• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When does it rain in Tapu Village? I ask to have an easier time at getting a Castform

AmethystLeslie

More randomly than Route 17, where it rains constantly.

Pyrogeddon

Can an Alolan Sandslash with it's hidden ability and that's been traded over to Pokemon Sun, breed and pass on it's hidden ability? I've been trying for weeks with an Alolan Sandslash that my friend sent over and everytime the new Sandshrews all have Snow Cloak. I've tried with items, without items, only with a Ditto, and nothing seems to be working.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Can an Alolan Sandslash with it's hidden ability and that's been traded over to Pokemon Sun, breed and pass on it's hidden ability? I've been trying for weeks with an Alolan Sandslash that my friend sent over and everytime the new Sandshrews all have Snow Cloak. I've tried with items, without items, only with a Ditto, and nothing seems to be working.
Seems like you are having a bad case of bad luck (since you mentioned breeding said Sandslash with a Ditto). Hidden Abilities can be pass down by breeding no matter what version you are playing. However, male HA Pokémon cannot potentially pass their ability down if they are bred with a female of the same evolution line that has its regular ability.

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I have a question, in a double battle if both of the opponent's Pokémon have the ability pressure does that mean that my Pokémon will use 4 PPs at once instead of 1 as usual?

Pyrogeddon

Seems like you are having a bad case of bad luck (since you mentioned breeding said Sandslash with a Ditto). Hidden Abilities can be pass down by breeding no matter what version you are playing. However, male HA Pokémon cannot potentially pass their ability down if they are bred with a female of the same evolution line that has its regular ability.
The Sandslash that my friend sent over is female, and since the original post I've tried breeding it with another Sandslash to see if it changed anything, with no success. I've gone through at least 6 batches of 5 eggs with the Ditto with the Sandslash and every one of them had Snow Cloak.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Gen 6 question; would lightningrod's effect still protect an ally in double battle if the poke that has the ability is a ground type?

AmethystLeslie

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Now that HMs are no longer around, does that mean it's impossible to get a Pokémon to learn moves like surf or fly without breeding or by using a Pokémon from a past generation game?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Now that HMs are no longer around, does that mean it's impossible to get a Pokémon to learn moves like surf or fly without breeding or by using a Pokémon from a past generation game?

Surf, Fly and Waterfall all became TMs (numbered 94, 76 and 98 respectively). All the other previous HM moves can only be obtained through transfer or if a Pokemon can learn it via level up or egg move.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Addendum to previous question: I am trying to get Castform and Vanillish. With Castform I don't want to be bored to death by 1% encounters in hordes, which is why I don't set up shop in Route 17. I want to know if there's any pattern to when it rains in Tapu Village and/or Mt Lanakilia naturally. I also want to know when it is hailing in Mt Lanakilia and Tapu Village for dat ice cream

gliscor&yanmega

Addendum to previous question: I am trying to get Castform and Vanillish. With Castform I don't want to be bored to death by 1% encounters in hordes, which is why I don't set up shop in Route 17. I want to know if there's any pattern to when it rains in Tapu Village and/or Mt Lanakilia naturally. I also want to know when it is hailing in Mt Lanakilia and Tapu Village for dat ice cream
There is no pattern. Either the chance for weather changes everytime you go into the area(Doubt it)or happens hourly. It's easier to just make it Rain/Hail, which causes Weather SOS to happen.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There is no pattern. Either the chance for weather changes everytime you go into the area(Doubt it)or happens hourly. It's easier to just make it Rain/Hail, which causes Weather SOS to happen.

Well that's a pain, since invoked weather conditions last only five turns

gliscor&yanmega

Well that's a pain, since invoked weather conditions last only five turns
Weather Rocks increases it to 8. More over you can simply use the move over again, it's not a pain at all over hoping the right weather happens.

AmethystLeslie

Weather Rocks increases it to 8. More over you can simply use the move over again, it's not a pain at all over hoping the right weather happens.

Also, the moves themselves are 5 PP, which can be raised to 8 PP, and if you ever run out, restore with a Leppa Berry, which you would have to grow plenty of if you're in for the long haul. You can never have too many berries.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Whenever I trade-evolve a VC mon into a 2nd generation Pokemon, the Pokemon that I get back (Politoed and Scizor) are labelled as eggs.
More specifically, they appear with the phrase "Offering Egg to Trade".

Does anybody know what this is, and presumably, why this glitch appears?

I have done trade backs, and they are labelled properly after that.

AmethystLeslie

Whenever I trade-evolve a VC mon into a 2nd generation Pokemon, the Pokemon that I get back (Politoed and Scizor) are labelled as eggs.
More specifically, they appear with the phrase "Offering Egg to Trade".

Does anybody know what this is, and presumably, why this glitch appears?

I have done trade backs, and they are labelled properly after that.

This is related to a glitch that makes Gen 1 mons evolving to their respective Gen 2 or 4 evolutions be counted as illegal. Something about the fact the game thinks nothing but gen 1 pokemon should have that Game Boy picture in their summary.