• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

gliscor&yanmega

Why can't wifi double battles on 6th gen be conducted with more than 4 mons?
That's how all Double Battles are done for online and facilities, it's been like that since they were introduced I believe. They just decided it would be like that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How do I make sure that wild Pokemon in the Poke Pelago will ultimately accept me? I say this because I fear I might get and lose a shiny there. Speaking of shinies, what are the odds for Masuda Method in Gen VII? Just wondering

AmethystLeslie

How do I make sure that wild Pokemon in the Poke Pelago will ultimately accept me? I say this because I fear I might get and lose a shiny there. Speaking of shinies, what are the odds for Masuda Method in Gen VII? Just wondering

To answer your 2nd question, cuz that's the one i feel more comfortable answering, it's 1/512 with Shiny Charm, and 1/1024 without.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
So I noticed the Shiny Charm specifically mentions that it increases the chances of finding shiny pokemon "In the wild".

This is the first time I've had the thing, so is it just a flat increase to all chances of finding shinies, or does it follow the description and only if the pokemon was spawned in the wild?
How do I make sure that wild Pokemon in the Poke Pelago will ultimately accept me? I say this because I fear I might get and lose a shiny there

It's completely random. I've had times where I would check up on the pokemon x20 times in the 24 hour period, and they would leave anyways, but I would completely ignore them beyond the initial check-up and they would have the little heart above their head a day later. And you can't deny them entry into your party is the worst part! Either accept them or let them take up a Wild Poke slot in Isle Aplenny (or is it Isle Abeans?) until you finally do accept them and release them soon after like the horrible person you are you monster.

AmethystLeslie

So I noticed the Shiny Charm specifically mentions that it increases the chances of finding shiny pokemon "In the wild".

This is the first time I've had the thing, so is it just a flat increase to all chances of finding shinies, or does it follow the description and only if the pokemon was spawned in the wild?

It flat out increases shiny rate, from 1/4096 to 1/1024. Finding shinies via breeding with the Shiny Charm is a very popular way to shiny hunt, since with the Masuda Method (1 parent foreign, 1 parent your game's language) the rate becomes becomes 1/512.

Since the item's introduction in B2W2, the only thing the Shiny Charm does not affect is the Friend Safari in XY, which is a flat 1/512.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Quick question on the upcoming egg distribution: any reason on why chose those six PoKémon for it?

AmethystLeslie

Quick question on the upcoming egg distribution: any reason on why chose those six PoKémon for it?

Because they said so. I know some of these can be hard to find ingame, but still, they just said so.

Edit: Alright, i looked up some things to see just how difficult these pokemon can be found.

Passimian and Oranguru are available in Sun and Moon respectively, and have a 5% encounter rate in Lush Jungle. Additionally, they cannot call their same species via SOS, so their Hidden Abilities are unobtainable for now.

Turtonator and Drampa as version exclusives as well, with a 10% encounter rate in Blush Mountain in Sun and Mount Lanakila's caves in Moon respectively.

Mareanie and Goomy (the latter seems the most strange at face value, since it's the only non-Gen 7 mon on the list) can be called via SOS battle only, and are very rare encounters. Mareanie can be called by Corsola, which in itself is a 5% fishing encounter. Goomy can be called when it's raining, and as 10% encounter rate.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

The reason was noted in the same piece of news on serebii. It's to tie into the new merch.

AmethystLeslie

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How many cells and cores do outsider Zygarde give you? I would assume 50 total, but how many cores do you get?

Meowth City

Staff member
I have the event Mew on my Pokémon Yellow VC. It is UT and has 135 EXP Points, does this mean it will be Timid nature when transferred to Pokémon Bank?

AmethystLeslie

I have the event Mew on my Pokémon Yellow VC. It is UT and has 135 EXP Points, does this mean it will be Timid nature when transferred to Pokémon Bank?

Are you looking at the Exp it actually has, or the Exp needed to the next level? You want the former.

If it actually does have 135 Exp, then it would be Timid when transferred.

urrutiap

Pokemon Sun and Moon. Something doesn't make sense in the games. Spoilers

In the Aether Conservation building, wicke and the other guy they claim the pokeballs are shut off but when the Ultra beast thing attacks, you're pokeballs work just fine.

So what's up with that?

gliscor&yanmega

I don't really remember the lines perfectly, but I found this quote:

"Ultra Beasts are life-forms from another world. If you try to throw a regular Poké Ball at one, the ball will have a difficult time recognizing the creature as a Pokémon, and so the capturing function will be significantly impaired. But these special balls should allow you to capture beasts quite normally. They could be considered the foundation's negative assets, but I hope they will help you."

Not sure if there is anything else on the matter, but all this means is Poke Balls aren't going to work as well as Beast Balls. I've also seen people mention the Ball catch rate for everything is X1 except for Beast Ball(And I guess Master Ball?), but not sure if that is true or not.

Also, one of these threads would have been better to post in:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?649215-Pok%E9mon-Sun-and-Moon-General-Discussion-Thread
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?653444-Ultra-Beasts-Discussion-Thread

urrutiap

No.... that's not what I'm asking about.

Why is the use of pokeballs deactivated while inside the Aether Conservation building but your pokeballs seem to work.

Why is that?

Plot hole or whatever

gliscor&yanmega

No.... that's not what I'm asking about.

Why is the use of pokeballs deactivated while inside the Aether Conservation building but your pokeballs seem to work.

Why is that?

Plot hole or whatever

Oh. You can't catch anything there anyways so not sure what makes you think they still work, unless you are referring to trainer battles. There is a jamming signal to prevent Pokemon being captured, but in terms of battles with trainers it doesn't occur. It's not a plot hole really, it could simply be a case that it just prevents Pokeballs being used for capture purpose.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So, quick question: I took part on the recent tournament. Since it's over already, can I take the team I was using out of the PC boxes? I ask because I'm afraid to disqualify for the prize and I'm not sure if taking them out of the box can screw things up despite the competition being over already.

Nanu

Sadman
Made an account just to ask this stupid question.
Has anyone on here gotten their Destiny Knot through Pickup in SUMO? If so, what level were your Pickup slaves at and where were you when you got it? The location probably doesn't matter, but I just want to make myself feel like I have a chance. Please let this end.

AmethystLeslie

So, quick question: I took part on the recent tournament. Since it's over already, can I take the team I was using out of the PC boxes? I ask because I'm afraid to disqualify for the prize and I'm not sure if taking them out of the box can screw things up despite the competition being over already.

You should be fine, don't worry.

Made an account just to ask this stupid question.
Has anyone on here gotten their Destiny Knot through Pickup in SUMO? If so, what level were your Pickup slaves at and where were you when you got it? The location probably doesn't matter, but I just want to make myself feel like I have a chance. Please let this end.

My team of Meowth and Lillipup was in the 30s and was the only Knot i ever picked up.

You can also check out the Gen 7 trade forum here and ask for a Destiny Knot in the item trade thread, if you're interested.