• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Rebellion

Meep

ok.
I just finished reading all the chapters, and I must say, this is a very, very good fic. The only thing that I'm complaining about is that Tory seems to be a bit flat - you might want to work on her a little more.

But, I have to say - my favorite charactar is Baboba. All he negativeness shows that he is still strong even in the face of all the doom and dispear that is currently happening. All because he shows his bravery by replacing fear with light insults doesn't mean that he is a total jerk. Or maybe he is. In either case, you should keep Baboba, 'cause he's cool :cool:

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Hello everyone!

Wow, a ton of people reviewed this chapter! Glad everyone liked it.

Debates:

Baboba. So many mixed feelings on him...he's definately a love-him or hate-him character. But he isn't evil. His sarcastic nature does make him cruel and insensitive, but he is by no means an evil pokemon. He's too lazy to be evil XD. Alex on the other hand...I'll leave that to your imaginations. ;)

To respond to the people who said that the Mudkip line is always portrayed as stupid...that wasn't what I was intending at all. My favourite Hoenn starter is Mudkip, and I wanted to give it a part in the story. The personality is recieved was the one intended for the character. It would have been the same personality if it had been a Treecko or Torchic. I don't think the Mudkip line is stupid at all. They rule. ^_^. Plus, I know Breezy has a character in her fics called Muddy who is a Swampert, but that was just co-incidence. I needed a really stupid name for the Mudkip. It's Alex. Come on. ^_~

Lance and violence...another very mixed issue dependant on personal opinion...I can't really classify anyone as right or wrong in this case. It's how you think that decides your opinion, and I can't change it.

To all my new readers, thankyou so much for taking the time to read this story! I truly hope you enjoy it! ^_^

To all my regulars, thanks for being so loyal! I keep writing for you guys! ^_^

Next chapter has been started, but I don't think it'll be up for a while.

Later!

-;157;

The PikaMew Fanatic

Go go Poké-Rangers!
Typhlogirl said:
Baboba. So many mixed feelings on him...he's definately a love-him or hate-him character. But he isn't evil. His sarcastic nature does make him cruel and insensitive, but he is by no means an evil pokemon. He's too lazy to be evil XD. Alex on the other hand...I'll leave that to your imaginations.
I agree. Baboba isn't evil, only stupid and insensitive.

Typhlogirl said:
To respond to the people who said that the Mudkip line is always portrayed as stupid...that wasn't what I was intending at all. My favourite Hoenn starter is Mudkip, and I wanted to give it a part in the story. The personality is recieved was the one intended for the character. It would have been the same personality if it had been a Treecko or Torchic. I don't think the Mudkip line is stupid at all. They rule. ^_^. Plus, I know Breezy has a character in her fics called Muddy who is a Swampert, but that was just co-incidence. I needed a really stupid name for the Mudkip. It's Alex. Come on. ^_~
The Mudkip line is one of my favorite starter lines. Swampert rules! ^__^

Typhlogirl said:
Lance and violence...another very mixed issue dependant on personal opinion...I can't really classify anyone as right or wrong in this case. It's how you think that decides your opinion, and I can't change it.
No comment... @_@

Typhlogirl said:
To all my new readers, thankyou so much for taking the time to read this story! I truly hope you enjoy it! ^_^

To all my regulars, thanks for being so loyal! I keep writing for you guys! ^_^
You're welcome! ^__^

Typhlogirl said:
Next chapter has been started, but I don't think it'll be up for a while.

Later!

-
Take your time. The next chapter will be worth the wait.

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
*Pants* Finally, I got to where all of you are!

All right. I made a crappy review ovr there at Poketalk (I think) so I'm going to make this one in-depth.

Let's start from the beginning, shall we? I liked the early days when the main characters were being introduced. There was Larmo, one of the most interesting characters personality-wise. He always liked to take charge, and had two sides - the cynical & bloodthirsty and the kind & polite. Who couldn't love him! Then Kenda. The inexperienced beginner who got the position of gang leader plonked on him. Great stuff! There was Nero, the one who was the nicest to have for company and probably the one I enjoyed second-most. And then Boudaika! What a character! Female but a perfect example of how the two genders are pretty much the same! The first time I saw how great she was was when she rescued Leclec the awesomely cute Pichu. That incident was also a very witty way to incorporate Shockz into the story, but anyways, then, when all of the other Pokemon were panicking on the S. S. Tidal (genius, considering they were the ones who treated Mr. Briney so badly that he himself made a grasp for freedom), common sense aka Boudaika's simple logic of reading the manual saved the day. I was a bit angered when you drowned Peeko amd Mr. Briney, but, then again, even if they had not rebelled against the rebellers, so to say, the Pokemon still couldn't have left them alive. I soon picked up on the pattern - three (or four) teams of humans would come and each would take the life of one character; TR killed Boudaika (I still want to torture you until you think life's not worth living anymore for that), idiotic, sadistic Lance killed Nero, Sammy and Ms. Cute will kill Kenda and Larmo will be left to his former trainer, Alex. Then, their leader gone, the rest of the rebellion will fall apart.

