• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I want to get the white Zeraora event and I have Pokemon Home. Could I have instructions on what I need to do to get it. I have deposited a Pokemon from Sword/Shield to Home after June 17

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I want to get the white Zeraora event and I have Pokemon Home. Could I have instructions on what I need to do to get it. I have deposited a Pokemon from Sword/Shield to Home after June 17
You need to have the mobile version of Pokémon Home logged into the same Nintendo account as your Switch. Then deposit a Pokémon from SwSh into Home. Once you're on the mobile version, tap on the menu icon at the bottom and then tap 'Mystery Gifts'. Then tap 'Gift Box'. Select the gift that says 'Victory over Zeraora 1'. When you claim the gift, you'll be given an option to nickname the Zeraora.

Redbird

In BW2, you know how if you battle and faint Cobalion, Terrakion, or Virizion, they will respawn at a higher level after you beat the Pokémon League? On their second encounter, do they keep their IVs from their first encounter, or do they get new ones?

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
In BW2, you know how if you battle and faint Cobalion, Terrakion, or Virizion, they will respawn at a higher level after you beat the Pokémon League? On their second encounter, do they keep their IVs from their first encounter, or do they get new ones?
They will get a set of IVs that will be different from the first encounter.

Rune Knight

Does a pokémon automatically become loyal to the trainer after catching it?

In the games and in many cases within the anime the pokémon stops being hostile towards the trainer once it's been caught, if you know what I mean.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Does a pokémon automatically become loyal to the trainer after catching it?

In the games and in many cases within the anime the pokémon stops being hostile towards the trainer once it's been caught, if you know what I mean.

Coding or philosophical?

Coding: yes.

Philosophically: It depends. Does a Pokemon "decide" when it wants to be caught? The anime has shown cases where the Pokemon retaliate against attempting to being caught, but the anime has also depicted hostility or distaste in the Pokemon even after it has been caught. If the Pokemon is being forcibly caught, there would surely be some Pokemon who don't like the idea of being tied down by some stranger, but ultimately I think this is far and few between. Just like how humans have personalities, Pokemon do too. Some do not view friendship and loyalty very high. But lets take a nicer spin to this, and lets say that indeed the Pokemon decides if it wants to be caught or not. Those Pokemon who initially start out angry decide to be caught, even though logically that's not really in their nature. So why? I think deep down, everyone, human and Pokemon, want someone they can put all their trust into, even if it takes them a little more time than others. I think its safe to say that in the Pokemon world, most people and Pokemon are trustworthy of each other as soon as a catch happens cause they'll realize a bond is wanted.

BCVM22

In the games the pokémon stops being hostile towards the trainer once it's been caught, if you know what I mean.

Not quite. Pokémon caught in the wild and acquired in trade will obey up to the level of one's current Gym Badges. The games tend to scale one vs. the other appropriately - you're unlikely to have access to wild Pokémon that are leveled drastically higher than your Gym Badges will allow. There are some locations in Galar's Wild Area where that's not the case, but in those instances, the wild Pokémon are often a fair deal stronger than where one's team levels should be, to a degree that makes capturing them difficult.

Rune Knight

I just thought that I'd bring up a few a classic examples from the anime.

1) Caterpie was originally resilient and then became friendly towards Ash after being caught.
2) Pidgeotto was originally hostile and then became friendly towards Ash after being caught.
3) Bulbasaur was originally neutral and then became friendly towards Ash after being caught.

And then on another end:

1) Primeape was originally hostile and then continued to be hostile towards Ash after being caught.

Last edited:

BCVM22

The early episodes were replete with Ash learning lessons the hard way. Imagine if all of his early captures decided to be snotty to him.

"Pidgeotto, use Gust!"
"Screw you. How about YOU use Gust?"
"..."

"Caterpie, use String Shot!"
"B*TCH I got better things to do than sit here and spit string for your entertainment!"
"..."

*end credits*

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
There's also the off-the-cuff statement (forgot from whom) that stated that wild Pokémon challenge trainers as a test to see how good they are. A Pokémon being caught, in a sense, is an acknowledgement of the trainer's strength.

The idea is that wild Pokémon see trained Pokémon battle at a skill level far higher than they could ever reach on their own, so many wild Pokémon deliberately seek out trainers to push themselves beyond their natural limits.

This is why Legendary Pokémon can be caught too, though story-wise, it's made pretty clear in these cases that the battle to catch them is the Legendary Pokémon's test of the trainer's capabilities. Presumably, Legendary Pokémon (and possibly ordinary Pokémon) can just escape any time they wish, but they want to see how far the worthy trainer goes (which suggests they can observe the other Pokémon in the PC and the trainer doing various things when not on the team).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Do I get anything for completing the Amor Dex and if so where do I go to get it?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Do I get anything for completing the Amor Dex and if so where do I go to get it?
You get a crown that your character can wear, think you get it from the station on Isle of Armour (from the lady who gives you the Armour Dex).

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
What is the most dangerous place in the Pokémon World? (As far as we know).

You get a crown that your character can wear, think you get it from the station on Isle of Armour (from the lady who gives you the Armour Dex).
You also get the Mark Charm, which let's get "Marks" more often, and a few minor cosmetic things.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I assume that would be the Distortion World, since Giratina knows what you're doing there at all times.

Either that, or anywhere in Kalos at the time the Ultimate Weapon went off years ago.

Possibly the Ultra Warp Ride tunnel if Solgaleo or Lunala aren't there to help you.
And by extension I’m guessing the ruined city wormhole Because sooner or later Guzzlord will come after you and try to eat you and there would be no escaping it without Solgaleo or Lunala.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

nel3

Crimson Dragon
How exactly does the foreign vivillon hunt work when you travel to the actual places in those other countries? I had my 2ds location region set to Singapore?? I was trying to get meadow pattern but the 2ds didnt have that area option. For a bit during a gen 6 play through and got a non local vivillon in that file. I did reset my 2ds location to my actual location and got local pattern ie tundra. Is it the WiFi in the foreign countries that make the previous non local patterns appear or just setting the 2ds settings