• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
GS Ball Celebi can be soft resetted for a shiny one as there were no shiny locks in Crystal.

The Fast Ball will revert to an ordinary Poké Ball if the Pokémon is in one and is traded but if it is holding one, then it cannot be traded.

So developer's hindsight? Because things like the Heavy Ball would be pretty useful in Sinnoh

Just remind me again, if a Pokemon is paralyzed by Static while using a multi-hit attack, will paralysis be a problem during or after the set of attacks is finished? Also, are multi-attacks truly random. Like there's some sort of random number generator with 2, 3, 4 and 5, and Skill Link sets up to always be 5?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So developer's hindsight? Because things like the Heavy Ball would be pretty useful in Sinnoh

Just remind me again, if a Pokemon is paralyzed by Static while using a multi-hit attack, will paralysis be a problem during or after the set of attacks is finished? Also, are multi-attacks truly random. Like there's some sort of random number generator with 2, 3, 4 and 5, and Skill Link sets up to always be 5?

It's more down to them not having the Code for the Johto balls in DPPt, as the Sinnoh games came out before HGSS did.

While I'll need to grab a few Ampharos and Shelder to confirm this one. (Amphy got the best defence stat out of all that know Static, so are ideal punching bags, and Shellder are the only Gen 4 Pokémon that can have Skill Link) From what I can see, Yes, you will trigger Static for every Multi attack hit. And While I don't see any information about it, it strongly implied being Paralysed will end a Multi-hit move "early." However the due to the Random nature of this setup, I can see why It's hard to find any evidence either way.

EDIT: It really is hard to find any evidence to suggest it either way, the Multi hits moves that Shelder line learns doesn't make contact and won't trigger Static.. so the only way I'd be able to set it up to know for sure involves Skill swap and a double battle.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
My 3DS doesn't function anymore. I know that I could also run my UM on a 2DS, but my question is would it be smart to buy a 2DS or that the next game/ future ones will only be compatible with the 3DS?

BCVM22

My 3DS doesn't function anymore. I know that I could also run my UM on a 2DS, but my question is would it be smart to buy a 2DS or that the next game/ future ones will only be compatible with the 3DS?

Generation VII - Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon specifically - are the last core Pokémon titles for the 3DS family. The core titles will move to the Switch with Generation VIII, potentially as early as late this year but far more likely late next year. Pokémon’s time on the 3DS family is over, by and large.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

BCVM22

Could USUM also be played on the switch?

There’s no backwards compatibility between the Switch and any other software format.

If your 3DS is dead, your best bet is to find a new or used base 2DS, which is the cheapest hardware in the line and will play all your 3DS titles until such time where you shelve them.

Nockturne

Was there ever an officially released way of finding out your password to reset the clock in G/S/C?

I know there is a link to a website that does it for you on Bulbapedia so I'm not stuck or anything, I'm more just curious about how people would have gone about it way back when. It just seems odd to program a secret feature into the game but then never reveal it.

AmethystLeslie

Was there ever an officially released way of finding out your password to reset the clock in G/S/C?

I know there is a link to a website that does it for you on Bulbapedia so I'm not stuck or anything, I'm more just curious about how people would have gone about it way back when. It just seems odd to program a secret feature into the game but then never reveal it.

I know you could cheat your way into it. Otherwise you'd have to wait actual hours or days for what you need.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

There was no officially released media that showed a way to find your password to reset the RTC (real-time clock) in GSC. I believe that it was more of a testing/debugging feature where the testers/debuggers could use that feature to manually reset the RTC and set the RTC to test effects/look for bugs related to in-game time. Otherwise to change the time, the game RTC data would have to be invalid, corrupted or missing, forcing you to set the time again for your save file.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
During the period before beating Ultra Necrozma on USUM, could pokes that evolve only in day time still be evolved?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gen III and beyond, what if anything determines the form of Unown and Spinda?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Gen III and beyond, what if anything determines the form of Unown and Spinda?

A Hidden Value called the Personality Value, for the most part. However they get their own methods in more modern games. Personality Value is set often set as just before you see that Pokémon.

MiloticTwins

I'm not even sure about whether you guys think Miltank should belong in the Kantonian or Johtonian evolution family and non-evolving Pokémon list? That's because Miltank Generation II female counterpart of Tauros. So, do you guys know what you think?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm not even sure about whether you guys think Miltank should belong in the Kantonian or Johtonian evolution family and non-evolving Pokémon list? That's because Miltank Generation II female counterpart of Tauros. So, do you guys know what you think?

Miltank is a Generation II species that has no evolutionary family. So the answer of which category it fits into should be self-explanatory.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Are event pokes that are picked after the event has expired (although the receiving of the gift was in the due time) considered less legit than the ones that are taken right on time?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Are event pokes that are picked after the event has expired (although the receiving of the gift was in the due time) considered less legit than the ones that are taken right on time?

Nah, there are people who pick up their event Pokémon long after the event has ended, with one example being that someone isn't able to soft reset for a desirable Nature within the event period and would have to keep soft resetting after the event period to get their desired Pokémon.