• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This is related to a glitch that makes Gen 1 mons evolving to their respective Gen 2 or 4 evolutions be counted as illegal. Something about the fact the game thinks nothing but gen 1 pokemon should have that Game Boy picture in their summary.
Would any further glitches happen? Does anything bad happen if you keep these Pokemon?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How do I do the Magearna event, and find the QR code for the mecha waifu?

AmethystLeslie

Pull up the QR Scanner, and focus on the code itself. scan it like any other QR code for Island Scan, and when it does, the event is activated. Then you have have to go to the mall in Hau'oli City, and go to the booth in the the 2nd floor to the right, and there's a man in an orange and blue shirt. Talk to him, get your Magearna.

Code is here (depends on region): http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...nt_Pokémon_in_Generation_VII#QR_Code_Magearna

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I looked up the info about the move flame burst according to the 6th gen games and saw that it has fixed damage
Would it still activate a weakness policy item on compatible pokemon?

gliscor&yanmega

I looked up the info about the move flame burst according to the 6th gen games and saw that it has fixed damage
Would it still activate a weakness policy item on compatible pokemon?
Flame Burst itself is not fixed damage, only the effect of causing damage to allies is fixed at 1/16 their HP.

So Flame Burst itself will activate Weakness Policy, but the effect of Flame Burst wont.

gliscor&yanmega

So it will activate it only on the opponet's side?
Anything that is selected as the target for Flame Burst(And is weak to Fire), will have Weakness Policy activate once hit.

The effect of Flame Burst causes the target Pokemon's allies to be hit with fixed typeless damage and wont activate Weakness Policy.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Can the National Pokedex be gotten in Sun and Moon?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
With Masuda Method, does the parent from another country have to be a set gender or not?

sinnohvation

Hi everyone! Here's a different kind of question for you all:

New players these days learn about the specifics of video game Pokemon battling (stats, IVs, EVs, natures, abilities, etc.) mostly through online resources that come from third parties (like Serebii) rather than the official Pokemon Company itself. Where were the mechanics of Pokemon battling first published by the official Pokemon Company/Nintendo? Where can people nowadays access any of these original guides?

What I'm trying to ask is: what was the first officially published guide/instruction manual that told Pokemon video game players "this is what the stats of your Pokemon represent, this is how you improve your stats, this is what each nature means, etc."?

AmethystLeslie

Hi everyone! Here's a different kind of question for you all:

New players these days learn about the specifics of video game Pokemon battling (stats, IVs, EVs, natures, abilities, etc.) mostly through online resources that come from third parties (like Serebii) rather than the official Pokemon Company itself. Where were the mechanics of Pokemon battling first published by the official Pokemon Company/Nintendo? Where can people nowadays access any of these original guides?

What I'm trying to ask is: what was the first officially published guide/instruction manual that told Pokemon video game players "this is what the stats of your Pokemon represent, this is how you improve your stats, this is what each nature means, etc."?

I'm sure official guides and manuals as far back as Red and Green (and for natures/abilities, Ruby and Sapphire, when they were first introduced) would say something about, "Here's what the stats mean". EVs would be mentioned under the term "Base Stats", and IVs would be mentioned as "Potential", and probably rarely mentioned outside of explanations for items that raise EVs or something, mainly due to the fact that not every player has to know this information to enjoy the games.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Are there ever competitions that are ONLY for legendaries? Mostly you see that legendaries are banned, understandably so, but do they do the opposite and ban every pokemon that arent legendaries ever? That'd be neat... and if so it leads me to wonder what the best legendary team would be :eek: or the top contenders anyways..

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
In 6th gen games, does the first ev berry reducing a stat from 100+ evs would decrease it in 10 points or in 100 like it was in gen 4?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

AmethystLeslie

Are there ever competitions that are ONLY for legendaries? Mostly you see that legendaries are banned, understandably so, but do they do the opposite and ban every pokemon that arent legendaries ever? That'd be neat... and if so it leads me to wonder what the best legendary team would be :eek: or the top contenders anyways..

The Battle of Legends from XY allowed every legendary and mythical except for Diancie.
Circle of Legends from ORAS allowed legendaries as well.

I think that's it so far, but it happens.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
For the Shiny Charm in Sun and Moon, how full does the Alola Dex need to be to count as "complete". The initial 292 out of 292? All 300 that includes Ultra Beasts and Necrozma? Can I do 300 if one missing is an Ultra Beast?

BCVM22

"Complete" is every Pokémon in the Alola Dex save for the event Pokémon. Missing an Ultra Beast is not "complete."