• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
By EU cart if possible .
Don’t order from China
If it’s just shown in the small cartridge clear holders avoid .
Make sure for decent pics to view the code on the back matches the code on the front bottom .
On the back the letters between the metal prongs should be uniformed in size font etc and not half missing behind each prong .
Box . Check box art and image logos against legit cases online .
Usually the fakes go for cheap with multiple buy options from the seller .

But sadly your going to be paying £30 and up for a legit HG SS .
Yes, I have to agree, I've seen used HGSS copies selling for £60 without the Pokéwalker. £70 with the Pokewalker. (This a listing is from Certain Electronics eXchange store that deals in 2nd hand electronics.)

At the moment, you can get a the 2DS for the same price. (The 2DS has doubled since last year since I made note of the price for a Project I canned.)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I've checked Gamestop's website and says it's not available to order online and my local stores are closed. So I have to eliminate them as an option...

One more bit here: GameStop is very limited in available used games from older generations. They have an emphasis on the current generation of game systems and the previous one, but they don't accept games or systems older than that unless there's incredible demand for it (as in "covered on the national news" level of incredible demand). They do massive clearances of whatever is two generations old or older when a new system generation is established, usually when every major manufacturer of game systems enters that generation.

Hence, you should never turn to GameStop for used games that are two or more video game generations old. They have large availability only for the Switch, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
One more bit here: GameStop is very limited in available used games from older generations. They have an emphasis on the current generation of game systems and the previous one, but they don't accept games or systems older than that unless there's incredible demand for it (as in "covered on the national news" level of incredible demand). They do massive clearances of whatever is two generations old or older when a new system generation is established, usually when every major manufacturer of game systems enters that generation.

Hence, you should never turn to GameStop for used games that are two or more video game generations old. They have large availability only for the Switch, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U.

Honestly I only turn to GameStop if I'm truly desperate for old games. Since their currently closed in my area I've gotta go elsewhere.

I have found a decently priced copy of SoulSilver on eBay. It should arrive sometime next week.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I have a question regarding Pokken. Im doing the league mission panels now, cleared all up to red league. Working on chroma league now 1/3 panels. Apparently the completed panels serve as backgrounds also. Is that with switch picture function or some route thru the pokkken game?

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Figured this was a relevant question to ask in this thread instead of creating a new thread.

Whenever you play the main series games do you prefer to use only six Pokemon or do you capture more than six to rotate them?

I ask because when I was younger I only used teams of six and now as an adult I prefer to rotate.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Figured this was a relevant question to ask in this thread instead of creating a new thread.

Whenever you play the main series games do you prefer to use only six Pokemon or do you capture more than six to rotate them?

I ask because when I was younger I only used teams of six and now as an adult I prefer to rotate.
I generally rotate any teams I use, depending on the gym or situation.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

I like both. During most of my playthroughs I try to stick to using only six pokémon & bonding over them, but if I do have reserves I try to limit myself to only having no more than 12 for a play through/story arc and then rotate them so that they all get a chance to grow & develop

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

I usually rotate. I find that if I just use six the game tends to be a tad too easy as my pokémon levels are often on par if not exceeding what I'm up against, I prefer to be a bit lower level. And by rotating I can play around with a lot more pokémon.

Luthor

I tend to Rotate with the exception of my starter. There's normally a few Pokemon I use more frequently but in general I rotate.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Good to see I'm not the only one who has a rotating team. In most playthroughs I tend to use 6 to 10 Pokemon on my team. Suppose visually I like to have a variety of species on my team.
I do that quite often actually.

I like to experiment and give multiple Pokemon the spotlight.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I don't know if it counts as "rotating" them or not, but the way I approach it is that I gather 6 Pokémon, then as more Pokémon show up that I find interesting, I'll replace team members with the new ones. I try to get them to reach their final evolution stage before swapping them out, and I never replace the starter.

For instance, the team I used to get to the ending of Shield includes Mr. Rime, who's a late-game Pokémon, though I forget who I swapped out for that.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't know if it counts as "rotating" them or not, but the way I approach it is that I gather 6 Pokémon, then as more Pokémon show up that I find interesting, I'll replace team members with the new ones. I try to get them to reach their final evolution stage before swapping them out, and I never replace the starter.

For instance, the team I used to get to the ending of Shield includes Mr. Rime, who's a late-game Pokémon, though I forget who I swapped out for that.
Thiss is how I play as well. I have 3-4 Pokémon in mind that I definitely want to use but the last 2 slots are temporary until I get a new Pokémon that’s a mainstay.

In my Ultra Moon run, I had a Decidueye, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Muk, Crabominable, Araquanid, and a revolving door of a last slot. It started off with a Yungoos/Gumshoos, then a Ribombee, then a Mudbray/Mudsdale, before finally settling on trading over a Turtonator Egg

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step

That's also how I tended to play for most games, for example in ORAS I swapped out Mightyena for Camerupt, and Swellow for Latias. However, in Shield, since the PC box was available I decided to have a main team of 11 Pokémon (13 by the post-game), and levelling them all equally. Surprisingly, I did not end up under-levelled, and it made the game more challenging, and more fun, as a result.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I am trying to get finances on my 3DS for Pokemon Bank so I can transfer them to Home. However I can't seem to be able to add finances through my credit card. I ask how exactly to do so as my 3DS was purchased in New Zealand, but I now live in Australia so the eshop cards from Australia won't work on my New Zealand 3DS

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I am trying to get finances on my 3DS for Pokemon Bank so I can transfer them to Home. However I can't seem to be able to add finances through my credit card. I ask how exactly to do so as my 3DS was purchased in New Zealand, but I now live in Australia so the eshop cards from Australia won't work on my New Zealand 3DS
I'll assume going out to a store is out the question. You could purchase a Prepaid card via a New Zeland Website, but that could be a waste of time and money.

Do you have you got a PC to access the Nintendo Website? You can add Money there if you have Paypal or a Credit card.

https://ec.nintendo.com/my/balance_add

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'll assume going out to a store is out the question. You could purchase a Prepaid card via a New Zeland Website, but that could be a waste of time and money.

Do you have you got a PC to access the Nintendo Website? You can add Money there if you have Paypal or a Credit card.

https://ec.nintendo.com/my/balance_add
I added $10 with it, but it hasn't shown in my 3DS yet. Before my ID was for the Switch

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has there ever been a pokémon based around the concept of chi? I know there was the Lucario line, which is based on aura, but I wasn’t sure if there was anything else

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Has there ever been a pokémon based around the concept of chi? I know there was the Lucario line, which is based on aura, but I wasn’t sure if there was anything else

Well, there's the Meditite line and the Mienfoo line, which are both based on martial arts strengthened through meditation. Lucario has command of its aura and attacks mainly through it. And it's pretty likely that Urshifu fights through aura control around its body.

Ghost94

Xerneas is the tree of life from Genesis 3:22 (KJV) And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever; G-Max Gengar is the gate to hell described in Matthew 7:13 (KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat; and Grumpig is a visual representation of Matthew 7:6 (KJV) Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Are there any other Biblically inspired Pokémon?