Am I right?

BTW, the fire's probably going to weaken the Rebellion forces and their morale even more before the final blow, isn't it?

I give this thread:

;373; ;373; ;373; ;373; ;372; ;374; Four Salamence, a Shelgon and a Beldum, roughly 4 1/2 out of 5. Sorry, I looked for a Bagon, but I couldn't find any.

T

Teddiursa Warrior

When I first came to this site this was the first story I read and its great
;216; yay to Typhlogirl yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
;283; I like it too but the bloody bits make me cry
;056; weakling fwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
;216; thats true
;283; what do you mean Sweela you had to leave the room twenty times in one chapter
;216; thats not true
;283; boo
;216; AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
I completely understand Baboba's sentiments and think toward (though not in) a similar fashion. If physical pain can be so strong and/or so long-lasting that people would rather die than live with it, then cannot psychological pain similar? After years of such pain, some learn to deal with it in a positive manner, and others aren't so lucky. I understand what it's like wanting not to care when it seems to be "pain or bust." However, at least I still have a strong conscience and respect for others who are going through a tough time, unlike a certain Ponyta....
And I keep thinking about how I like the name Baboba....

Zerodius said:
It amuse me that nearly everyone COMPLETELY ignores the fact that the rebels KILLED humans. The rebels aren't angels. Both sides has blood on their hands/claws/paws (Am I the only one who did not ignore the scene about Larmo and his gun?).
I guess that's what happens when I, as an omniscient but rather sensitive viewer, let emotion cloud my objectivity....

Typhlogirl said:
Alex seemed satisfied, and released his now-healed Geodude from his pokeball.

Suddenly a loud pop rang through the air, and the pokeball sitting beside Alex burst open, releasing a flash of bright light that materialized into the shape of a Geodude.
It says that Alex released Rocky, then it says that Rocky popped himself out of the ball. I found it ridiculous when Wobbuffet did it in the show (and now I keep thinking, every time I see it pop out of its ball, Esaax! Wait a minute...), and it's really strange to see such a thing here.

Morpher01

Bewear my power
I'm new here and am writing a fic called Shadows of Fear. But, I think I'll review this while I'm waiting for reviews in my own fic.

Lemme just take a moment to say that this fic is THE best in the world. Larmo is cool, and sometimes pretty funny every time he called Nero "old one". That was good.

I honestly hate Lance and Karen. They're thinking all about themselves, rather than the Pokemon. I don't like that. At all.

Kenda, Boudiaka and Tory. Those three Dark types just rock. I REALLY liked it when Tory slapped Baboda. That rocked.

Alex, however, I just hate. Treating Pokemon like dirt is not a good way to live.

Overall, really good.

PS: How do you get a banner into a sig?

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Hi all!

Kthleen, I can always count on you to pick up my mistakes. Thanks for that. ^_^; What a stupid error. *fixes* Thanks again! :)

Morpher, is the banner you want saved to your computer? BTW, thanks for reviewing!

No sweat Dragonfire. Just don't make a habit of it. ^_~

BTW Dragondude, I liked your poem. ;) XDD

Chapter progress?

GETTING THERE. SLOWLY BUT SURELY. My part time job has been eating up all the time I usually spend on my fics. Sorry! -_-

Thanks all!

-;157;

S

shinneymeowth001

It's Okay, take as long as you want.

Now, why do people think the mudkip family is dumb? IT's the best honen starter I chose it in my emerald and my sapphire.

Morpher01

Bewear my power
I don't think I made my sig on the computer...

As for the review...I've seen the chapter with Lacne shooting the Pokemon again, and I still hate him, Alex and Karen. I love the rebels. Larmo, Kenda, Tory, all of them!...Except Baboda. I don't like him.

And, by the way, mind if I make a refrence to this fic in my fic?

C

Calcos the Destroyer

Normally when an author takes longer, the're either killing us off with the cliffhanger or the're still stuffing the chapter with juicy plot-line goodness. I think that the rebellion will be forced to the lower levels by the fire, Lance and his cronies will see this and move in for the kill. Thus, the slavery continues...:(

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Finally leaving a long-awaited review... Been busy, and add that to the fact I'm a lazy, procrastinating person more often than not, it's no surprise. Anyway, I like where you're going with this - I've read a few chapters, and I love the new characters you introduce.

Bodaika (sp?), Baboba are interesting new additions - I like them... although Baboba is an ... odd character... a bit concieted with the ego the size of a small planet, but nevertheless, another nice addition to the collage of characters. ^^...

Larmo's plans are sure taking shape. I never would've thought about using the Radio Tower for a mass media message, though certainly, that's the way to do it... and a talking Ponyta to boot...although from your narrative, I thought Peeko spoke human... but maybe I was wrong.

Keep it up!

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Thanks for your replies guys! Nice to get feedback, though I feel I have been rejecting this thread...^_^;;

Morpher, you can reference this fic in yours if you like.

Well, a big event will happen in the next chapter, which is about halfway done, so I hope its worth this ugly wait!! I have to leave for Sydney in about five days, and I'll be gone for three weeks, so I can't update or anything. But I'll get the chapter up before then.

Thanks for teh review SP! Nah, Peeko can't speak human-talk. In this fic, pokemon can speak to one another and their trainers. But not to ordinary humans. Peeko was translating for Larmo because he couldn't command Mr Briney himself. That probably explains why it confused you ;D And you spelt Boudaika right! =D

Y'all hafta see teh next chapter for any answers to questions! ^_~

But thankyou all for waiting so patiently. It's very comforting. :)

Next chapter up A.S.A.P!!!

-;157;

Exxthus

Head AlwaysHeld High
Hmm... I smell a Baboba revelation.... There seems to be more to the horse than meets the eye, even if it's as small as his actually liking Nero.

A good chapter, as usual. I feel badly for the Aerodactyl. That fighting spirit will never see the battlefield again, unless it goes through some special training.

The only thing is, don't towers/buildings usually have grounders for that sort of thing? They're used to avoid power outages, fires, and possible electrocution(s).

8/10

Ashban

Eh, Why not? *wink*
Hi.I'm here.Again
Sooooo sorry 'bout the threats last time. As I said I'm still taking anger managment classes.Sorry.Forgive me.If you don't,I'll...I'll just meditate to control my anger.And Iorn Mew, please don't blast me AGAIN. Oh! Congrats on the award.Your story totally deserves it. Well adios!

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Hi guys! I promised to get the next chappie of TPR up b4 I went away, didn't I?

Exxthus: Thanks for the review, and I looked Grounders up on the internet and couldn't find anything about them. *shrugs* Thanks again, you too Ashban!

Here's the next chapter! (PG-13)

THE POKEMON REBELLION: CHAPTER TWENTY

Larmo awoke quickly. He always did. Blinking his eyes to remove any lingering traces of sleep, he stood up and looked around. Most pokemon still slept, some thrashing about in the grips of slumber. The Linoone headed out of the crowded room and into the kitchen. He ripped open a packet of crisps and started shoving them in his mouth. He was very hungry. He knew he should have waited for the food to be rationed properly, but he hadn’t eaten for a day. Being leader had to have some perks.

The buildings of Goldenrod glistened with dewdrops as the sun glinted through the water thrown from the heavens the night before. The golden rays sifted through the broken glass of the old ice-cream shop, and left surreal patterns on the filthy floor. Inside, a girl sat quivering from cold, her pink pigtails streaked with dirt. Dried blood crusted around her knees from where she had fallen the night before, and her tears made grimy trails down her face. Whitney was cold, wet and miserable. She felt sick, but not physically. Her lone night spent in the abandoned store had made her think about her situation, and about her plight. She felt…guilty for how she had spoken to Lance. He did not deserve the verbal thrashing she had given him. But he had shot those pokemon…but those pokemon were evil! …Weren’t they? Were they merely innocent? Whitney grabbed her head and shrieked angrily. Her emotions were rampaging around her head violently, to her annoyance. Her conscience was fighting with her logic. She was in conflict with herself. But what could she do? Should she return to the police camp, and apologize? Stay here? Just leave Goldenrod all together? At the moment, the most attractive option to the young Gym Leader was to fake her own death, change her appearance and take on a new identity. That would work. Or not. The girl sighed, and lent back against the wall. She had to think.

Tory awoke alone in her corner. She liked being solitary. She was used to being alone. Besides, those looks the male pokemon made her feel uncomfortable sleeping in the big room. She shook her white fur from her eyes, and stood up. Team Rocket made sure that their pokemon did not thrash about in the throes of slumber. There were no sleep-ins in that base. Her stomach grumbled. The Absol had not eaten in a while. Walking silently on the pads of her paws, she made her way into the kitchen of the tower. Inside, she found Larmo shoving crisps into his mouth in a rather undignified manner. He looked up as she approached, crumbs sticking to his cream-coloured fur.

“Good morning Tory.” He said pleasantly, sifting around in the near-empty packet. “Did you sleep well?”

“Yes thankyou. It was kind of you to inquire, Leader.” She replied, inclining her head. Larmo’s bright blue eyes sparkled with amusement.

“Didn’t I tell you to call me Larmo?” he asked.

“…Oh yes! I’m sorry!” Tory said, shock registering plainly on her pretty features as she remembered the conversation she and the Linoone had shared before. “Please forgive me…I’m sorry…”

Larmo’s crisp-covered face became serious. “There is no need for you to apologize so profoundly Tory. What is wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong Larmo. I am just…tired.”

