• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

BCVM22

Most of those are less Biblical and more so concepts that are universal to a number of faiths and pantheons. A great tree of life (Xerneas) is central to Norse mythology (among many others), for example. The concept of an afterlife (Gigantamax Gengar) is even more universal, obviously.

Remember that Japan, where Pokémon are conceived and designed, is not a heavily Christian country, with only 1-2% of the country's population identifying as being religiously Christian. That's not to say that there aren't any Pokémon inspired by Biblical passages. I'd argue "pearls before swine" is simply in the greater cultural lexicon more so than being known as a Bible passage, but that's a quibble. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are conceptually similar to the leviathan, behemoth, and ziz, as beasts of sea, land, and sky, though they bear little to no resemblance to the traditional depictions of the creatures.

But whatever that ratio is, Pokémon draws far, far more inspiration from Shintoism (Legendaries as a concept are dead ringers for the kami of the Shinto faith), Buddhism, Taoism, other belief systems more endemic to Japan, and other worldwide belief systems and pantheons than it does from Western religions.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Someone explain why I got a Wurmple with Jirachi's something good wish in PMD: DX. I thought it was an unrecruited pokemon would join you unless it was legendary or Lucario/Riolu. Yet the only pokemon I was missing were Eevee, Igglybuff and Bayleef so it should have technically given me one of those but it didn't. Really annoyed by this.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Would you be able to call out a Diglett on concrete/solid ground? They would literally be ripping through the floor.
I mean, you can call out a Diglett in the ocean, in the sky, and in space, so I don't see why not.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Would you be able to call out a Diglett on concrete/solid ground? They would literally be ripping through the floor.

I mean, you can call out a Diglett in the ocean, in the sky, and in space, so I don't see why not.

You've never a hacked Diglett use some moves.. It often bring the ground with it!

Besides it's quite commonly known that they do indeed have feet! (I'm not sure if they brought that scene back in the Switch remake.)

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
I need some help. I received a shiny Metapod from the GTS in UM and I'm pretty sure it's hacked. Its egg received date is 0/0/2000 and hatched on 1/1/2000. Is this a mon that resulted from a bad egg? I'm wondering if it will pass through Home since every thread I looked up involved mystery zone eggs and not just hatched mons with this odd date.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I need some help. I received a shiny Metapod from the GTS in UM and I'm pretty sure it's hacked. Its egg received date is 0/0/2000 and hatched on 1/1/2000. Is this a mon that resulted from a bad egg? I'm wondering if it will pass through Home since every thread I looked up involved mystery zone eggs and not just hatched mons with this odd date.
It is a hack. the 0/0 date is a common mistake for a hack, I've even done it before.. That hack is hasn't left my games.

brandonm

I've always had a love for Pokemon but never seriously gotten into it, after recently getting sword I've been really enjoying it and trying to sort out my first team comp and was wondering if there would be any suggestions or improvements?
Corviknight
Mimikyu
Dracovish
Dragapult
Centiscorch
Toxtricity

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I've always had a love for Pokemon but never seriously gotten into it, after recently getting sword I've been really enjoying it and trying to sort out my first team comp and was wondering if there would be any suggestions or improvements?
Corviknight
Mimikyu
Dracovish
Dragapult
Centiscorch
Toxtricity

Single battling or double battling? Also, is this for in-game Ranked/VGC rules or Pokémon Showdown rules?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Question, can Urshifu legally have the gmax symbol on it?

BCVM22

Urshifu’s two forms each have distinct Gigantamax forms.

I have not played the DLC yet - is there some reason a Gigantamax Pokémon wouldn’t have the Gigantamax symbol on it?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Urshifu’s two forms each have distinct Gigantamax forms.

I have not played the DLC yet - is there some reason a Gigantamax Pokémon wouldn’t have the Gigantamax symbol on it?
It's just I traded for some Urshifu from the GTS and one happens to have the symbol and one doesn't. Considering it doesn't start with the GMAX symbol when you get Kubfu guess it just means that the OT decided to use max soup on this particular Urshifu and then trade it?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's just I traded for some Urshifu from the GTS and one happens to have the symbol and one doesn't. Considering it doesn't start with the GMAX symbol when you get Kubfu guess it just means that the OT decided to use max soup on this particular Urshifu and then trade it?
By default Urshifu won't have the Gigantamax symbol even if you evolve it from Kubfu. You have to feed the Max Soup to Urshifu to give it the Gigantamax symbol.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Just a general question, can you remove the game cards from the DS or Switch systems while the system is powered on but no game/app is running? its a thing that remains from the old game console days where powering off the console was recommended before you swap out the game cartridge. i just seem to think that powering off the system was the safest way, not wanting to risk corrupting the save file.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Just a general question, can you remove the game cards from the DS or Switch systems while the system is powered on but no game/app is running? its a thing that remains from the old game console days where powering off the console was recommended before you sway out the game cartridge. i just seem to think that powering off the system was the safest way, not wanting to risk corrupting the save file.
On the Switch you can at anytime when you aren’t running the cart. On the DS you can remove the game card if you are using the GBA mode on the original and Lite models or Pictochat. The 3DS is pretty much the same as the DS except you can do it as long as the game isn’t being played. New Leaf is the exception if you do the linking of the game to a Happy Home Academy save.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
On the Switch you can at anytime when you aren’t running the cart. On the DS you can remove the game card if you are using the GBA mode on the original and Lite models or Pictochat. The 3DS is pretty much the same as the DS except you can do it as long as the game isn’t being played. New Leaf is the exception if you do the linking of the game to a Happy Home Academy save.

thank you for the reply, so shutting off the 2ds, 3ds and switch isnt required to swap games. i'd think there might have been some questions regarding the DS systems but didnt want to risk anything.