• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
More of a guide, but say I want to teach my Smeargle one of my partner's moves via Sketch. Where are good places for double battles where the partner can use the move, and Smeragle can copy it down?

AmethystLeslie

More of a guide, but say I want to teach my Smeargle one of my partner's moves via Sketch. Where are good places for double battles where the partner can use the move, and Smeragle can copy it down?

In Sun and Moon, none, unless you fight a double battle with a pair of trainers you never fought before. Otherwise, you can't get into a double battle in a way that isn't the Tree or online.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
In Gen 6, no.

In Sun and Moon, Pokémon Amie has been replaced by Pokémon Refresh, which is more or less the exactly the same. And No, you must use Refresh in Sun and Moon to get Sylveon.

TA
And which game should I play if I want to raise its affection?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I like playing the yarn ball minigame. It's about the easiest way if you have any semblance of a sense of rhythm.

Now for my question: Has it ever been stated anywhere that Hoopa can pull things from parallel dimensions with its rings? Or is it just limited to the dimension it lives in?

AmethystLeslie

Now for my question: Has it ever been stated anywhere that Hoopa can pull things from parallel dimensions with its rings? Or is it just limited to the dimension it lives in?

As far as Dex entries go, its X entry is the closest thing to a "yes" i can find.

This troublemaker sends anything and everything to faraway places using its loop, which can warp space.

Arceusgamer14

Can I soft reset in the VC Version of Gold and Silver if I ever decide to go shiny hunting on Pokémon like Ho-Oh and Lugia?

And what did the main site of Serebii.net meant on “Don’t look up on the Sun/Moon section to avoid spoilers” on the Poken Tournament DX day 1 coverage update?

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

Can I soft reset in the VC Version of Gold and Silver if I ever decide to go shiny hunting on Pokémon like Ho-Oh and Lugia?

And what did the main site of Serebii.net meant on “Don’t look up on the Sun/Moon section to avoid spoilers” on the Poken Tournament DX day 1 coverage update?

1- Yeah, it's like every pokemon game, people even did it when shiny hunting in RBY (well, SRing for certain stats that makes them shiny).
2- Typo.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Does Mystery Gift work with the VC releases of Gold and Silver?

AmethystLeslie

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
No, there is no Mystery Gift function in Gold and Silver.
There is a Mystery Gift function in G/S, but it works differently than in future games.

In the original games, Mystery Gift worked via Infrared technology to deliver a present to both games.

SebastiaanZ

If I train a Pokemon to lvl 100 on a Pokemon Red virtual console using the rare candy method gotten through MissingNo, can I safely transport it through the Bank to Sun and/or Moon?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Do you just have to turn on your copy of Gold & Silver to get the Celebi code & the special eShop theme? I haven't had the chance to play the game yet but I wanted to know how to especially get these things since it was never really that clear

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
When hatching eggs in G/S are the stats, shiny nature etc decided when you pick the egg up from the old man, or when he spawns? I am hatching for a shiny and its taking a while for the old man to appear, so I am wondering if saving in front of him and the SR'ing if its not a shiny will be best...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Some questions on the Celebi event. So if I purchase the GS games on the Virtual Console, does the Serial Code mean I only obtain one Celebi per period or can I have one per Gen 7 game?

Nockturne

Do you just have to turn on your copy of Gold & Silver to get the Celebi code & the special eShop theme? I haven't had the chance to play the game yet but I wanted to know how to especially get these things since it was never really that clear

For me the codes were on the eShop receipt that came with the games. To find that you need to go into the eShop, scroll left to Settings/Other open that and go into account activity and from there you should be able to view the receipt. And the codes should be right at the bottom. Some people said they had them emailed to them if they had there Nintendo account linked to a Switch so maybe check that if that is relevant to you.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
For me the codes were on the eShop receipt that came with the games. To find that you need to go into the eShop, scroll left to Settings/Other open that and go into account activity and from there you should be able to view the receipt. And the codes should be right at the bottom. Some people said they had them emailed to them if they had there Nintendo account linked to a Switch so maybe check that if that is relevant to you.

Thanks for that. I'm probably going to put off it until I get my USUM, so I can play Celebi in my main team. Just because I don't get that opportunity that often, and sometimes I want to play with OP things. That's why I used Zygarde

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Some questions on the Celebi event. So if I purchase the GS games on the Virtual Console, does the Serial Code mean I only obtain one Celebi per period or can I have one per Gen 7 game?

You buy Gold, you get a Celebi code that can only be used in one Generation VII game. You buy Silver, you get a second Celebi code that may be used in a second Generation VII game. (Or, of course, vice versa.) You cannot use both in the same game save file. I believe if you buy the foreign language versions of Gold & Silver you can get additional codes if you really want them, but each purchase will only get you one code.