“Tired? You don’t strike me as the type to be annoyed by fatigue.”

“I don’t strike many the way I would like.”

“How so?”

Tory’s crimson eyes clouded. “Pokemon in this tower see me as a copy of my mother.”

“I would have thought you would take that kind of impression as a compliment.”

“I do!” Tory insisted wildly. “But I…I don’t think I can live up to the expectations they hold me against. My mother…I only knew her for a short time…too short a time…but I could see she was a great warrior. The pokemon here think that just because I was trained in Team Rocket, and that I am Boudaika’s daughter, that I will be some kind of wonder warrior. Truth is…I’m not how they think I am. I…I dislike fighting. True, I am quite adept at battling, but I would rather excel in another skill. Besides, what I had to go through to become the ‘fighter’ I am today should not be suffered by any pokemon. It is too high a price to pay to be good at combat.”

Larmo observed the Absol standing before him. She really was quite stunning. If a human captured her, she would be quite popular in those stupid degrading events that they called contests. But Larmo could see a depression hanging around her. This pokemon had suffered badly. He could see it in her eyes. She had been tormented.

“It sounds like you need to do some soul-searching,” Larmo said.

“Heh. That would be nice.” Tory said, a sad smile coming to her face. “But it would help if I had a soul.”

“Do not be stupid Tory. Of course you have a soul.”

“Do I Larmo? Because I can’t find it. All I have inside me is darkness. And it’s not because I’m an Absol. My soul…has been devoured by the darkness. I can’t feel it. My spirit…was taken long ago. I’m empty.”

Larmo stared at Tory, her dimming red eyes gazing into his magnetic blue ones.

“You worry…about this apparent darkness inside you. I think you over-react. I see no darkness in your eyes.”

Tory stared at the Linoone. He was not outstandingly good-looking, but whatever he lacked in natural looks was filled by the magnetism that sparked from his strange blue eyes. Any pokemon staring into his eyes for too long found themselves to be confused. An interesting skill. Tory smiled.

“Then you don’t look hard enough. I’m disappointed. I would think that a pokemon with eyes as incredible as yours would have no problem seeing the darkness clouding me. I can feel it Larmo. Inside me.”

“Everyone has inner darkness Tory.”

“What?”

“Everyone has inner darkness. It’s how you deal with it that defines you.”

“An…an interesting philosophy.”

“It is rather. Do you agree with it?”

“I…I don’t know. I…I have to go…”

“So soon?”

Tory looked at the Linoone. He still had one claw inside the crisp packet, yet managed to maintain an air of annoying decorum that was strangely calming. But she didn’t care. What he had said struck a chord in her sheltered mind. She had to gather her thoughts.

“Yes. I have to go and think.”

“Well, if you are going, take a packet of these-” He paused to read the title splashed across the bright plastic. “-‘Potato chips. Weird humans. Do you want Barbeque flavour or Salt and Vinegar? I personally like Onion and Cream Cheese.”

“Whatever you choose.”

Larmo thought about it, and tossed her a pink packet. “Salt and Vinegar. Sound’s interesting.”

Tory caught the packet, gave the Linoone a small smile, which he returned. She then turned and departed out of the small kitchen. Larmo’s smile disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. He worried about that poor pokemon. He would have followed her, but the ‘Chips’ awaited him. Larmo expertly slitting open a blue packet, and began to sample the ‘Original’ flavour. Damn addictive human food.

Rhapsody awoke quickly again. Dammit. She had wanted to sleep in today. The Teddiursa rubbed her head, grumbling. It still hurt. Samuel was lying beside her, snoring. He always slept like a log. Lucky little bugger. Rhapsody sighed, wiping the sleep crusting the corners of her eyes. She felt negative this morning. Like something bad was going to happen, and she could do nothing to stop it. The Teddiursa paused to watch the sunlight make patterns on the floor. It was pleasant. Bleh. Maybe she was over-reacting about the negativity she believed she felt. Standing up on her stumpy legs, she stretched out the kinks in her back, and walked around a little. She had to do something. Grumpily, she turned back to Samuel, whose oblivious snoring was beginning to annoy her. Resisting the urge to kick him, the Teddiursa sat down against the wall. She would just have to wait for him to wake up. For a change.

Baboba had been awake for a least an hour. To him, sleep was a chore. He had to force himself into slumber most nights. It frustrated him. Then again, what didn’t frustrate him? The Ponyta stomped around the crowded room, taking no care to avoid tails and paws. He headed around to the kitchen, yet he didn’t enter. Inside, he could see Larmo slowly eating a bag of crisps. Baboba smiled. The poor fool. Trying to drown his sorrows in fatty food. What a…humane tendency. The Ponyta knew that the Linoone was still badly cut up about the death of that Rhyhorn. But Baboba didn’t really care. The feelings of pokemon around him did not matter to him. All the Ponyta knew was that they had to get rid of the body of the Rhyhorn. It couldn’t stay in the broom cupboard. Of course, all the bodies of the other pokemon lost in the battle were going to be taken up to the roof and burnt. But no, they couldn’t allow precious Nero’s body to be burnt; he was much too special for that lower-class funeral. Baboba chuckled. The emotional stubbornness of the Linoone was very amusing to watch.

Baboba liked a good drama.

Kenda woke surrounded by his Mightyena, the majority of which were still snoring. Some were pacing around the place; others were grumpily trying to capture some final minutes of slumber. Kenda stood up, his legs shaky. But he felt invigorated. True, the death of Nero still hung about his shoulders, but he felt peaceful today for some reason. Like something had come during the night and cured him of his grief. He felt happy. Leaping athletically over a snoozing member of his pack, he trotted out of the room and into the corridor, on the look out for Larmo. The young Mightyena noticed a white shape huddled in a corner.

“Larmo?” he asked, jogging up to the shape. “Is that you?” Then he noticed the navy blue paws lying on the floor.

“Tory? What are you doing here by yourself?” he asked, concern filling his voice. The Absol raised her head lethargically, white fur splayed across her face.

“Oh…hello Kenda,” she said, forcing a smile to her face. “Did you want something?”

“Erm…are you okay? You don’t look so good.”

“I’m fine. Really. Do not…do not worry yourself about me. You have your own problems to deal with, I’m sure. Do not worry.”

“But I am worried Tory,” he said, amber eyes wide with concern. “I’m…I’m worried about you. Ever since the battle you’ve been…a different pokemon. Shutting yourself out from others. Always avoiding any contact.”

“Maybe that’s my choice.”

“But why does it have to be that way?”

Tory didn’t answer, instead placing her head back on her paws. Kenda frowned, and sat down beside her. She didn’t move, her scarlet eyes downcast. Gingerly, that Mightyena raised a paw, and placed it on her shoulder. She twitched violently, causing Kenda to withdraw his paw hastily.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked.

“…What darkness?”

Tory shuddered.

“You wouldn’t care…” she said softly. “You don’t want to hear my sorrows.”

Kenda turned her face towards his own. “Yes, I do.” His said, eyes filled with sincerity.

Tory stared into his bright, honest eyes, and her stomach jumped suddenly. Emotion unlike anything she had felt before flow through her body. She blinked, this foreign feeling confusing her. She shrugged it off.

“Fine. I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you what happened to me in Team Rocket’s base.” She said, eyes defiant. “Maybe then you’ll stop harassing me.”

*FLASHBACK*

Starving. She was starving. Her stomach growled like some kind of wild beast, biting into her flesh and making her dizzy. The bars of the cage danced and spun in front of her eyes. She needed food.

A loud clanging noise erupted from outside the cage somewhere. Tory couldn’t see where. It was too dark. All she could hear were strange voices.

“This one didn’t last long.”

An agreeing grunt melted out of the darkness. “The thing couldn’t take the strain. Ah well. Another death to record.”

“More like another body to dispose of,” grumbled the other. “Get that Absol. We’ll try that one, see how long it lasts.”

“Maybe we should lower the force.”

“Whatever doesn’t kill them makes them stronger.”

“Guess this one was an exception?”

“That one was weak. Here in Team Rocket, it is our mission to root out the strong from the weak. Those who can’t take it are weak, and deserve to die. Now get that Absol.”

Tory suddenly saw a hand reach out of the darkness, and open her cage. It grabbed her by the scruff of her neck.

‘Are they taking me to that training hall again?’ She thought.

“Come on.” The smooth voice came again. They walked through the darkness and into a brightly lit room. The sudden flood of bright light made Tory’s eyes sting, and made her sight blurry as her pupils tried to cope with it. She was dropped onto a cold steel table. Her paws were shackled into strange steel cuffs attached to the table, restricting her movement. An odd device was clipped onto her neck.

“Is it on full?” the smooth voice demanded.

“Yes. Are you-”

“Yes I’m sure! Now activate it!”

'What are they talking about? Why am I chained here? What is this place?' Tory thought desperately, her fear filling her mind. But it soon disappeared.

To be replaced with the worst pain Tory had ever felt.

Volts and volts of electricity flowed mercilessly into her body from the device on her neck. She howled in agony, thrashing madly and trying to wrench her paws out of the shackles, to try and reach the device on her neck. But they would not move. She was bound there, forced to endure this torture. Her senses exploded, the horrible, burning pain the only thing filling her mind. Tory screeched as it burned through her nerves, ripped at her skin, flayed her muscles. She couldn’t breath from screaming.

Oh god, please stop! Someone make it stop!

But it didn’t. Tory could do nothing but buck and thrash as the lightning pounded into her body in a steady stream of anguish. This wasn’t pain. Pain was mental. This was something more horrific, something she couldn’t bear! She couldn’t take it any longer! She could fell her senses dulling, her systems shutting down…

Stop! Oh god, let me die! I can’t take this anymore! Kill me, please kill me!

“Stop!” barked the smooth voice. Suddenly, the pain disappeared. The Absol collapsed, twitching violently as spasms of static flowed through her body.

“She survived…” the gruff voice said softly, the awe in his voice unmasked.

“Now this one is strong!” said the smooth voice triumphantly. “This one we can use!”

The Absol lay on the steel table, her breathing coming at random times. Sparks flew all over her body, her eyes wide and her pupils dilated. The fact that the pain had stopped was the only thing she recognized, and her appreciation for being alive. Nothing else mattered at the moment. Only that the pain was gone.

…’Was this how Tahru had felt? When he…died?’ Tory thought. The memory of her brother clawed painfully at her heart. She only faintly registered the fact that the big, gruff voiced human was picking her up. He carried her back to her cage, and threw her inside. She slammed against the bars, hard, her head snapping back. Her consciousness fell away from her grasp, and she slipped into the mercy of darkness.

*END FLASHBACK*

“To be on the brink of death…to wish for it to come to you on swift wings…” Tory said softly, her eyes glazed over. “It’s a feeling that no pokemon should have to experience.”

Kenda had listened silently to her tale, without saying anything. “Was that all they did to you?”

Tory snapped her head up. “What do you mean, ‘was that all’?! You want to know what else they did to us?” she yelled, leaping to her feet.

Kenda, shocked, stuttered “I didn’t mean it like th-”

“You know what else they did Kenda? How about making us run till we couldn’t run anymore? And when we collapsed from exhaustion they beat till we got up and continued? And then there were the pokemon who couldn’t run anymore, even when they beat them half to death. They were just thrown back in their cages. And you know the really sad part Kenda?” Tory asked, her eyes brimming with tears. “There were pokemon who couldn’t handle the strain. So they just collapsed, and got themselves beaten, just so they didn’t have to run. Pokemon who got themselves flayed alive out of their own choice. And I had to hear their screams. I had to hear them Kenda! I HAD TO HEAR THEM DIE!!!” she shrieked, falling onto her knees and covering her head. Kenda looked at the Absol, sobbing into her paws, her shoulders shaking as her grief poured out of her body in a steady stream of tears. His kind heart broke for her. Silently, he wrapped his forearms around her. She didn’t try to release herself.

“I just…I just can’t…take it anymore…” she sobbed into his shoulder. “The…the memories…I can’t…I…”

Kenda quietly shushed her. “I know the pain you feel Tory. I know. But you’ve got to remember-it’s in the past now. It’s gone. You’re with new people now-ones who care for you, and don’t want to see you unhappy. Plus, you’ve got…me.”

Tory raised her tear-stained face and looked up at Kenda, who returned her gaze. She smiled through her tears.

“Thankyou Kenda.” She said softly, laying her head on his shoulder. The pair laid there in the secluded corner for a while, enjoying the feeling of lying in the others embrace, a small spark of comfort in the darkness surrounding the tower.

Larmo threw the empty packet of crisps into the bin. He was full. This food wasn’t good for him. At all. He could already feel it burning through his insides. Addictive human junk. Sliding off the counter, he exited the kitchen, nearly falling over Baboba, who had dozed off against the door.

“ARGH!! What the hel-oh, its you.” The Ponyta said flatly upon sight of Larmo’s annoyed face. “You woke me up. I was having a very nice sleep, you insensitive prat.”

You are calling me insensitive?!” Larmo said incredulously.

“Well, okay maybe bad word choice there but you still trod on my foot!” Baboba grumbled.

“Fine. I’m sorry.”

“No you’re not, but I don’t really care anymore. Off with you.” He sighed, waving his hoof in a dramatic matter, dismissing the Linoone from his presence.

Muttering darkly about arrogant little firebrains, Larmo strode out through the pokemon and down the stairs to the next floor. Baboba had removed any of his morning cheer. The Linoone had to think.

Rhapsody was sick of waiting for her trainer to awaken. Every blood morning, without fail, he ALWAYS slept in. Frankly, she was sick and tired of it.

“YARGH!” Samuel yelled, awakening instantly as his felt claws digging into his thigh. “What the…Rhapsody?!” he gasped. “What on earth?!”

“You wouldn’t wake up.” She said mildly.

“You’ve drawn blood!” he gasped, staring at her in shock.

“Meh. Them’s the breaks Sammy.”

Samuel groaned, and laid back down. “Why did I get the Psycho Teddiursa for a pokemon?” he asked no one in particular.

“Hey, it’s your fault. You wouldn’t wake up.” She replied. “Now GET UP! We have things to do?”

“Such as?”

“Stop these crazy pokemon maybe?”

“How?”

“Oh, I don’t know Samuel!” she cried. “It was your idea to come into the tower in the first place, and now you’re giving up?! What’s wrong with you!?”

