• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Rebellion

I love this it's Great! I can't wait for the next installment!

T

Twilight Absol

Hmm, nice story, reminds me of Animal Farm by George Orwell, but I hope that unlike that book, this story on a happier tone. I found no spelling errors, but I do think, however, that you pause too much with your periods, just a suggestion, but some of them can be replaced by commas. I like this story, and its one of the original ones here. It's a change for the better to stop reading about fics that focus on trainers with their perfectly obedient pokemon, and this is a nice change. I hope you can pm me when ever a chapter is up, can you do that?

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Originally Posted by Twilight Absol
Hmm, nice story, reminds me of Animal Farm by George Orwell, but I hope that unlike that book, this story on a happier tone. I found no spelling errors, but I do think, however, that you pause too much with your periods, just a suggestion, but some of them can be replaced by commas. I like this story, and its one of the original ones here. It's a change for the better to stop reading about fics that focus on trainers with their perfectly obedient pokemon, and this is a nice change. I hope you can pm me when ever a chapter is up, can you do that?
Hah, funny you pointed that out about Animal Farm..my class is reading it at school. I've finished it (one of the few who have, god they are lazy) and I have to say this. DIE PIGS DIE. I HATE PIGS. DAMN THEM.

Okay, i had to get that off my chest. I didn't actually get the idea for this story from Animal farm, which is a fantastic book but everyone is my class thinks its stupid. Idiots.

Thanks for the tips, i'll remember that. Chap five coming soon

- ;157;

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Okay people, here it is. The longest Rebellion Chapter I have EVER written. Its a doozy!! You said it wuz short, so I made it long. Here we go! Keep the reviews coming!!!

THE POKEMON REBELLION: CHAPTER FIVE

Larmo’s eyes widened and an insane grin appeared on his face as he read the poster. Reading was a natural skill to all pokemon. Some were better than others. Splashed across the poster were the words:

GOLDENROD RADIO!! NOW BROADCASTING TO HOENN AS WELL AS KANTO AND JOHTO!!! HEAR ALL THE LATEST HITS!! TUNE INTO SOME OF OUR GREAT POKEMON SHOWS!! FEATURING BABOBA THE TALKING PONYTA!!! PROFESSOR OAK!! THE LUCKY NUMBER SHOW!! TUNE IN!! The Goldenrod Radio Tower filled the background.

“This is PERFECT Kenda!!” Larmo cried. “This way, we can reach all the humans, plus keep ourselves locked up in this tower!! Excellent!!”

Kenda read the poster again, worry spreading across his friendly features. “But Larmo, there’s four problems. One, how are we supposed to get two hundred pokemon all the way to Goldenrod City, unseen? And two, how are we supposed to take over the Radio Tower without attracting attention? And three, how are we supposed to make the humans listen to our demands? And finally, we can understand the humans, but they can’t understand us. How can we relay our demands in the first place?”

Larmo’s brilliant mind was already working out solutions. “Number two is easy. Night hides everything. Three, I’ll work out later. Four is staring us in the face. That Ponyta. And number one is right there.” He raised one clawed paw and pointed.

“The ferry? But it only travels between Lilycove and Slateport.”

“Well then…they’ll have to take an unexpected detour, won’t they?” Larmo turned and dashed back towards the Warehouse, Kenda running after him.

Nero woke to the sound of Larmo yelling.

“Everyone!! WAKE UP!!!” The pokemon shook themselves into wakefulness, wakening the ones who were still asleep. They all turned obediently to Larmo.

“My friends!” Larmo said loudly. “I promised you freedom, and you got it. But I want to go a step further, as I said. I have discovered a way to make the humans listen to us. But I need your help. All of you.”

“What is it you want to do?” asked a Pikachu.

“We must travel. We are going on the radio.” The Linoone replied.

“But…does that mean…” said a Pineco, his voice quivering.

“Yes. We are going to Johto!”

The pokemon from the expanded area of the Safari Zone started talking excitedly, and many cheered and leapt into the air. Other pokemon looked sceptical about leaving Hoenn. Many looked at Larmo; curious about how he was going to go about this.

