• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Echo Nacyl

Gen 6 question; if one parent in the day care holds a destiny bond, and another holds some power item; would they collide and one would overcome the other, or could they work together?
Think you meant Destiny Knot.
They seemed to work for me. I got 6V Pokes from a 6V with Power Item and a 5V w/D.Knot missing the Powered stat pretty reliably. I suppose I could've just been really, really lucky though.

AmethystLeslie

Gen 6 question; if one parent in the day care holds a destiny bond, and another holds some power item; would they collide and one would overcome the other, or could they work together?

Power Item overrides Destiny Knot.

yaruzu

So I'm EV training my Scyther in Sun,(the stats are based of a Smogon build, and they are 252HP/108ATK/28DEF/126SPD/4SPE) and I ran into a problem. So I have every stat finished except for HP, which from what I've recorded is at 220. The problem is, it won't let me get any more EVs for it. When I check the EVs in the summary, it says that HP is maxed even though it doesn't reach the top (it's sparkling), and it's not that it has overall max EVs either because the bars are still orange and not blue.

gliscor&yanmega

So I'm EV training my Scyther in Sun,(the stats are based of a Smogon build, and they are 252HP/108ATK/28DEF/126SPD/4SPE) and I ran into a problem. So I have every stat finished except for HP, which from what I've recorded is at 220. The problem is, it won't let me get any more EVs for it. When I check the EVs in the summary, it says that HP is maxed even though it doesn't reach the top (it's sparkling), and it's not that it has overall max EVs either because the bars are still orange and not blue.
Assuming the numbers you put in are right, they don't add up right. The total EVs a Pokemon can have is 510, I count 518 with the numbers given.

You also want to use multiples of 4, so Special Defense should be changed.

When a stat has the max EVs it can have(252), it will sparkle, so HP is at its max. The bar wont always show it like that(I assume for cases where the base stat is very low to begin with). The bars are changed blue when the Pokemon has max EVs(510).

Mostly likely you tracked wrong.

BCVM22

Nowhere. "Critical receptions" of a given Pokémon are too nebulous of a concept to exist in any wide, tangible format, and would probably be extremely obnoxious to read at that.

The best you'd be able to do is read the Pokémon of the Week articles here or a similar version at some other resource and learn how Greninja stacks up objectively as an in-game and/or competitive Pokémon.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Has pokebank already been released in Japan? If yes, please give me a source to where you found that, if not then... Well I can only say a lot of people have been hacking quite nicely.

AmethystLeslie

Has pokebank already been released in Japan? If yes, please give me a source to where you found that, if not then... Well I can only say a lot of people have been hacking quite nicely.

Do you mean if Japan got the Pokemon Bank app or the update for Gen 7?

Yes, they have Bank. No, no territory has the update.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Do you mean if Japan got the Pokemon Bank app or the update for Gen 7?

Yes, they have Bank. No, no territory has the update.

So, which means even Japan doesn't have pokebank update yet right? So no Oras/XY -> SuMo?

And Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur can not be obtained legitly yet right?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know what's gonna happen concerning those monster saga ads popping up on YouTube? They've been blatantly ripping off footage and music from various Pokemon games, and nobody at YouTube HQ is really caring right now. I've already seen blatant stealing of the XY mega evolution trailer and the first route of DPPt... what's gonna happen? I don't like people ripping things off, especially when said ripped off thing is actually pretty decent...

BCVM22

There are means of reporting a given ad if it's on the sidebar. I'm not sure there's a means of reporting the full-video autoplay ads.

That said, I don't think whatever "Monster Saga" is has any chance of elbowing in on Pokémon's market, and if they do ever reach a level of prominence like that, Nintendo will send their elite Multipurpose Assault Recon Insurgency Operatives squad to hand them a very tidy cease and desist...

...or worse.

AmethystLeslie

Multipurpose Assault Recon Insurgency Operatives

Now that's what I call fun with acronyms!

*clears throat* Sorry, carry on.

Akashin

I'm guessing that, even with the PokeBank update, the Mega Stones we can get are still limited to the ones we can already get in game?

You guess correctly. Items can't be sent through Bank, and there was no update to the games themselves to include the missing Mega Stones.

Barring the odd possible event, we'll probably have to wait until the next game(s).

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
You guess correctly. Items can't be sent through Bank, and there was no update to the games themselves to include the missing Mega Stones.

Barring the odd possible event, we'll probably have to wait until the next game(s).

I didn't expect them to be made available but I'm still extremely disappointed. My doubles team just doesn't work without its Mega which really sucks because I put a lot of time and effort into it. Hopefully GF give us some way to get them ourselves, I don't see them releasing all the stones in events.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Do Rare Fishing spots stay in one...well, spot or not?

AmethystLeslie

They go away if you get run too close, or surf over it.

They'll respawn if you leave the area and come back.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They go away if you get run too close, or surf over it.

They'll respawn if you leave the area and come back.

So they're like Pokeradar at least in that respect?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Do the extreme weather of the ORAS legendaries boost further the power of their compatible types in comparison to Rain Dance and Sunny Day or not?