Samuel looked at her. “Maybe something to do with the fact I got your claws gouged down my leg.”

“OKAY! I get it, I’m sorry alright?! Geez.” The Teddiursa grumbled. Samuel smiled.

“That’s okay. I do tend to sleep in, I guess.” He admitted sheepishly. The Teddiursa grinned.

“Come on. Let’s go for a walk.”

“Now?”

“Yeah. I need to stretch my legs.”

The pair gingerly crept into the quiet of the first floor. It was deserted. No pokemon walked about anywhere. They walked along into the main area.

“Isn’t this great Samuel? All to ourselves!” Rhapsody said happily. Samuel didn’t reply.

“Samuel?” she asked. She looked up at her trainer. An expression of fear was plastered on his face. He was staring behind Rhapsody.

“What are you-” she asked as she turned. And froze, staring at the same thing that had paralysed Samuel.

The small Teddiursa reflected perfectly in Larmo’s brilliant blue eyes. It was her. The Teddiursa that had escaped him. Fury began to build up inside the usually calm leader, and a snarl crept onto his features. His eyes, widened with furious madness, glinted dangerously as he raised his claws back.

“RUN!” Rhapsody shrieked, and Larmo shrieked and leapt at the pair. They darted out of the way of a ballistic slash that tore up the wallpaper of the wall behind them. Larmo snarled, his claws stuck, and the pair took the opportunity to flee.

“Where…where do we go?” Rhapsody panted, dashing down the hallway.

“Turn as many corners as possible!” Samuel cried. “Linoone’s are excellent sprinters but can’t handle any sort of corner!”

With a wild yell, Larmo wrenched his claws free and belted after the escaping pair, his speed unmatched.

Samuel and Rhapsody dashed through the corridors, twisting and turning, until finally they reached a final door.

“In there!” Samuel yelled, and the pair turned into the room. The empty, doorless room, devoid of any means of escape apart from the door through which they had just entered.

Trapped. They were trapped. Samuel wildly flicked his eyes around the room, but saw no escape. Rhapsody shrunk back against him as the Linoone appeared in the doorway. He was panting. His breath came heavily, but his eyes gleamed with a savage triumph. His long claws hung by his sides. Rhapsody knew how much damage they could do. Claws that length…they could kill in a single accurate swipe. Rhapsody trembled in fear in the face of this foe. He was much bigger than her, and she knew he could kill her effortlessly if he wanted to. But she needn’t have worried. For there was only one person in that room that the Linoone was interested in.

Samuel. The Linoone glared at Rhapsody’s trainer with a vicious, maddening fury. The Teddiursa had never seen a pokemon so angry. He began to advance on the boy. Samuel was clearly terrified of the pokemon stalking towards him. Rhapsody could see his sweat shining on his pale face.

“Rha…Rhapsody…” he stammered. “What…what should I do?”

“You can die.” The Linoone stated, but only Rhapsody understood. And she knew she had to do something. She could not, would not let this insane excuse for a pokemon harm her beloved trainer, her best friend. She would not. She stepped forward.

“Back…away.” She snarled, raising her small claws, which looked like thumbtacks compared to Larmo’s long dagger-style killers. The Linoone was clearly amused.

“You dare to stand against me, you human loving scum,” he said quietly. “You are the lowest form of pokemon alive. You are stupid, brainwashed slime.”

“How dare you stand there and call me slime!” Rhapsody cried, sounding braver than she felt. “You, a pokemon threatening to blow up a building! Threatening to destroy the lives of hundreds of innocent pokemon and people!”

“Threatening being the keyword. How is that bad? I merely want something, and this seems like the best way to get it.”

“By putting the homes of hundreds of people at risk?”

“Your human loving words offend me. Your mere insignificant presence offends me. You make me sick, slave. Now stand ASIDE!” The Linoone screeched the last word, and leapt at Rhapsody.

“NEVER!” she shrieked, bracing herself for the inevitable impact. The Linoone crashed into her with his full force, digging his claws into her shoulder. Rhapsody yelped, and scratched at his face. Larmo yowled in pain, and lashed out at Rhapsody’s torso. The Teddiursa grimaced as the long claws glanced across her stomach. She yelled, and tackled Larmo with all the strength she could muster. The pair fell to the ground, writhing and lashing madly in a tangled mess of limbs. Larmo knocked Rhapsody to the ground. With a roar, he stood up and grabbed her by the arms. He spun around, and flung her into the wall. She yelped in pain as her back slammed into the hard surface. Hot, biting pain zipped up her spine, and she collapsed.

“Rhapsody!” Samuel cried. “Are you oka-”

Samuel could say no more, as Larmo suddenly Head-butted right into his stomach. The trainer made a gurgling noise, his eyes wide in shock at the sudden pain. Larmo flipped back, and raised his claws in a fighting stance. Samuel began to curl over, his arms wrapped around his aching abdomen.

“SAMUEL!” Rhapsody cried in distress, pain still shooting up her spine. “NO!”

Larmo snarled, and gouged his claws down Samuel’s arm, making long ridges in the soft flesh lining the inside of the boy’s forearm. Samuel cried out in pain, blood seeping out of the wounds. The Linoone finished by whipping his tail across Samuel’s face. The boy gasped in pain, a bruise already starting to blossom on his cheek. Larmo landed neatly on his feet, the tips of his claws stained red. He grinned as he watched Samuel crumpling over, blood dripping out onto the floor.

“Now I’ll finish you, you disgusting piece of filth.” Larmo hissed, raising his claws over Samuel’s unprotected neck. “I show spies no mercy!”

Rhapsody watched, paralysed, as the Linoone prepared to send his claws straight across Samuel’s neck, a fatal blow. The distress and fury boiling inside her rose to a peak, sending her already strained mind into overdrive.

And something snapped.

The Teddiursa shrieked loudly, making Larmo spin around. He had anticipated a scream, but not one of that magnitude. The Linoone stared at Rhapsody. Her eyes, supposed to be deep black, had begun to take on a red tinge around the edges. What on earth?

Rhapsody howled, her fury taking over her body, her anger erupting from her mouth in a devastating roar. Her rage was intense, and she was a sight to behold, standing there, her raw emotion exploding out of her throat in a stream of biting shrieks and yowls.

And then she began to glow.

Larmo fell backwards as the brilliant light emitting from the Teddiursa’s body blinded him. He raised his claws to shield himself.

Rhapsody felt strange. She felt herself…expand. She suddenly shot upwards, her legs widening and her ankles strengthening as her torso expanded to an impossible length. Her arms grew at an alarming scale, becoming long and powerful. Her paws widened, and long curving claws sprouted out of the tips. Her muzzle extended and widened, and her teeth lengthened. Large pads burst out of her collarbone area, and split to become fan-like fronds covering her huge shoulders. But the most alarming change was the pure power flowing through her veins. She had never felt so strong. It was amazing, the strength she now possessed. The raw, physical power. She had never felt so good.

Larmo uncovered his eyes, and felt his blood run cold. All the confidence he had felt disappeared in an instant as he viewed the pokemon standing in front of him. The deep brown colouring of her fur, the strange ring decorating her stomach, the murderous look in her blood red eyes. He began to tremble, his jaw hanging open in a manner that betrayed his immense fear and devastated surprise.

Rhapsody the Ursaring opened her eyes, and blinked. What had just happened? Then she saw how high she was. It was dizzying. She had never been this high off the ground. Amazing. The pokemon grinned, raising her new, longer claws to her eyes, examining them in relish and delight. She did a quick inspection of her new, amazingly powerful body, and took in everything new. This was amazing. Her beautiful long claws tracing along her new jaw, and her low set eyebrows. Along her stomach and arms. She glanced down at her legs, now so far away. Shorter claws lined the toes of her paws, and a spherical tail emerged behind her. Rhapsody grinned in amazement and glee. She turned her gaze to the pokemon cowering in front of her, and her elated expression disappeared.

“Now who’s insignificant?” she hissed, staring down at the Linoone. “Now’s who’s the piece of slime? How dare you attack my trainer, you pathetic little insect. I’ll make you pay double for what you did to him! Prepare, you ******* pokemon. Prepare to feel every single bit of pain he felt!”

And the fire burned.

Yes, I know the scene with Kenda and Tory SUCKED, I-can't-write-romance! *bangs head on dask* AHEM. I know this chapter was short and a bit on the sucky side, but this was a biatch of a part to write, but now that it's over, I can start on the easier parts. Yay! The next chapters will be better guys, I promise.

^_~

-;157;

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
Rhapsody...Typhlogirl, I don't know which side I'm on!

Okay I still like the rebels, but I also like Rhapsody. That was very unpredictable, I loved it!!

The scene between Kenda and Tory, it was nice...Very sad though, but it was nice ^_^

I wonder what will Alex do...

~Timid Kyogre

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Awesome chapter! The part where Rhapsody finally evolves is good, but Larmo striking Samuel in the stomach with a Headbutt...that was just gold. Pure gold.

It's all right if you're bad at romance. Me, I can hardly do a comedy fic without everyone complaining.

Can I donate a character to you? If so, then here's his bio. He's the main character of my fic, Shadows of Fear. If you don't want him, that's fine with me.

Here he is:

Name: Skull

Species: Shadow Marowak

Personality: Cruel, seemingly heartless, mercilessly cunning, and intelligent. Despises humans beyond all compare.

Attacks:

Shadow End: deals damage to one opponent, but gives recoil to the user.

Shadow Panic: confuses two opponents.

Swords Dance: I'm pretty sure you know this one.

Rock Slide: See Swords Dance.