• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Your region is set and locked the moment you create a Nintendo account and link it to your 3DS after initial set up. The Switch can get away from this issue slightly by having your region changed but not for the eShop because it is still linked to what you chose as your region in your Nintendo account.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Your region is set and locked the moment you create a Nintendo account and link it to your 3DS after initial set up. The Switch can get away from this issue slightly by having your region changed but not for the eShop because it is still linked to what you chose as your region in your Nintendo account.

Ty for the reply, so it's likely the internet connection ip when the 2ds is outside of the set region that triggers the other pattern to show up.

cbinetti

Kadabra is insectoid and a classic thorax and abdomen, but a mammalian or reptilian tail. What is that yellow piece at the end of the abdomen and is it connecting his abdomen to his tail?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I am in Australia and I want to add money to my 3DS, however I got it in New Zealand. What do I do?

HoopaMePlease86

Hoopa 4Life
Point of inquiry: does anyone happen to know if the Faraway Island Japenese shiny Mew had the OT and ID of the person who caught it or it had the OT of the person who caught it but some fixed ID?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How do I transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
How do I transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home?
Currently direct Go to Home transfers are not yet possible, you have to use the Let's Go games as a bridge. This restricts the Pokemon that can be transferred to the Kanto Dex (including Alolan forms), Meltan and Melmetal.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Need answers for the following:
  • How do I check my Friend Code of my Switch, so I may set up link trades on the forum towards certain requests.
  • How do I check my Friend Code on Pokemon GO? I want to try and make friends
  • Are Raid Eggs something you need to wait until they hatch to fight the Pokemon within, or not? Either way, guessing Raid Pass is mandatory
  • Strategy-wise, how should I get more people on the same raid? Is it a thing where my friends can join in?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Need answers for the following:
  • How do I check my Friend Code of my Switch, so I may set up link trades on the forum towards certain requests.
  • How do I check my Friend Code on Pokemon GO? I want to try and make friends
  • Are Raid Eggs something you need to wait until they hatch to fight the Pokemon within, or not? Either way, guessing Raid Pass is mandatory
  • Strategy-wise, how should I get more people on the same raid? Is it a thing where my friends can join in?
  • There is a Switch Account Friend code, This is found by checking out your user profile in main menu. The Code starts with SW followed by a series of numbers.
  • Tap your Character face in the bottom Left. Then tap your Friends at the top of the new screen. The Tap "Add Friend" This will both show your Trainer Code, and let your add other people to your friends list.
  • Raid Eggs will hatch on their own. The Timer will tell you when they will hatch. While raid pass is mandatory, you can obtain a free Raid Pass by spinning a Pokéstop if you don't have one, and is once per day. (The Raid Pokéstop can spun even when there is a Raid Pokemon on it.)
  • This will really depend on who is around you as most Pokémon Go Raids require them to be in range of that Pokéstop. But generally, more people the better. You can send requests to other Online players on your friends list to remotely raid help you out. I've not done a raid since they launched the Remote raid system.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Does anybody remember this old fan-site from the 2000s?

I believe it was a hybrid of comic and flash animation, it may have also had some gifs from the anime in there, too.

I don't remember the story, but the character was a boy living in Kanto who probably had glasses and seemed to be following in Ash's footsteps? I think he looked a bit like the protagonist of the Doeramon cartoon popular in Japan.

I know Ash appeared at the very end with Totodile, although it seemed like a sequel hook from what I can remember, I don't think other Johto Pokemon showed up although there is a chance the beta water starter from Gold and Silver was present.

I know for sure Mewtwo was prominent here, I even recall him flying over the ocean with the kid hanging from his feet at one point.

I seem to recall that there was a Drowzee and a Slowpoke that were parodies of Pinky and the Brain.

There was also an Omanyte that hatched from an egg, and there MAY have been some fakemon based on ants although they weren't anything like Durant from what I remember.

I don't think the site exists anymore, but I am fairly positive the name was something along the lines of "The Pokemon Page.

The site probably looked kind of like Marrilland or Pokebeach if that's helpful, I am fairly sure it had lots of blue.

Last edited:

Speedy77

Hey guys!

