• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Kein

AKA Silktree
Heights are rarely confirmed, but it just so happens that we do know from concept art that Archie is 1.75m. The other characters don't have that information, and Matt's concept art hasn't even been released.

Bulbapedia is your friend. The trivia usually contains all the obscure information.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Quick question for anyone:

Does anyone know a good "What Pokemon type are you?" personality quiz? My friends and I want to do a monotype run but the tests I've come across are subpar...

MewDragon

Zangoose is a cool pokemon. I might go with something like Tyranitar, just because of the strength and it's supposed to be the ruler of the land.

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY

I don't even... ^_^
Where can I find the original HQ art from Ken Sugimori, Yusuke Ohmura, etc.?

I've been looking on google for months, but I cannot find all of the artwork in decent quality. Like in the "full resolution" that it was originally drawn in. Where do Serebii and Bulbapedia get their artwork from? Is it a Japanese website? Because I cannot find it in American websites. The highest quality I have been able to find of the trainers and such is around 6000 x 2000 kind of size. But only one or two, and I hear their are versions of the images in a size and quality that is double that...? I know it must exist, because the illustrations were probably vectorized for use in different places, so why can't I find anything?

I am mostly just looking for HGSS, Black and White 1/2, XY, ORAS, and Sun and Moon. Also, really, I would just like the main characters/trainers/rivals/gym leaders/elite 4/champions. Basically the humans. I have the Pokémon (mostly), so these are the main priority.

Can someone help me with this, or point me in the right direction? I have been having a terrible time trying to find this artwork in perfect quality. It is all so beautiful that I want to be able to look at it in the highest possible quality.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me with this! ^_^

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY

I don't even... ^_^
This is the exact color codes for Raichu's cheeks. I posted this in case this is what you were actually asking. I took the sample directly from Ken Sugimori's artwork of Raichu. The latest one of normal Raichu. ^_^

Hexadecimal :
FFE882

RGB Decimal :
255, 232, 130

HSL :
49°, 100%, 75%

HSV :
49°, 49%, 100%

CMYK :
0%, 9%, 49%, 0%

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY

I don't even... ^_^
I shrunk the picture in my signature! :)

That cannot be true though. What defines publicly? I know some places have higher quality art then bulbapedia. Like pidgiwiki. They have higher quality, but they say it is not the highest either. Some users on this forum from a long time ago said they had ridiculously large images. If we have the pictures at all, someone must get them from somewhere, right? I know they are not visually available on the internet, but if I can contact someone who has the pictures, maybe they can send them to me? :)

BCVM22

Publicly. Available to us, the public. They are not, in the most part, in the habit of releasing the highest resolution, highest quality art assets to us, the public, and saying "here you go, use these in your fan arts and your photo shops and whatever the devil you kids do these days." They don't make available to us a folder of highest quality vector images.

Bulbapedia's extensive archives are the result of people scouring the Internet for years for higher quality art and often having to painstakingly erase backgrounds from the original version, when the art is published via a medium like a magazine spread or on a website banner. Their archives aren't necessarily exhaustive, but if you don't see something in their archives, you're going to have a devil of a time finding it somewhere else.

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY

I don't even... ^_^
No, that is still not entirely true. I am saying that bulbapedia is not the highest quality there is. I have found better. Bulbapedia has an upload limit, which requires you to shrink down the pictures. They have higher resolution then that. I could show you higher resolution images then they have on bulbapedia if you don't believe me.

I have read (through old serebii topics about Ken's art) that there were users who had ridiculously large images of the characters that I am looking for. The old links are broken though, and they said they couldn't upload some of them, because they were just that big. They also used words like "released." As if they were getting them from someone who was maybe scanning the images or something.

I could link to the old topic, too, if you want? :)

Does anybody else know anything about this?

Zyst

Remind me of the gender ratio explanation again please

So for years I thought starters (and other gift Pokemon) were 87.5% chance to be male and 12.5% chance to be female - 7:1 ratio. (Otherwise seen as 7/8 male, 1/8 female.)

