• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Even if your name is the same as in the other game?
Yes. The game has no true way of knowing if the copy of Sun you’re using belongs to the same person who’s playing Sword. Obedience is tied to the Trainer ID, not the name. That way even if two people that were trading had the same name, the game could use the Pokémon’s ID to tell who was the original Trainer.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Is Alto Mare (PokéVenice from the 5th movie) supposed to be in Johto? Because that would give me yet another reason for it to be my favorite region :)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Remember when Pokemon V came to the tcg and the trailer had Zekrom looking up to the new hidden 330HP pokemon? What did that pokemon actually turn out to be? One of the legendary dogs?

Why are there no Actual Dolphin Pokémon in Pokémon universe?

I know it's a stupid question but still... Any explanation on why there are No Dolphin Pokémon?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

I know it's a stupid question but still... Any explanation on why there are No Dolphin Pokémon?
I don't know, why haven't they made an aye-aye a Pokemon yet?

The answers the same, they haven't reached all possible animals.

Monox D. I-Fly

I don't know, why haven't they made an aye-aye a Pokemon yet?

The answers the same, they haven't reached all possible animals.
The thing is, not all people know what an aye-aye is while almost everyone, including toddlers, know what a dolphin is.

(Though, technically, if you count Kyogre as an orca, then it is a dolphin)

Taherzad

I think this is out of logic. Why would poison be weak to psyquic moves? Of course it make sense for fight type pokemon be weak to psyquic(and psyquic resist figthing since paranormal skills outgrow physical strenght) but I believe that psyquic should actually be weak to Poison because the brain is the first organ that many poisons and toxins attack. But it could be that the brain power could be smart enough to create antidotes(this is true) I think that the Pokemon developers made it that way in order to psyquic moves to be more useful. But the psyquic type already have ones of the most powerfuk moves in the games since Generation 1.

But Poison is already one of the best defensive type by both experience and reading the Pokemon Wiki. So it must be an issue of the balancing of the types. In generation 1

Did I answered my own question?

Perlgia

Space Ruling Guy
"Pokémon introduced in Generation IV have Pal Park locations and score values programmed in, even though they cannot be migrated from Generation III."

... does anybody know where you can look up this data? Obviously most lists don't include this because it's not important for nomal gameplay, but I think it's still interesting for categorizing Pokémon (I loved the Habitat list in FRLG, for example).

(Source: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Pal_Park_location )

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
How do you get Yanmega to appear at the ruins in jungle night? It's the only thing I'm missing. 1 guide says just play melody after scaring the birds off 1 guide says just hit the yanmega at the start and play melody Another guide says awaken both Yanmegas before you get to the ruins then chase birds off then play melody. I can't get any of this to work I can only find 1 yanmega in the tress before the ruins despite on lv.2. This is ridiculous. What do i do?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Ignoring Kyogre (because most people don't think killer whale when thinking dolphin) they might feel it's just too obvious and/or don't know what they want to do with it. Even in Gen I you got things like a pangolin

Orphalesion

I mean it took us till Gen 5 to finally get a zebra and a hippopotamus Pokemon. Till gen 6 to get a goat Pokemon and a lion Pokemon everybody would recognize as such, as well as a t-rex Pokemon (particularly interesting when there's at least three sauropod Pokemon; Meganium, Tropius and Aurorus). Till gen 7 to a koala or a toucan Pokemon... Also till gen 7 to get a proper wolf Pokemon. Till gen 8 to get centipede and gorilla Pokemon.

Aside from a bottlenose dolphin (which is what people mean when they ask for a dolphin Pokemon, so people can really stop bringing up Kyogre) there's still several other "popular" animals that don't have pokemon yet. For example; we lack a peacock Pokemon, nor do we have a hummingbird (no, cutiefly is based on a bee fly) a manatee, a capybara, a narwhal, a housefly (you'd think that'd be the most basic bug pokemon), no leech, no mosquito, no earthworm, no swordfish...

There are heaps of well known and popular animals that aren't Pokemon yet, while some more obscure ones are. And there can be many reasons for that; maybe they liked other animals/plants/concepts better, maybe they want to pace themselves with the "popular" animals, maybe they wait for a really good idea etc. etc. etc.

Same with type combination. There's still no Bug/Dark type, for example after 8 generations worth of Pokemon and other type combination (such as normal/flying and rock/water) being re-peated ad nausem.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I mean it took us till Gen 5 to finally get a zebra and a hippopotamus Pokemon. Till gen 6 to get a goat Pokemon and a lion Pokemon everybody would recognize as such, as well as a t-rex Pokemon (particularly interesting when there's at least three sauropod Pokemon; Meganium, Tropius and Aurorus). Till gen 7 to a koala or a toucan Pokemon... Also till gen 7 to get a proper wolf Pokemon. Till gen 8 to get centipede and gorilla Pokemon.
Hippowdon was gen 4, and Scolipede existed before Centiskorch, therefore we had a centiped in gen 5.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Aside from a bottlenose dolphin (which is what people mean when they ask for a dolphin Pokemon, so people can really stop bringing up Kyogre) there's still several other "popular" animals that don't have pokemon yet. For example; we lack a peacock Pokemon, nor do we have a hummingbird (no, cutiefly is based on a bee fly) a manatee, a capybara, a narwhal, a housefly (you'd think that'd be the most basic bug pokemon), no leech, no mosquito, no earthworm, no swordfish...

There are heaps of well known and popular animals that aren't Pokemon yet, while some more obscure ones are. And there can be many reasons for that; maybe they liked other animals/plants/concepts better, maybe they want to pace themselves with the "popular" animals, maybe they wait for a really good idea etc. etc. etc.

Same with type combination. There's still no Bug/Dark type, for example after 8 generations worth of Pokemon and other type combination (such as normal/flying and rock/water) being re-peated ad nausem.
I just want to point out that Buzzwole is a Pokémon based off a mosquito.

Still, it took until Generation VII for there to be one, accompanied by the equally obvious cockroach themed Pokémon.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Why does the y comm not work inside Mt.Coronet? BdSp

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

PokePlayer23

Is this Alakazam hacked? I think it is because it says “Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from a distant land in the good old days.”
Lvl. 15
Timid
OT Gold
ID # 25797
Characteristic: somewhat vain
Pokeball
Stats: 46HP 47SpA 18ATK 38SpD 21Def 49Speed. BestHP, pretty good SoA, Decent ATK, Best SpD, pretty good Defense, and Best speed.
Shiny
I received it from a wonder trade.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can someone please explain the Candice meme where people don’t remember her name? I’ve seen it on YouTube, Twitter, & Reddit but I have no idea what the point or the joke are supposed to be

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
How are supposed to know which contest to enter when it doesn't tell you what category each move is any

In the og it told you the moves type and their contest eft

Last edited by a moderator:

Kidbuu

So while trading with other trainers in Pokemon Brilliant
I've seen people be all kinds of characters, such as the Guitarist, and Hiker. And other awesome characters.

Is this a cheat? Cause i can't find anything about it. And i've never had the option my self.