• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Orphalesion

Do you think there are too many pokémon?
That's an oxymoron. There can never be "too many" Pokemon

As to how many should be introduced. I'm longing for the days when we got 100+ new Pokemon each Gen, the last several gens have been too small for me and I think the smaller number of new Pokemon each gen often has a negative impact on the type distribution among the number that gets introduced, such as Gen 6 when the only new Bug type was a stupid bug/flying butterfly.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I love gen 5 because it having so many options allowed for restarting the games with new teams of new pokémon-only.

jakepkmn

Me and my partner are both trying to get a galarian slowpoke for the event.

I went online and it says to either do one of the tasks for the events, use a lure module, or get it in a raid.

There's no option for tasks under the event, it just shows what the reward is for finding and evolving all the the slowpokes. We used multiple lure modules already. Don't see any in raids. Idk what else to do

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Those PoGo events are so idiotic. The only reason I even completed is because I had some slowpoke stored for future evolution exp point gain and it was easy enough to do it. I was lucky to run across a raid that had the galarian variant.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If I am a best friend with someone, what is the range I am able to trade with someone?

Mukouno

I have a question regarding the Sword/Shield DLC Codes. So I ordered a bunch of plushies from Japan and I guess as a bonus the seller put in a japanese DLC Code (it's a card with a silver line to rub of... I hope you know what I mean), would that code only work with japanese games or can be used for any versions?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I have a question regarding the Sword/Shield DLC Codes. So I ordered a bunch of plushies from Japan and I guess as a bonus the seller put in a japanese DLC Code (it's a card with a silver line to rub of... I hope you know what I mean), would that code only work with japanese games or can be used for any versions?
As far as I know, Japanese codes can only be used with Japanese-region user accounts. So while the games and Switch do not have to be Japanese per say, because minor bonus promotional content is assumed to be distributed locally and ought not to be made available outside of the designated regions, it is nevertheless limited to players associated with a given region.

I say this because other electronic software management systems like PlayStation Network handle all extra content according to region. For example, while I can play JPN-region PS games on an NA-region Sony console without issue, it will not allow me to apply code-based DLC to games unless I do so with a Japanese-region PSN account. From my experience with the Japanese Nintendo E-Shop, I believe this is the case with Nintendo accounts as well.

In short, unless your user profile is Japanese, you're out of luck. DLC like that can only be applied to a single account and its associated game files; and I know for a fact one cannot create a Japanese Nintendo user account in hopes of bringing the DLC to game data associated with a different-region user profile. Sorry!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone else think Octillery may be partly based on a Tako/octopus shaped sausages?

I know it was originally based on a tank, but after seeing tako countless times in anime I feel the final design may have used the snack as a reference, especially since there are several times in both the show & Detective Pikachu where Octillery was featured at stands that sell those kinds of snacks (either as a chef or as the inspiration for them).

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Does anyone else think Octillery may be partly based on a Tako/octopus shaped sausages?

I know it was originally based on a tank, but after seeing tako countless times in anime I feel the final design may have used the snack as a reference, especially since there are several times in both the show & Detective Pikachu where Octillery was featured at stands that sell those kinds of snacks (either as a chef or as the inspiration for them).
It could be.

I remember seeing a clip from old Japanese TV show Pokémon Smash or Pokémon Sunday where one of the host eat one and then yelled something about Okutank.. which is Octillery's Japanese name.

So apparently according to r/Digimon on Reddit... "If Porygon is a Artificial Pokémon, Does it mean Porygon is a Digimon?", Not sure how It is asked on Serebii Forums already but the context is that, it's based on Pokémon Anime and Porygon got banned from the Pokémon Anime after The Electric Soldier Porygon Incident of 1997.

Would Porygon be considered a Half-Digimon but Fully a Pokémon?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What does Pikachu have to do with the question you made?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Transform copies all of the opponent's stats except HP. Imposter is basically an immediate use of Transform. Shedinja consistently has 1 HP

Ditto uses Transform against Shedinja. A Ditto with the Imposter ability also goes up against Shedinja in a 1 v 1 battle.

What happens to Ditto's HP stat?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Transform copies all of the opponent's stats except HP. Imposter is basically an immediate use of Transform. Shedinja consistently has 1 HP

Ditto uses Transform against Shedinja. A Ditto with the Imposter ability also goes up against Shedinja in a 1 v 1 battle.

What happens to Ditto's HP stat?
Ditto keeps the Ditto's own Current HP and Max HP stats. HP is the only stat that doesn't change, when Transform or Imposter is used.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Makes for some interesting strategies. Granted Ditto is a bit weak but what if the one who uses Transform on Shedinja is Mew? It has better HP stat and with Wonder Guard, it can be quite a threat in the right situation.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Talk about Roms aren't allowed here on the forums.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Makes for some interesting strategies. Granted Ditto is a bit weak but what if the one who uses Transform on Shedinja is Mew? It has better HP stat and with Wonder Guard, it can be quite a threat in the right situation.

True. Shedinja isn't really a great Pokémon. The only sure fire way to get this working is in doubles. While Ditto gets an Attack boost, it really can't take much in the way of damage, as it has Shedinja's defense stats. Shedinjas' best stat Attack 90 is worse than Mew's 100, so unless you know the other team can't damage you it's a more or less worse option..

I'd check the Forums rules.