• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ok so I bought Emerald again and for the first time ever Im trying to nerd out and get good natures and EV training and all that stuff for the Battle Frontier. At first my Treeco had a Bold nature which decreases attack so I actually restarted until I got something to lower Sp. Attack instead. So I ended up getting Impish, which is supposed to raise Defense and lower Sp. Attack.

My question is at what level does that actually start taking effect. My Grovyle is currently at Lv. 17 and the stats are as follows:

Attack 28
Defense 25
Sp. Attack 34
Sp. Defense 31
Speed 39

as you can see this nature is doing the exact opposite since the stat its supposed to raise is the lowest of all of them. Does it just take a long time to actually start working? Or is it just broken?

It takes effect for level 1, 2, 3 and all the way up to 100.

The thing is, it's so much more than nature. Base Stats are fundamental to overall stats. Grovyle's base stats for HP / Atk / Def / SpA/ SpD / Spe are 50/65/45/85/65/95.

So you can see, despite Impish improving defence, it's still the lowest stat because it's base Defence stat is the lowest.

Although not related, IVs and EVs are also crucial to overall stats. They explain why your Grovyle's SpD is 3 points higher than Attack when they should be equal.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How if at all does Pokemon Refresh affect happiness?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I have an important question, and I want as detailed answer as possible.

What important changes to the meta-game should I keep in mind? And I don't mean new abilities, moves, Pokémon, etc. I mean changes to movies, abilities, Pokémon etc. that already exist. What are the most important changes on these to keep in mind?

Every generation a changes is made to a Pokémon. And I don't mean the alolan Pokémon either.

AmethystLeslie

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is there any confirmed info regarding a remake version of one of the older gen games that will be out after s/m?

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is there any confirmed info regarding a remake version of one of the older gen games that will be out after s/m?

No, as of now there are no games at all, let alone remakes, announced beyond Sun and Moon. If there was, you would know.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Has anyone discovered the probabilities of which Pokemon appear asides from night/day exclusives on the Poke Finder?

Collide

I need someone to hold 8 pokemon for me so i can trade my game for pokemon moon

Im wanting a trusting person for this, i dont want my pokemon gone.

Please help.

AmethystLeslie

I need someone to hold 8 pokemon for me so i can trade my game for pokemon moon

Im wanting a trusting person for this, i dont want my pokemon gone.

Please help.

We have a trading forum, this thread is just for asking questions to get actual answers.

Nanu

Sadman
I was going to do a ranked battle spot just for the hell of it however ran into a problem.
My shiny crobat (caught it in Emerald) could not participate and I can't figure out why. I could use a different pokemon if need be but I've had it for years and just want to use it. I did not use a game shark to get it. Anyone have any ideas? Bellow are his details...
Lvl 100
Lonely nature
Inner Focus
Poisoning Z
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Sludge Bomb
U-turn

332 HP
265 Atk
197 Def
321 Speed
210 sp def
194 sp Atk
Hyper trained

I heard that Pokemon transferred from anything before XY are banned because they don't want the possibility of mons with special event moves or tutor moves from those games getting into the battle spot meta. It's there to make it fair for everyone apparently. This is what I've heard at least--I could be wrong. I can't see anything else wrong with your Crobat otherwise. Maybe it's just too cool.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If a Cubone's parents are alive, why does it still have a skull? And how does it have a skull?

Cubone was created before breeding existed. Just like Kangaskhan, their are obvious issues that pop up when you breed it that the designers never thought would be a problem when they first created the Pokemon. In cases like this we simply have to admit that what we see in the games is not a perfect reflection of how the actual Pokemon world would work, as gameplay limitations have to be taken into account.