pretty sure you get locked out from online features for a certain period of time. But even if a Pokemon is hacked, if it's done in a way that everything about it is legal than the games wont be able to tell.

So if the Type: Null happens to be a Shiny, level 100, perfect IV, EV trained, Pokerus inflicted, good Nature Pokemon, then...it likely is hacked but there is no way the games would be able to tell since nothing about it is impossible in the games.

On the other side, if it's under level 40, in anything other than a Pokeball, and has a met location other than Aether Paradise(Pretty sure it should be this) then it was hacked and the game will know if you use it online.

Nockturne

Thanks for the reply, there doesn't seem to be anything exceptional about it aside from it being shiny and the met location/level/PokeBall all check out so I guess someone just reeeeally wanted that Pheromosa. I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but now I kinda will Silvally had a better shiny form :p

AmethystLeslie

We also have a Hack-Check thread in the Trade Forum, for any future inquiries for any Pokemon you got in a trade you're suspicious about.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How many bags do I need to buy before Nebby stays in one?

Amayzde

Cant login on pokemon global link website (Help!)

Hi guys I wanted to ask if someone knows a solution,

I wanted to do rated battles on battlespot and it said I need to register my game sync at global link. So I made an account on the website.

But when I tried to login on the website nothing happins. Im still at the login screen if I press on the login button. However, when I press on the signup button after that it takes me to my account profile.

So I am logged in only the login screen doesnt change to the menu. And I cant register my game sync now...

I have had this problem on my computer in Chrome and Explorer, On my iPhone, on my friends Android, and on my friends laptop and nothing seems to work...

This is really frustrating because it prevents me from doing rated battles on battlespot.

Has anyone faced this problem and solved it? Please let me know

SonaSong

Poke Pelago EV training?

SO quick question. I want to make sure I train my Gible right. I managed to get a 6IV with Jolly Nature. SO.. Going for attack EV/SPD. to have a banging Garchomp. Good choice? Also once I have done all or most ev training in the Pelago, do I need to be careful about any wild pokemon I fight? Or just level up and be good to go?

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

AmethystLeslie

Hi guys I wanted to ask if someone knows a solution,

I wanted to do rated battles on battlespot and it said I need to register my game sync at global link. So I made an account on the website.

But when I tried to login on the website nothing happins. Im still at the login screen if I press on the login button. However, when I press on the signup button after that it takes me to my account profile.

So I am logged in only the login screen doesnt change to the menu. And I cant register my game sync now...

I have had this problem on my computer in Chrome and Explorer, On my iPhone, on my friends Android, and on my friends laptop and nothing seems to work...

This is really frustrating because it prevents me from doing rated battles on battlespot.

Has anyone faced this problem and solved it? Please let me know

I wish I knew how to solve this. All I know is that this is unfortunately normal, and has been since Global Link began being a thing. Stuff like this was part of the reason why the Global Missions in Gen 7 have been flops so far, becuase people can't log into the website.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Ok, I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to get Pokémon like Raichu and Raticate in their regular form instead of their alonan form in Pokémon Sun?
2. If Incineroar is a dark type then why does it have a belt like a wrestler?
3. I am finishing the game with just Incineroar and don't plan on using any other Pokémon since with a team the game would be too easy, any tips for that?

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Ok, I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to get Pokémon like Raichu and Raticate in their regular form instead of their alonan form in Pokémon Sun?
2. If Incineroar is a dark type then why does it have a belt like a wrestler?
3. I am finishing the game with just Incineroar and don't plan on using any other Pokémon since with a team the game would be too easy, any tips for that?

1. Nope. But if you transfer a regular and make it hold an everstone while breeding, you will get a normal offspring.

2. Because it is a wrestler but plays dirty, hence dark type.

3. I think soloing with a lvl 100 incineroar will be easier.

gliscor&yanmega

Hi, I'm playing Pokémon Sun and I gotta ask something. Is there any way to turn that annoying rotom off? All it does is state the obvious.
No. Not hard to just not look at it though. It's there for comedy(And help, of which can be useful to some).

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
1. Nope. But if you transfer a regular and make it hold an everstone while breeding, you will get a normal offspring.

Everstone only passes on the nature of the parent holding it. The offspring is always the same species as the mother.

BCVM22

No, I don't believe abilities can cross over like that, even if it is an Ability that both parents can hypothetically have. Your Lapras parent would need to have Hydration in order to pass it down.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Gen 6 question; if one parent in the day care holds a destiny bond, and another holds some power item; would they collide and one would overcome the other, or could they work together?