I’m placing an order through Sendico, ordering Japanese games and systems. So far I’ve ordered the Japanese Colosseum bonus disc, a Japanese copy of Colosseum, and Emerald/Fire Red in Japanese (plus a few other Japanese game-related goodies). My Gamecube also has a Xeno chip installed so I’ll be good to go to play them on my US GameCube. I was going to have everything shipped now that it’s all in, but wanted to ask here to see if I’m missing any worthwhile Japanese-exclusive main-line Pokemon game versions or exclusives? As far as I can tell, the Japanese Colosseum bonus disc for Celebi is the only thing super worthwhile. Any advice would be appreciated!

BCVM22

The original Pokémon Green is the only core title that was never released internationally. Even that is more novelty than noteworthy, and nothing else that falls into that category is even of equal significance to that. Individual game elements are omitted or changed on occasion, but Pokémon is simply too profitable internationally for anything with any kind of international appeal to end up skipped, and aside from small releases that are so firmly rooted in Japanese culture/infrastructure for there to be no such appeal, most of what the franchise does and makes is developed for a general enough audience to eventually see an international release.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The Japanese version of Blue is very different than what we got and also has differences in it from the Japanese version of Red.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The original Pokémon Green is the only core title that was never released internationally.

The Japanese version of Blue is very different than what we got and also has differences in it from the Japanese version of Red.

Uh, no, not quite. The only one of the Japanese gen 1 games the west actually got was Yellow, the "Red" and "Blue" released there were these weird mashups of the Japanese Red, Green and Blue. Neither of those three games were released here and all of them contain content the west never got.

Any advice would be appreciated!

What you do want to get though is a Japanese Ruby/Sapphire, since there's some exclusive e-reader content there. I'm not entirely sure if the e-reader berry cards can e scanned into FRLG/E or not, but there's a bunch of fightable trainers in Japanese RS you can challenge with the Japanese-only RS-only cards, so there's that.

BCVM22

Uh, no, not quite. The only one of the Japanese gen 1 games the west actually got was Yellow, the "Red" and "Blue" released there were these weird mashups of the Japanese Red, Green and Blue. Neither of those three games were released here and all of them contain content the west never got.

International Red and Blue were chiefly Japanese Blue's engine and sprites with Japanese Red and Green's version differences. I guess it's technically correct to say the rest of the world never got those original titles, but we also weren't really missing much besides a game engine even less polished than what we did get, and some fairly notably ugly sprite work.

Split hairs over that as we may, the point remains - not since those earliest original Generation I titles have any core titles or even any significant other titles not seen an international release.

Speedy77

Thanks for all the advice! I plan on picking up Pokémon Green as I understand the Japanese versions of Gen 1 games are super different. Thanks again!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Thanks for all the advice! I plan on picking up Pokémon Green as I understand the Japanese versions of Gen 1 games are super different. Thanks again!

In essence, how it worked was this.
*The games were originally released as a set of two, Red and Green, which differed based on what Pokemon were available.
*A third version was then released which contained various bugfixes, plus redrawn graphics and an entirely different set of available Pokemon. The Pokedex entries were all rewritten, and the Unknown Dungeon was given a new layout.

So here's how that all worked out in regards to how the games were localized as "Red and Blue":

Japanese Red: Pokemon availability set A, graphics A, Pokedex entries A, Unknown Dungeon design A
Japanese Green: Pokemon availability set B, graphics A, Pokedex entries A, Unknown Dungeon design A
Japanese Blue: Pokemon availability set C, graphics B, Pokedex entries B, Unknown Dungeon design B
Western Red: Pokemon availability set A, graphics B, Pokedex entries B, Unknown Dungeon design B
Western Blue: Pokemon availability set B, graphics B, Pokedex entries B, Unknown Dungeon design B

Since Fire Red and Leaf Green were primarily based on Red and Green, these games were the first time the west got exposed to that original set of Pokedex entries and that original Unknown Dungeon design.

So if you want to experience a game you've already played with different graphics and a slightly different map at one point (which you've already seen in FRLG), get Red or Green. if you want to experience a game you've already played with a different selection of Pokemon available to you, get Blue.

Or just get both, because they're both going to be new to you in different ways.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen