• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
T
Yes Heavy Ball Beldum caught in SM wasn't legal because of a glitch in the capture mechanics of the Heavy Ball where Pokémon weighing 220.2 lbs or under with a capture rate 20 or under cannot be caught because their capture rate is 0, which was the minimum cap for capture rates in SM. Beldum weighs 209.9 lbs so it fits in the category of weighting 220.2 lbs or under and has a capture rate of 3 so it is therefore one of the Pokémon that cannot be caught in a Heavy Ball in SM. It was fixed in USUM by capping capture rate at a minimum of 1, which allo such Pokémon to at least have a chance to be caught. The only other post Gen 3 games the Heavy Ball was available in were HGSS and because Beldum is only obtainable as a Safari Pokémon and a gift Pokémon, it can only be in a Poké Ball that is an ordinary Poké Ball and a Safari Ball.
Thanks so much for your reply

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Hello, I've got one question.
I decided to check about certain monsters that kinda look like Pokemon but are not Pokemon who would qualify as Pokemon but are made by Game Freak and are in Pokemon games. So, I am not talking about fakemon, but actual monsters created by GF but are not classified as Pokemon( I am excluding anime and manga creatures and excluding creatures that are not in final games).So, only core/side/spin-off etc Pokemon-related games and I found around 14-15 characters who could easily be Pokemon;
1. F-00( both forms)
2.Humanoid
3.Monster
4.Black /White Door
5.Majin
6.Transport
7.UFO
8.Old Statue
( all these can look like UBs; also maybe Brycen's battleship)
Then we have Alien girl( her and all above are PokeStar Studios related and they TBH kinda look like Pokemon)
And final three; Bittercold,Dark Rust and Dark Matter( they have their cries and IIRC one of them can change into certain type, but they're not Pokemon).

So my question is; are there any more creatures than these who are made by GF( or other company approved by GF) and put in final games( side/core/spin-off) that are not Pokemon but actually look like Pokemon and can be Pokemon by the looks/traits/cries/types?( and btw they must be unique/new designs and not previous Pokemon like Shadow Lugia,since it's a Lugia Gen 2 Pokemon). ( I just found about Void Shadows which can be Ghost-like Pokemon).Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How are shiny odds affected by the different levels of rarity? Does it also affect legendaries/Ultra Beasts the same that it affects normal Pokemon?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
How are shiny odds affected by the different levels of rarity? Does it also affect legendaries/Ultra Beasts the same that it affects normal Pokemon?

Legendaries and Ultra Beasts just have regular shiny odds regardless of wormhole rarity. Wormhole rarity and distance only affects which Ultra Beasts show up and the odds of a legendary appearing in the first place.

For regular pokémon, the rule of thumb is: Larger distance is more likely shiny, and higher wormhole rarity is more likely shiny. In detail, for when you don't roll a legendary (or have already caught all legendaries in said wormhole colour):

Regular wormhole, no rings: 1% shiny rate regardless of distance
One ring wormhole: distance/500 in %, rounded down. Caps at 5000 lightyears at 10%.
Two ring wormhole: 2*floor(distance/500) - 1 in %. Caps at 5000 lightyears at 19%.
Flower pattern/legendary wormhole: 4*floor(distance/500) - 4 in %. Caps at 5000 lightyears at 36% shiny rate.

In other words:

One ring wormhole:
0-999 lightyears: Wormhole does not show up at these distances
1000-1499 lightyears: 2%
1500-1999 lightyears: 3%
2000-2499 lightyears: 4%
2500-2999 lightyears: 5%
3000-3499 lightyears: 6%
3500-3999 lightyears: 7%
4000-4499 lighyears: 8%
4500-4999 lightyears: 9%
5000+ lightyears: 10%

Two ring wormhole:
0-999 lightyears: Wormhole does not show up at these distances
1000-1499 lightyears: 3%
1500-1999 lightyears: 5%
2000-2499 lightyears: 7%
2500-2999 lightyears: 9%
3000-3499 lightyears: 11%
3500-3999 lightyears: 13%
4000-4499 lighyears: 15%
4500-4999 lightyears: 17%
5000+ lightyears: 19%

Flower-pattern wormhole:
0-2499 lightyears: Wormhole does not show up at these distances.
2500-2999 lightyears: 16%
3000-3499 lightyears: 20%
3500-3999 lightyears: 24%
4000-4499 lighyears: 28%
4500-4999 lightyears: 32%
5000+ lightyears: 36%

Last edited:

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Has anyone else watched Pokemon : Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel and thought forcing Pokemon to mega evolve would be a great 3rd game follow up to Colosseum and Gale of Darkness?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Gen VI and beyond, Spiritomb and Sableye are weak to Fairy. Although minor, if you manage to use Odor Sleuth or Foresight, they will become weak to Fighting.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How much does Roto Catch boost the catch rate? If I throw a Beast Ball at an Ultra Beast at the start of the battle, what's the chance of it catching it for each UB? And if I throw it when they're at full health while Roto Catch is in effect, what are the chances then?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How much does Roto Catch boost the catch rate? If I throw a Beast Ball at an Ultra Beast at the start of the battle, what's the chance of it catching it for each UB? And if I throw it when they're at full health while Roto Catch is in effect, what are the chances then?
A Roto Catch boost is equivalent to a Lv 3 Capture Power in the Gen 6 games, which they boost catch rate of a Pokémon with a multiplier of x2.5.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What is the chance of catching each Ultra Beast on the first go with the Beast Ball?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
What is the chance of catching each Ultra Beast on the first go with the Beast Ball?
A quick Calculation, throws out value just below 40% with no Rotom boosts, or 70% chance with the rotom boost active. This is assuming that you're in using USUM for any beast or catching Nihilego in SM. The Chance rate will be lower in for other Ultra Beasts in SM, as the Catch rate is lower.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In the chances of catching the following Ultra Beasts in one Beast Ball are:

Nihilego - 39.951% in both SM and USUM

Buzzwole - 25.696% in SM, 39.951% in USUM

Pheromosa - 100% in SM, 39.951% in USUM

Xurkitree - 29.474% in SM, 39.951% in USUM

Celesteela - 25.696% in SM, 39.951% in USUM

Kartana - 100% in SM, 39.951% in USUM

Guzzlord - 17.52% in SM, 39.951% in USUM

Stakataka - 29.474%

Blacephalon - 29.474%

Poipole and Naganadel are not applicable because they cannot be encountered in-game and can only be obtained as gift/event Pokémon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How far do I have to go in the Ultra Wormhole to find a white flower pattern? I am hoping to find Guzzlord to shiny hunt. And once I do, what are the chances of finding a white flower pattern?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How far do I have to go in the Ultra Wormhole to find a white flower pattern? I am hoping to find Guzzlord to shiny hunt. And once I do, what are the chances of finding a white flower pattern?
I don't think there's really a set minimum distance you have to travel to have a white wormhole appear. Not too sure about the chances of a white wormhole appearing, but Guzzlord is usually accessed through a type four flowery white wormhole, which do not appear until you reach 2500 light years, which from there, these wormholes have a 1% chance of appearing. As you travel further, these are the following chance those flowery wormholes appear as soon as you reach the following distances:

3000 light years - 2%

3500 light years - 3%

4000 light years - 4%

4500 light years - 5%

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

2500 LY before flower patterns appear. Not sure what the odds of white wormholes are compared to the others, I think it's about 23% red, 23% blue, 23% yellow, 23% green, 8% white from personal experience, regardless of distance. Wormhole type is rolles separately from wormhole colour, the two don't influence each other as far as I know. Flower pattern wormhole rises to 5% at I think 4500 LY, so beyond there it's about 5% times 8% or 0.4% for flower pattern white wormhole, and it's lower earlier on.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Can I run from UBs, find them again and shiny hunt? Or do I have to knock them out and approach them again for it?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Can I run from UBs, find them again and shiny hunt? Or do I have to knock them out and approach them again for it?
I don't think you can efficiently reset for Ultra Beasts by running away from them and knocking them out either. The best way is to save right before you battle the Ultra Beasts and reset if it is not shiny.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I don't think you can efficiently reset for Ultra Beasts by running away from them and knocking them out either. The best way is to save right before you battle the Ultra Beasts and reset if it is not shiny.
By that I mean if I can run or knock them out, go on the Ultra Wormhole trip, and locate them again so I don't have to bother with the cutscene

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
By that I mean if I can run or knock them out, go on the Ultra Wormhole trip, and locate them again so I don't have to bother with the cutscene
Well if you accidentally KO or run away from Ultra Beasts you can go back to the Altar of the Sunne/Moone and go back to Ultra Warp Ride and eventually find the Ultra Beast again because wormhole Ultra Beasts can be reencountered indefinitely.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Can I get catch more than one of each UB in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? By travelling back to the same white hole again?

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Can I get catch more than one of each UB in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? By travelling back to the same white hole again?
Yeah you can by going through white wormholes but some Ultra Beasts are more common in some types of wormholes depending on the rings that surround it. You can go to the same place where you have caught an Ultra Beast and catch the same Ultra Beast again.