• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Then please tell me how to delete them since I can't move them.
This must be done on the Switch version!

Press ZL/ZR until you select the Red cursor option. Press A, Then down to Release. It will then ask you if you want to Release just that one, or multiple Pokémon. For Mass Releases, Press A on any one you want to get rid of and press + to release/Delete them.

A video on this topic:

Rune Knight

You white out and go back and Lysandre I guess, being the procrastinator and having the Dory short-term memory loss he has challenges you again and is not one step closer to rewriting humanity... how convenient

So his goal can never be accomplished either way? Damn, that must suck for him.

Orphalesion

And that is different from the vast majority of games....how? Very few Video games (Pokémon or no Pokémon) have anything special happen if you lose to the main antagonist, so why should Lysandre be an exception?

Rune Knight

And that is different from the vast majority of games....how? Very few Video games (Pokémon or no Pokémon) have anything special happen if you lose to the main antagonist, so why should Lysandre be an exception?

Well as far as I know the other Pokémon antagonists aren't deliberately aiming to commit mass murder.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Well as far as I know the other Pokémon antagonists aren't deliberately aiming to commit mass murder.
Didn't Ghetsis plan to end creation or something? (I skipped Gen 4)
Plus in other RPGs the Antagonists often do and there the same happens as in Pokemon, you just get bumped back to the last safepoint and you challenge the antagonist again.
Like every antagonist in Final Fantasy plans some variation of destroying the world/universe/all life/existence itself and out of the whole series, with all spinn-offs and everything only Final Fantasy X-2 shows what happens if the main antagonist wins.

Rune Knight

Plus in other RPGs the Antagonists often do and there the same happens as in Pokemon, you just get bumped back to the last safepoint and you challenge the antagonist again.
Like every antagonist in Final Fantasy plans some variation of destroying the world/universe/all life/existence itself and out of the whole series, with all spinn-offs and everything only Final Fantasy X-2 shows what happens if the main antagonist wins.

In FF and most other rpgs you usually get a message saying "You have died." or something along those lines. In Pokémon you get "You have blacked out.". I believe that Ghetsis' goal was originally to take over Unova. Haven't played B2/W2 so I'm unsure if it remained.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
That was Cyrus who wanted to end creation as we know it and create his own world in his own image. Ghetsis was the manipulative abusive madman that wanted to become a dictator by using his brainwashing ability to convince people everywhere to release their Pokémon because he claimed Pokémon were far happier without humans and by becoming successful in this deception, Ghetsis could take over Unova and eventually the world because there would be nothing in his way to stop him. Ghetsis is sort of like PETA where he claims capturing Pokémon is cruel and yet behind the scenes he abuses them and even forces them to build the Plasma Castle and act like slaves. Ghetsis is the most evil character ever to be in the Pokémon franchise as not even Giovanni would Pokémon to become slaves for his own purposes.

Akashin

I mean, it's not like he can win. Even if you lose, magical White Out technology would whisk you away before he could reclaim Xerneas/Yveltal from you. And he can't fire the weapon without them.

Ghetsis is the most evil character ever to be in the Pokémon franchise as not even Giovanni would Pokémon to become slaves for his own purposes.

Ehh... I have a lot of trouble believing Ghetsis did anything Giovanni wouldn't, given the means. Giovanni very directly states his intent to obtain all Pokemon and use them to rule the world; it's basically the same thing. We get a far closer look at what all of that entails with Ghetsis than we do Giovanni, but I don't think their characters actually differ much.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Ehh... I have a lot of trouble believing Ghetsis did anything Giovanni wouldn't, given the means. Giovanni very directly states his intent to obtain all Pokemon and use them to rule the world; it's basically the same thing. We get a far closer look at what all of that entails with Ghetsis than we do Giovanni, but I don't think their characters actually differ much.
Giovanni is far different from Ghetsis as the latter’s comments in the RR Episode of USUM state that he sees Giovanni as being weak and easy to dispose of so that he, Ghetsis, could gain the technology of the Aether Foundation to create more wormholes so that he could invade more worlds and take over them all. Giovanni only had interest in controlling an underground criminal empire. He sort already has domination over Kanto and Johto via criminal overlord. Mewtwo was created to be the most powerful Pokémon to ever exist and not world domination. Ghetsis was obsessed with world domination and abused N and his followers if they upset him. Why would Giovanni want to be a dictator and control the world when he can secretly control the world’s economy which would be far more successful? All of the world’s financial resources would be mostly done by computers and it’d be easy for Giovanni to find a way to control everything.

Rune Knight

Oh I guess you meant Cyrus as someone else pointed out. Yeah, putting it that way one could argue that he is more maniacal than Lysandre who only seeks human annihilation while Cyrus indirectly aims to destroy all life.

Orphalesion

In FF and most other rpgs you usually get a message saying "You have died." or something along those lines. In Pokémon you get "You have blacked out."

You also get to keep any new levels you reached during the fight. But functionally the effect is the same, you get bumped back to the last "safe point" (Pokemon centre) to try again. It's just abstraction, that's also why they spout the same dialogue (in most cases?) when you confront them again.

Rune Knight

You also get to keep any new levels you reached during the fight. But functionally the effect is the same, you get bumped back to the last "safe point" (Pokemon centre) to try again. It's just abstraction, that's also why they spout the same dialogue (in most cases?) when you confront them again.

Or maybe you just find yourself in a new reality, if you believe in infinite timelines within the Pokémon Universe.

So I'm confused on this question, is Delphox Mahoxy or Mafoxy? I'm trying to put the Japanese Pokemon names in Romanized form in Alphabetical Order but I'm not sure which spelling is correct for Delphox's Latin Lettered Japanese name.

BCVM22

Bulbapedia lists Mahoxy as the official romanization (as does Serebii), from "madōshi (mage), mahō (magic), and foxy," and if I were uncertain I'd be inclined to believe their entries.