• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Thanks.
How long did it take you to solve the shady house thing with the passwords? I dunno what to do about it. No spoilers please

RedJirachi

Veteran member
With grass, is you encountering a Pokemon per tile truly random chance or is there is some method behind it? Is the chance that I will encounter a Pokemon next step no different than 5, 10 or even 100 steps?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
With grass, is you encountering a Pokemon per tile truly random chance or is there is some method behind it? Is the chance that I will encounter a Pokemon next step no different than 5, 10 or even 100 steps?

The chance you'll encounter a Pokémon in tall grass is definitely a random process not some one encounter per x steps type of encounter. I've encountered wild Pokémon by simply changing direction by one press on the D-pad and I even had encounters one step right after another encounter.

AmethystLeslie

Why isn't it possible to change pokes in the agency after a loss?

It is, but you need a Switcharoo facility to change the Pokemon offered, or you can get new teammates to join you instead (in this method, you can't change your own Pokemon, but changing up the team can be a good thing).

shadowF

I was wondering why cant we use Pokemon from previous generations for competitive battling? Like Pokemon I bred in Pokemon X and I cannot use them for online battling for Pokemon Sun? Why is that?

AmethystLeslie

I was wondering why cant we use Pokemon from previous generations for competitive battling? Like Pokemon I bred in Pokemon X and I cannot use them for online battling for Pokemon Sun? Why is that?

You can do Battle Spot and Link Battle just fine with older Pokes. It's the ranked/tournament stuff that's not gonna let you. As for the reason, maybe they don't want you using certain moves or something that would give an unfair advantage like if you used something from an event back in an older gen.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
You can do Battle Spot and Link Battle just fine with older Pokes. It's the ranked/tournament stuff that's not gonna let you. As for the reason, maybe they don't want you using certain moves or something that would give an unfair advantage like if you used something from an event back in an older gen.

This.

Wish Chansey, Refresh Mega Mence just to name a few.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How do you get Morimoto to comment on Virtual Console Pokemon?

I bring my Silver Politoed up to him, and he just talks about my island challenge. Do I have to beat the league first or something?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How do you get Morimoto to comment on Virtual Console Pokemon?

I bring my Silver Politoed up to him, and he just talks about my island challenge. Do I have to beat the league first or something?

Try using some of your VC RBY Pokémon and he should say something interesting about them or what he did at Game Freak back in the day.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Doesn't work with Yellow Cubone.

Why not try a Diglett or an Exeggutor? Somehow I believe this is limited to a couple of Pokémon which I believe are all Gen 1 because Gen 2 VC wasn't released when Sun and Moon came out. Pretty sure it also works with Mew and Tauros too.

EDIT: Seems that some Gen 2 Pokémon, like Shuckle and Piloswine work too, due to some changes in USUM.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Could the pokemon center PC be accessed from the Plaza anyhow?

It is only accessible for all types of trades, whether it's Wonder Trade, Link Trade or GTS. However Wonder Trade is recommended because there is no loading lag (GTS checks if your deposited Pokémon has been traded) and therefore it is the fastest way to access the PC but you'll have to be connected to the Internet.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
It is only accessible for all types of trades, whether it's Wonder Trade, Link Trade or GTS. However Wonder Trade is recommended because there is no loading lag (GTS checks if your deposited Pokémon has been traded) and therefore it is the fastest way to access the PC but you'll have to be connected to the Internet.

Sorry. I meant if it's accessible through there with an option to manage items in the there..

AmethystLeslie

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When I am using the Pokeradar in DP, what are the chances of the shaking grass having a National Dex Pokemon?

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Sorry to be a bother! I've been doing SR's for Treecko on my dry Sapphire, I'm up to 3300 SR's. I know it being dry affects the rng so I've been doing 50 sr's then starting a new file. I watched a youtube video that said I should reset at five different speeds each ten sr's. However I would prefer to just do them normally as it makes it quicker for me. Does it matter how fast or slow I do the SR's? I'm worried about hitting the same frames on each file and never getting my shiny. Each time the Poochyena changes gender, and the Treecko changes nature and gender, though sometimes I see the same nature in the 50 sr's. Would anyone know if the speed matters when I SR on a dry battery game?