• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
More a reminder, but before Gen VI what was the reason behind the shiny colorations? Some come off as kind of random
Pallets. In the Super gameboy, they "added" colour after making a Grayscale image. (The Gameboy could make white(Green), Light grey, Dark Grey, and black.) They basically make the grey's other colours, Normally the colours chosen are to match the art. But for a shiny, they changed the colour Pallet, to the next compatible one. So Instead of White, Sandy yellow, Blue and Black, the next Pallet would be White, Dull Yellow, Red and Black.. And it appears that the colours where more or less random for most of them.

Pallets were the only option for SuperGB/GBC games, and they are quite efficient in terms of files size, as you only need to store a few colours what they mean. In computing GIF images use a Pallet to save space. If you've been hanging around the Spite shops, you'll find most of them are store in gif fomats, mostly due how small the files will be.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
how does Pokebank work with a electronic game file? there is a flea market that sells used games and they also compiled +70 games onto a cartridge including all the Pokemon games (GEN1->6). im done with the series (forget gen8, gen7 is played out) but i still have a bunch of Pokemon stored on 2 DS systems and that requires renewing the PKbank app. i will need keep updating them for X years to come IF i want to save them all or just move the wanted pokemon onto a singe PKbank app and let the other expire. im wondering if this multi-game DS cartridge could solve some of the space issues that may arise later on. it has 4 gen6 games (gen7 not sure) which means 120 boxes of space if i treat those files as storage unit.

will PKbank app recognize the multigame DS cartridge as legal and let the pokemon be stored on those game files? buying multiple gen6 games at +$40 a pop VS the multi cartridge at $70 or so is and easy economic choice. im still aware of the time both PKbank apps expire but i dont know if years later if i'll bother to remember or renew them. i already have cleared out AS and UM to bare basics for game play and left the other boxes for the resource pokemon (bank ball, HA EM ETC) stored on PKbank apps. gen6 storage file is fine but UM will force some gen6 pokemon into gen7

BCVM22

Spending money on a pirated piece of merchandise vs. spending it on legitimate merchandise might be an "easy" choice but it's definitely not the right one. Your desire to be "done" with the franchise doesn't give you the right to pirate it. That's an excuse, and a poor one at that.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Spending money on a pirated piece of merchandise vs. spending it on legitimate merchandise might be an "easy" choice but it's definitely not the right one. Your desire to be "done" with the franchise doesn't give you the right to pirate it. That's an excuse, and a poor one at that.

thank you for the reply, economically it would cost less but i agree its not morally correct. i wasnt sure if the multi game cartridge was legit or not. im not interested in pirating the games, i'll pass on that multi game cartridge and just deal with the legit copies or just consolidate it on one PKbank app.

there are a few shady/underhanded/cheap Chinese clothing ETC things that occur in flea markets. i wasnt sure if that game cartridge was one of them until now. i didnt buy it even back then as i had several multigen legit pokemon games already. i already have legit copies of yellow, silver, HG, BW2, X, Y, Sun, UM. getting doubles (legit or not) of the same games makes no sense as i have only 1 mssing gen of games ie gen3.

Last edited:

BCVM22

If that was your question, then no, the multi-game cartridge is definitely not legitimate. Far from it.

If an item like that seems too good to be true, content-wise and/or price-wise, it almost always is.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If that was your question, then no, the multi-game cartridge is definitely not legitimate. Far from it.

If an item like that seems too good to be true, content-wise and/or price-wise, it almost always is.

i can atleast trust the 2nd hand games, i got both B2W2 second hand from one of the stalls. i havent had much time to play gen5 as they either tossed or transferred power EV items. both files are into post game with the mythical trio to catch, i was planning to get power items, prep an egg and send it to restarted game file. i havent really gotten around to that yet...

they do sell legit copies of silver, gold and crystal (among others) and i really wanted Crystal back in the day but the usual cartridge batteries died out like my Silver. does the replacement battery completely solve the problem or is it a reoccurring expense swap them out?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
they do sell legit copies of silver, gold and crystal (among others) and i really wanted Crystal back in the day but the usual cartridge batteries died out like my Silver. does the replacement battery completely solve the problem or is it a reoccurring expense swap them out?
Completely solve, no. The batteries will need replacing ever so often, as the Clock and Save file sips the power from the battery. It's "design flaw" due fact that they are using RAM that needs power, not Flash or EEPROM storage which other later games do use. Alot of Retro Tech has this issue, usually older PCs with dead or Leaking CMOS batteries. This issue will affect many systems on their ability to save.

I should point out that fresh batteries should last at least 5 years, like the original batteries in the carts did. If the game still works, you can use Pokémon Stadium 2 to keep your Pokémon, or when you replace the battery. It's not exactly an easy fix, but most of tools needed to fix replace a GB Battery isn't too hard to find, nor at a high price. The worse part will be the screwdriver which can easily be found online, everything else isn't too hard to find.

I swapped a GBA Cart battery a few years ago, which is exactly same, baring the game, and different screwdriver.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Completely solve, no. The batteries will need replacing ever so often, as the Clock and Save file sips the power from the battery. It's "design flaw" due fact that they are using RAM that needs power, not Flash or EEPROM storage which other later games do use. Alot of Retro Tech has this issue, usually older PCs with dead or Leaking CMOS batteries. This issue will affect many systems on their ability to save.

I should point out that fresh batteries should last at least 5 years, like the original batteries in the carts did. If the game still works, you can use Pokémon Stadium 2 to keep your Pokémon, or when you replace the battery. It's not exactly an easy fix, but most of tools needed to fix replace a GB Battery isn't too hard to find, nor at a high price. The worse part will be the screwdriver which can easily be found online, everything else isn't too hard to find.

I swapped a GBA Cart battery a few years ago, which is exactly same, baring the game, and different screwdriver.

Thank you for the reply. I don't have Pokemon stadium so saving them isn't an option. I did look into replacing the battery in my silver game a few years ago but didnt want to damage it by trying it. HG is a suitable updated game to take it's place. The crystal game will be around $70 second hand at flea market. for the game price and the battery hassle, I'm not sure if I'd want to bother with the battery RAM design.

I tried to clean a corroded battery contact on an old calculator a while back but ended up with a broken battery tab. I think I will leave my silver game with its original depleted battery. I'm not too fond of dropping to the smaller GBC screen, the old 2DS screen is small enough as it is without straining my eyes too much. I have other GBC games non Pokemon and they don't have the same RAM design issues as serious as gen2 Pokemon. I'm not the type that likes to tinker with the electronic guts of devices.

I have that Rampage game that works great but it wasn't designed to have a save file....

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Does the card TWIST MOUNTAIN only work with the fossilized pokes that arrive from their corresponding items like OLD AMBER and etc?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm considering buying a legit copy of Pokemon Y, if I'm correct the first time you can access the pokemon storage system is in santalune. Will that be sufficiently far to use poke bank app?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm considering buying a legit copy of Pokemon Y, if I'm correct the first time you can access the pokemon storage system is in santalune. Will that be sufficiently far to use poke bank app?
That should be far enough.. But it's been years since I actually started X or Y.

If not, you should be told what you need before you can move Pokémon on to Y.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You should be able to use it once you get your Pokédex. I believe you get it right after you pick your starter.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Thank you for the replies, the stores nearby are out of gen6 games predictably. One has X but not Y but i do know where 2nd hand games are sold. I just need the time off work to pick one up.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I want to SOS Mimikyu for a shiny. The normal strategy is to Skill Swap Harvest, then Bestow a Leppa Berry for no Struggle. Will it fail against its Disguise?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Lv 1 Shuckle gets Power Trick, Huge Power through Skill Swap, and its attack stat is maximized to +6. Uses Stone Edge, its strongest move. On the other side, we have a Regirock with Clear Body who has a nature that is plus physical attack. The opposing Shuckle has a neutral physical defense nature. Both have the same IVs and EVs. Regirock, for the purposes of this argument, doesn't do anything to hurt the Lv 1 Shuckle. How high does Regirock's level have to be to avoid a OHKO?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Lv 1 Shuckle gets Power Trick, Huge Power through Skill Swap, and its attack stat is maximized to +6. Uses Stone Edge, its strongest move. On the other side, we have a Regirock with Clear Body who has a nature that is plus physical attack. The opposing Shuckle has a neutral physical defense nature. Both have the same IVs and EVs. Regirock, for the purposes of this argument, doesn't do anything to hurt the Lv 1 Shuckle. What's the range from Lv 1 this Regirock has to be for the Shuckle to OHKO it?
It will always KO regardless of IVs, EVs, or nature. Like, several health bars over. Power Trick Shuckle at +6 with Huge Power has unheard of attack stats for its level (in excess of 70 at level 1, can reach 80 with EV investment). Regirock on the other hand can only reach a defence stat of 9 at level 1 (although I don't think level 1 Regirock is available legally). Can I ask why the oddly specific scenario?

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It will always KO regardless of IVs, EVs, or nature. Like, several health bars over. Power Trick Shuckle at +6 with Huge Power has unheard of attack stats for its level (in excess of 70 at level 1, can reach 80 with EV investment). Regirock on the other hand can only reach a defence stat of 9 at level 1 (although I don't think level 1 Regirock is available legally). Can I ask why the oddly specific scenario?
I was asking beyond Lv 1. Like at what level can the Regirock survive the attack? I am mainly asking if something so absurdly high in attack can have the damage visualized in battle, and if anything can survive it

RedJirachi

Veteran member