• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Rune Knight

It is entirely possible that the method of release is somehow 'breaking' the link between the Pokemon and the pokeball, as this situation would indicate. It doesn't contradict the overarching idea that so long as a Pokemon is 'owned', it is tied to a given pokeball, and others would therefore fail against it (excusing situations like the balls in Mewtwo Strikes Back, which by design circumvent that).

In Greninja's case, wasn't there a scene showing that Ash still had its pokeball? In any event, I don't think Greninja is any more released than Charizard was; it's just not in a fixed location to be called upon from. It was ceremonially released, but it is still owned by Ash and in theory could reunite with and rejoin him.

Something else that strikes me is what if the trainer loses their pokemon's pokeball? Which I mean, wouldn't be uncommon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Something else that strikes me is what if the trainer loses their pokemon's pokeball? Which I mean, wouldn't be uncommon.

funny you should mention that, when they send the pokemon out/throw the ball. who the heck picks up the balls after they left the ball to battle, the trainer rarely leaves their standing box and somehow has the ball on them to recall them.. say the now empty ball rolls down a hill or finds its way to a place where its lost forever?

what about that pokemon that TR?? had that was stored in a shoe box with a pokemon still in it for years you'd think the pokemon would be more than starving and maybe dead after being stuck in a ball for such a very long time.

i havent really been keeping up with the new anime but have any other characters from previous series returned? there was Korrina from Kalos and her grandpa.

Rune Knight

funny you should mention that, when they send the pokemon out/throw the ball. who the heck picks up the balls after they left the ball to battle, the trainer rarely leaves their standing box and somehow has the ball on them to recall them.. say the now empty ball rolls down a hill or finds its way to a place where its lost forever?

what about that pokemon that TR?? had that was stored in a shoe box with a pokemon still in it for years you'd think the pokemon would be more than starving and maybe dead after being stuck in a ball for such a very long time.

i havent really been keeping up with the new anime but have any other characters from previous series returned? there was Korrina from Kalos and her grandpa.

I remember at least in the original series, the pokeball would fly back to their hand after the pokemon was called out as seen in this clip right here:

From 0:15 - 0:18

Not sure if the trend continued throughout the following series.

I think that pokemon have the will to come out of a ball on their own. If their pokeball is stored inside some small apartment, they would probably end up breaking it given their size.

As for your question: yes, surprisingly. The current series covers every core series region throughout the franchise so some previous characters have made their appearance or have at least been mentioned.; with the most notable example in my opinion being Mewtwo from the first movie.

It has been stated that more characters will return in the future.

TwilightBlade

The scene would be in the first episode of the Sun and Moon series. There's a flashback showing how Ash, his mom Delia and the family's Mr. Mime got into Alola. There it shows them winning tickets for the trip and then Ash leaving five pokéballs with Oak. People assume those are the Kalos team's pokéballs though there wasn't neither confirmation nor denial of that being the case.

Even if one of those Pokeballs was Greninja's what difference does that make? I mean for all intents and purposes he's been released right? I don't watch the cartoon anymore but I did skim through some episode reviews when the Kalos series was ending so I know that Greninja was left behind to destroy some vines in Kalos.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I remember at least in the original series, the pokeball would fly back to their hand after the pokemon was called out as seen in this clip right here:

From 0:15 - 0:18

Not sure if the trend continued throughout the following series.

I think that pokemon have the will to come out of a ball on their own. If their pokeball is stored inside some small apartment, they would probably end up breaking it given their size.

As for your question: yes, surprisingly. The current series covers every core series region throughout the franchise so some previous characters have made their appearance or have at least been mentioned.; with the most notable example in my opinion being Mewtwo from the first movie.

It has been stated that more characters will return in the future.

ah, that must be anime logic... you'd think the rebound angle would make a big difference presuming the ball his the floor/grass/surface.

its a bit surprising that the pokemon stored away for years didnt break out on its own and was perfectly fine. Misty's psyduck is known to break out so thats possbile if the pokemon is in real crisis to get out and find food. then again anime logic that it can survive for years in a ball.

i was hoping for more Kalos characters to show up again ie ash-greninja (highly unlikely) and Serena and also Dawn. that piplup episode gave a fair amount of false hope Dawn would be back... it would be great to see ash's Lucario mega evolve but given the gimmick this season/generation its highly unlikely... though i guess i have to settle for Korrinna and het grandpa for the time being, that eps was great to say the least.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Even if one of those Pokeballs was Greninja's what difference does that make? I mean for all intents and purposes he's been released right? I don't watch the cartoon anymore but I did skim through some episode reviews when the Kalos series was ending so I know that Greninja was left behind to destroy some vines in Kalos.

I think most viewers presume that if Satoshi (Ash) still has Gekkouga's (Greninja's) Monster Ball (Poke Ball), that it means he's likely to return in the future. Which is probable, but I don't think we ever found out what Satoshi did with the Monster Balls of his other released Pokemon prior to the XY saga.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Was it confirmed whether or not New Pokemon Snap has co-op or not?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Ok so if I wanted to do a system transfer from one 3ds to another in order to bring my paid for theme across how does that affect poke bank? So Ds 1 has theme, Ds 2 has bank does it affect anything in any way?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok so if I wanted to do a system transfer from one 3ds to another in order to bring my paid for theme across how does that affect poke bank? So Ds 1 has theme, Ds 2 has bank does it affect anything in any way?
The Transfer Function moves your 3DS to another console. All your old stuff on the receiving 3DS is dependant on having a NNID on said console. If you have a NNID, it will be wiped. It it doesn't have a NNID, all purchases will just need to be downloaded again after transfering.

The 3DS with Bank will have a NNID as having a NNID is a requirement for download Bank. Your 3DS with a paid Theme will totally depend on if you have a NNID on it.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Does anyone know how to update/renew your subscription for Pokemon HOME? Mine expires for the Nintendo Switch version on February 10, 2021 at 6:47 PM.

poe_keeper

Does anyone know how to update/renew your subscription for Pokemon HOME? Mine expires for the Nintendo Switch version on February 10, 2021 at 6:47 PM.

I believe it automatically renews unless you cancel your subscription. I received an email from Google Play Store last week saying they will automatically charge me unless I cancel.

Last edited:

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I believe it automatically renews unless you cancel your subscription. I received an email from Google Play Store last week saying they will automatically charge me unless I cancel.

I have mine on non-automatic/manual renewal.

poe_keeper

I have mine on non-automatic/manual renewal.

You would have to purchase again after your subscription ends. You would just log back into your Home account after that. Your Pokemon would not be deleted or anything. You may receive an email warning you that your subscription will end unless you renew. You may be able to renew that way.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Should I get any of the Virtual Console games? If so, which one (RBY, GSC) should I get? I have $40 in GameStop credit, so I can easily use that on my 3DS.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I've always wondered how Brionne's name is pronounced. Is it pronounced like "Bryony" or "briny" (which would make sense as it's a Water-type), or is it "Bree-on"? Do bear in mind that I haven't watched any of the Sun & Moon anime.

Should I get any of the Virtual Console games? If so, which one (RBY, GSC) should I get? I have $40 in GameStop credit, so I can easily use that on my 3DS.

I'd probably get GSC as they're less glitchy than RBY (and Johto for the win!), but if I were to get one of the Gen 1 VC games, Yellow would probably be the best choice as it's a little more "polished" than RB. It was my first Pokémon game, too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've always read as "Ar-see-us". If I recall that's what the japanese dub had used for Arceus' movie appearances.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've always read as "Ar-see-us". If I recall that's what the japanese dub had used for Arceus' movie appearances.
I have too. It just seems like it's pronounced that way.