However, looking at a Gen VII pokedex on serebii like Bulbasaur, it says 88.1% male and 11.9% female - slightly different. (Though the Gen III Bulbasaur dex says 87.5% and 11.5% respectively.)

I swore that I watched some Pokemon trivia video that explained this discrepancy on YouTube, but I'm not able to find it. Nor can I find an explanation on serebii or bulbapedia (bulbapedia still says starters have a 7:1 male:female ratio).

Can someone reteach me the difference?

AmethystLeslie

So for years I thought starters (and other gift Pokemon) were 87.5% chance to be male and 12.5% chance to be female - 7:1 ratio. (Otherwise seen as 7/8 male, 1/8 female.)

However, looking at a Gen VII pokedex on serebii like Bulbasaur, it says 88.1% male and 11.9% female - slightly different. (Though the Gen III Bulbasaur dex says 87.5% and 11.5% respectively.)

I swore that I watched some Pokemon trivia video that explained this discrepancy on YouTube, but I'm not able to find it. Nor can I find an explanation on serebii or bulbapedia (bulbapedia still says starters have a 7:1 male:female ratio).

Can someone reteach me the difference?

Starters are always 87.5 to 12.5, that is correct. Not sure why Bulbasaur's gender ratio is different on its Gen 7 page, I'm not sure if it's an error or something. There is a thread around here where you can reply with an error on the website, so maybe you can ask there if this is an error.

Edit: Something tells me this is not an error, i checked every starter, they have this new Gender ratio now? And it applies to anything with a 7:1 ratio before?

Now I'm curious. What's going on here?

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i have pkmn X, OR and sun among the more recent generations. i do have gen 1,2,4.5 games too but id like to know what i need to do with berry planting in ORAS.

ive done most of my berry growing in X and had to tend the plants on a regular basis. im playing OR in an Italian playthru (from long ago) do i need to water the plants/weed them and where can i get the fertilizers from ORAS? since it didnt give me an option for watering the plants yet, im not sure if it will let me do so later on. i never bothered planting berries in ORAS as they had several loamy areas spread out on the map. im looking for stable mulch, gooey mulch etc, i got the 4 from X already but not sure where the others are.

BTW how do i get to the small water patch directly east and blocked by a ledge sitting to the left of the berry masters house? i like to collect the various items and explore all the areas and that place has been bugging me for a while.

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

ive done most of my berry growing in X and had to tend the plants on a regular basis. im playing OR in an Italian playthru (from long ago) do i need to water the plants/weed them and where can i get the fertilizers from ORAS? since it didnt give me an option for watering the plants yet, im not sure if it will let me do so later on. i never bothered planting berries in ORAS as they had several loamy areas spread out on the map. im looking for stable mulch, gooey mulch etc, i got the 4 from X already but not sure where the others are.

Fertilizers are not used in Hoenn. Even the ORAS descriptions for the mulches say they can't be used. Also, from my experience, watering plants gave a few more berries than if you didn't water them.

BTW how do i get to the small water patch directly east and blocked by a ledge sitting to the left of the berry masters house? i like to collect the various items and explore all the areas and that place has been bugging me for a while.

https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/4d/Hoenn_Route_110_ORAS.png Maybe this picture would help?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Fertilizers are not used in Hoenn. Even the ORAS descriptions for the mulches say they can't be used. Also, from my experience, watering plants gave a few more berries than if you didn't water them.

https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/4d/Hoenn_Route_110_ORAS.png Maybe this picture would help?

thanks for the reply, though id still want to know how to get the other fertilizers even if they cant be used. i dont even know if i can get gooey/stable etc mulch in gen6. will i still need to battle any pesky burmy or pull weeds from the trees?

as for the route thats bugging me, its route 123. more specifically flying there to tend the 12 loamy soil patches. when you exit the main berry field and head as far east as possible. after passing the fairy girl, you'll come across an area with small ledges you can jump if you were able get around the berry garden from the north and down the eastern most edges. i can see a trainer and a item on the ground but you can only access this location from a northern entry and jump down onto route 123 where you can see the berry house.

here's the pic of the route, im refering to the area with the red arrow.
060route123.jpg

Edit: looks like i totally missed route 122.

Last edited: