• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

RedJirachi

Veteran member
tbh, Alolan Raichu should be able to be taught Surf naturally

When an Alolan and non-Alolan form of the same species love each other very much, what's the chance of the child being Alolan and how do the genders of the parents play into this?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
tbh, Alolan Raichu should be able to be taught Surf naturally

When an Alolan and non-Alolan form of the same species love each other very much, what's the chance of the child being Alolan and how do the genders of the parents play into this?
“If the female parent is the species' normal form (including in a Ditto pairing) and holds an Everstone, and if the offspring is in the same family as that parent, then the offspring will hatch as the normal form. In all other cases, the offspring will always hatch in its Alola Form.”~Bulbapedia

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Neat. Can I use the normal's Hidden Ability in breeding to get the Alola's Hidden Ability?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Is the shininess of the roaming beasts in HGSS determined when they escape the Burned Tower, or when they're encountered in the wild?
I think it's generally random. I was able to soft reset for Suicune in SS and it eventually came up as shiny.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I revived my pokewalker today. The battery died 1 or 2 years ago and I just changed the battery. It still has my player info stored on it but any attempt to connect it to the game fails as it says there is no trainer. last i remember i went out to icy mountain road route then i stopped playing the game/pokewalker for a while. im aiming the thing properly to the infared eye (but i might be a tad bit off on the angle) the pokewalker keeps saying there is no trainer when i try to connect it.

i would like to get it back to reconnect to the game but its not a necessity, i plan to use it as a pedometer for exercise. the fact i cant connect to the game is a bit annoying and is getting to me. is there a way to reset the pokewalker and still keep the course/routes perviously unlocked intact?

i know the things i need to do to connect the 2 devices and what used to work back then just isnt working now.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I revived my pokewalker today. The battery died 1 or 2 years ago and I just changed the battery. It still has my player info stored on it but any attempt to connect it to the game fails as it says there is no trainer. last i remember i went out to icy mountain road route then i stopped playing the game/pokewalker for a while. im aiming the thing properly to the infared eye (but i might be a tad bit off on the angle) the pokewalker keeps saying there is no trainer when i try to connect it.

i would like to get it back to reconnect to the game but its not a necessity, i plan to use it as a pedometer for exercise. the fact i cant connect to the game is a bit annoying and is getting to me. is there a way to reset the pokewalker and still keep the course/routes perviously unlocked intact?

i know the things i need to do to connect the 2 devices and what used to work back then just isnt working now.
Are you aiming the Pokéwalker to the Cart or the 3DSes IR port? HG/SS can't see the 3DS IR port, so you need to aim at the cart.

The older 3DS card slot at the back, like older DS line, which is nor far from the 3DS IR sensor. In the NEW 3DS and 2DS, the Cart Slot is at the Front, and the 3DS IR sensor is at the back.

I managed to find a replacement to one of my Pokéwalkers, so it was a little weird not following the on screen instructions with N3DS.

As for Courses, they're tied to the HGSS save not the Pokéwalker.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Are you aiming the Pokéwalker to the Cart or the 3DSes IR port? HG/SS can't see the 3DS IR port, so you need to aim at the cart.

The older 3DS card slot at the back, like older DS line, which is nor far from the 3DS IR sensor. In the NEW 3DS and 2DS, the Cart Slot is at the Front, and the 3DS IR sensor is at the back.

I managed to find a replacement to one of my Pokéwalkers, so it was a little weird not following the on screen instructions with N3DS.

As for Courses, they're tied to the HGSS save not the Pokéwalker.

thank you for the reply, i got it connected. i always aimed it at the IR sensor on the old 3ds which as you said is close enough to the cartridge. so i aimed it at the IR sensor for the new3DS and nada... i just aimed it at the cartridge and retreived the pkmn and the watts.

i did fear that i would lose the routes with a battery replacemnt but i had all the routes intact when i was trying to connect the 2 devices.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Creyk

Does sucker punch not work on dark types in gen 7 battle mechanics?
I was just in a wifi battle, I was using golisopod, my enemy was using greninja. He used water shuriken. I used sucker punch. Sucker punch FAILED. Why? I don't get this.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Does sucker punch not work on dark types in gen 7 battle mechanics?
I was just in a wifi battle, I was using golisopod, my enemy was using greninja. He used water shuriken. I used sucker punch. Sucker punch FAILED. Why? I don't get this.
Sucker Punch fails if the target has already made its move, it only works if the target is using an attacking move but hasn't yet moved that turn. Water Shuriken is also a priority move, and because Greninja is faster it moved before Golisopod's Sucker Punch.

Creyk

Sucker Punch fails if the target has already made its move, it only works if the target is using an attacking move but hasn't yet moved that turn. Water Shuriken is also a priority move, and because Greninja is faster it moved before Golisopod's Sucker Punch.
I see, so it was because of water shuriken. I had no idea that is a priority move since I never used greninja myself
thank you

nel3

Crimson Dragon
in trying to evolve a foreign amuara on my sun file its at lvl 45, i tried evolving it in sun, dusk and night and it just dont evolve. it knows ancient power but im stumped why it doesnt evolve. is there anything im missing? i doubt its because its not a hacked one.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
in trying to evolve a foreign amuara on my sun file its at lvl 45, i tried evolving it in sun, dusk and night and it just dont evolve. it knows ancient power but im stumped why it doesnt evolve. is there anything im missing? i doubt its because its not a hacked one.
When you say Night, is it the in game Night, or is it dark outside? it should Evolve at 39 or later during the Night according to the game. For Moon, that will be 6am to 6pm (0600 to 1800) according to your 3DS clock.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
When you say Night, is it the in game Night, or is it dark outside? it should Evolve at 39 or later during the Night according to the game. For Moon, that will be 6am to 6pm (0600 to 1800) according to your 3DS clock.

Thank you for the reply, I'm trying to evolve it asap as the game looks like the right time but I'm not looking at the DS clock. It's not the time on the DS that coincides with night time when I try evolving it.