• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Makes for some interesting strategies. Granted Ditto is a bit weak but what if the one who uses Transform on Shedinja is Mew? It has better HP stat and with Wonder Guard, it can be quite a threat in the right situation.
I mean yeah, but Ditto has to rely on the Transform strategy while Mew has a thousand and one stratagems

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Can someone clarify something for me. In the SwSh pokedex why do several pokemon simply not appear in the search function? For example, even though I have a fully completed pokedex in game and in home I type in 'Blaziken' or 'Mew' and it doesn't appear in the list despite them sitting in my pc boxes. Why is this?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can someone clarify something for me. In the SwSh pokedex why do several pokemon simply not appear in the search function? For example, even though I have a fully completed pokedex in game and in home I type in 'Blaziken' or 'Mew' and it doesn't appear in the list despite them sitting in my pc boxes. Why is this?
Certain Pokémon available in SwSh don’t have Pokédex entries despite being available in the games as they’re not native to the region. This group includes the Alola starters, Hoenn starters, all the Dynamax Adventure exclusive Legendaries, and all transfer exclusive Mythicals. Here’s a list from this website: https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/pokemonnotindex.shtml

Finneon

Beautifly of the Sea
I saw this Tweet where someone made a comic out of this scene in Pokémon Ruby where Maxie and a grunt dive into the water to escape to their hideout. I never played Ruby, but did play Emerald, and can’t say I can recall this scene. I don’t really remember if I ever saw it in my Alpha Sapphire either.

twitter.com/so_dattamono/status/1430891879579545608?s=21

Does anyone know if this scene actually happens in Ruby, and does something similar happen with Archie in Sapphire as well? And does this scene appear in ORAS too?

Rune Knight

Does Gamefreak/Nintendo boost production on certain game versions if they expect it to sell more than its counterpart?

For example. If more people are talking about purchasing Diamond over Pearl, do they make more copies of them?

BCVM22

No. Tracking what "people are talking about" would be difficult, nebulous, and unreliable, at best. They produce the paired games in what I imagine are roughly equal numbers.

Rune Knight

No. Tracking what "people are talking about" would be difficult, nebulous, and unreliable, at best. They produce the paired games in what I imagine are roughly equal numbers.

Is it a problem for them if one version ends up selling more than the other? Do they try to advocate balance between the sales numbers of each version or is it just a go with the flow type response to supply and demand?

Akashin

Is it a problem for them if one version ends up selling more than the other? Do they try to advocate balance between the sales numbers of each version or is it just a go with the flow type response to supply and demand?
I highly doubt they care which of a paired set of Pokemon games sell more; their sales volume is combined when determining overall sales anyway. I imagine they care as much about that as Nintendo does about one color of a given system being more popular than another.

To answer your question regarding whether one version outselling another is a problem to them, no, I expect that it isn't.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The one exception may be if a retailer requests more of a particular game than another. That's their only real way of keeping track with hard numbers.

To my knowledge, when they DO keep track (such as eShop sales numbers), there hasn't been an instance of one version far outselling another one. Sword and Shield is as pronounced as it's ever been, and even then retailers seem to have no problem keeping both of them in roughly even numbers.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Are Pokedex entries canon or ever confirmed to be literal?
I know Bulbapedia is strictly unofficial but generally it's right and can be different to what the pokedex states.

ncowan

newbie here. i have a question

i have an active pokemon which is a Rillaboom V that has 190 damage already on it then i attack with my Rillaboom V using Wood Hammer on an opponent's pokemon that has 200hp left . Will the attack kill my Rillaboom first or will it kill the opponent's pokemon first?

Rillaboom V second attack goes as follows

Attack 2:[1GGG] Wood Hammer (220)
This Pokemon also does 30 damage to itself

DarkSerpent

Silent Observer
Hey, anybody know anything I dont about when/if the next pokemon games will allow all the pokemon to come back? I have been on silent rebellion since ultra sun and moon... I have bred many shiny pokemon via the masuda method, 21 to be exact, and I'm working on the 22nd... They take a lot of time. Finding my 5 perfect IV ditto via chaining was a lot of time... I have bred a single perfect 6 IV pokemon, only the one... Most of my Masuda Shinies are 5 perfect IV +...

But more than half of them are not compatible with the new generation.

I've never not had the new system and the new game and new strategy guide for any pokemon game until that happened.

I know this makes me seem like the grumpy old man, and you've all probably heard it before...

But... I'm eager to migrate my meager collection forward, all of them. I am also eager to keep working on them.

Thank you for your time. I am hopeful that my pokemon get to have the dust knocked off an brought back to the battle.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Hey, anybody know anything I dont about when/if the next pokemon games will allow all the pokemon to come back? I have been on silent rebellion since ultra sun and moon... I have bred many shiny pokemon via the masuda method, 21 to be exact, and I'm working on the 22nd... They take a lot of time. Finding my 5 perfect IV ditto via chaining was a lot of time... I have bred a single perfect 6 IV pokemon, only the one... Most of my Masuda Shinies are 5 perfect IV +...

But more than half of them are not compatible with the new generation.

I've never not had the new system and the new game and new strategy guide for any pokemon game until that happened.

I know this makes me seem like the grumpy old man, and you've all probably heard it before...

But... I'm eager to migrate my meager collection forward, all of them. I am also eager to keep working on them.

Thank you for your time. I am hopeful that my pokemon get to have the dust knocked off an brought back to the battle.

We currently have no information that would suggest a change of plans. The two games we know about are a remake (Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl) which we have seen Pokémon not in the normal DP dex, but not anything past 493. The other (Legends: Arceus) is a single player experience which we know little about. All Pokémon can be in Pokémon Home.

DarkSerpent

Silent Observer
Thank you for your time. I will continue existing on the platforms I have. I will check back after the Arceus saga has been out a bit. Again, much appreciated.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
newbie here. i have a question

i have an active pokemon which is a Rillaboom V that has 190 damage already on it then i attack with my Rillaboom V using Wood Hammer on an opponent's pokemon that has 200hp left . Will the attack kill my Rillaboom first or will it kill the opponent's pokemon first?

Rillaboom V second attack goes as follows

Attack 2:[1GGG] Wood Hammer (220)
This Pokemon also does 30 damage to itself
When a Pokémon does an attack that causes both it and the target to get knocked out in the Trading Card Game, the attacking Pokémon is knocked out first, then the target.

Bear in mind that this isn't like the video games where this decides a win or a loss. If both of you have only one Prize Card left, the match is a draw. If a winner and loser must be decided (such as at a tournament), it goes to Sudden Death.

Monox D. I-Fly

When a Pokémon does an attack that causes both it and the target to get knocked out in the Trading Card Game, the attacking Pokémon is knocked out first, then the target.
This is the reason why Pukyumuku has became memetic in my regional TCG community.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Does the Pokémon obedience level limit that comes with Badges apply to your own Pokémon (i.e. those you caught and raised yourself), or does it only apply to those who were obtained via trade? Does it apply to Pokémon who were transferred from a previous generation (e.g. X/Y to Sun/Moon) too?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does the Pokémon obedience level limit that comes with Badges apply to your own Pokémon (i.e. those you caught and raised yourself), or does it only apply to those who were obtained via trade? Does it apply to Pokémon who were transferred from a previous generation (e.g. X/Y to Sun/Moon) too?
A Pokémon you caught will always obey you. So even if you spent the tedious amount of time to grind your Charmander to a level 100 Charizard on Route 1, it would still obey you. A Pokémon would disobey you if it’s over the obedience level & you’re not its original Trainer. The OT is unique to every save file so even if you traded your overleveled Pokémon to/from another game/generation, it would still disobey you as your Trainer ID is different.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
A Pokémon would disobey you if it’s over the obedience level & you’re not its original Trainer. The OT is unique to every save file so even if you traded your overleveled Pokémon to/from another game/generation, it would still disobey you as your Trainer ID is different.

Even if your name is the same as in the other game?