Suddenly, the warehouse doors flew open. The pokemon froze. Larmo whirled around.

An Absol stood in the doorway. She was very tall, and her silvery fur was ruffled. Muscles stood out under her fur. Her tail wagged slowly, giving her a look of a pokemon ready to fight. Her red eyes had a…coldness to them. But her most distinguished feature was the long scar that ran from her right eyebrow, across her face and down to her neck.

“Is this the meeting of the famous Pokemon Rebels?” she asked. Her voice was feminine, but had a roughness to it.
Larmo was wary. “Yes. Why do you want to know?”

The Absol smiled. It was a threatening sight. “Good. You should learn to hide yourselves better, for you were very easy to trace.” She looked Larmo in the eye. “I presume you are the leader of this motley crew?”

Larmo glared right back. “Yes. I am the leader of this band. Why?”

The Absol cocked her head to the side. “You’re a bit small for a fully grown Linoone.”

Larmo snarled. “If you came here to insult me, then I suggest you leave now.”

She smiled again, this time revealing a mouth full of sharp white teeth. Larmo noticed one of them on the side was missing. “Relax. That’s not why I’m here. My name is Boudaika. I’ve heard you wish to free the pokemon of the world. I want to help you.”

“How so?” asked Larmo, genuinely curious.

Boudaika scanned the group of pokemon. “This group of yours, none look like they could hold their own in a fight with a trained pokemon. I can.”

Larmo looked at the Absol one last time. Then a smile crept across his face.

“Welcome Boudaika. I’m sure your input in our cause will be incredibly valuable.”

The Absol simply nodded in a satisfied kind of way, and sat down on the ground, looking at Larmo. She waved her paw, as if to say, please continue your speech.

“As I was saying, we will travel to Johto, and overtake the radio station. But for this to work properly, I need help from each and every one of you.”

“What do you want us to do?” cried a Mareep.

Larmo smiled, and began to outline his plan to his followers.

The Lilycove Ferry Dock was a busy place. Many people enjoyed going to the beach in Slateport. Others went for the markets. The first ferry of the day left at precisely 9:00am. People began to queue up to get on. The gleaming boat floated lazily in the water.

Larmo observed the people waiting to board. He signalled Kenda, who was waiting with a Graveller. He nodded to the rock pokemon. It threw a rock over the heads of the passengers into the water of the dock. That was the signal. Suddenly, a huge group of water pokemon, who had snuck in before the people had come, leapt out of the dock water and began to spray water at the unwary passengers.

In shock, people began to scream and flee. The two cleaners dashed out of the ship to see what was wrong, and two strong water guns, sending them running out the doors, hit both of them in the face.

Larmo smiled as he watched the saturated people fleeing the building. When he judged the building to be empty, he slunk off from his vantage point on a hill and ran into the building. Kenda gave a loud howl, which was the signal for the pokemon behind the hill to come into the dock.

Larmo, flanked by three strong Mightyena, walked up the gangplank into the ship. They wove their way through the passageways, all the way to the bridge. It was just as Larmo had predicted. The Captain was sitting at his chair, oblivious to the noise outside. A Wingull was sitting on his shoulder. The man was examining some sea charts.

With a roar, two Mightyena surrounded the man, and one snatched the Wingull from his shoulder. The man whirled around, but found Larmo’s claws at his throat.

“You’re the pokemon who destroyed the Safari Zone…” the Captain said, his eyes flicking around the room, coming to rest on the Wingull, and his voice quivered. “Please don’t hurt my Peeko!!” he pleaded. “She didn’t do anything!”

Larmo turned to the frightened bird pokemon. “So your name is Peeko. Well Peeko my friend, you are of course, aware, that the only pokemon a human can understand is one that he or she has captured. So, we need you to act as interpreter for our discussion.”

“What if I said no?” Peeko replied, defiance in her eyes.

Larmo smiled dangerously. His claws tightened around the poor pokemon’s throat. “Then I’m afraid you won’t live to see the next sunset. Or…” He turned to look at the man, fury burning in the human’s elderly eyes as he watched Larmo’s dangerous claws dig into his beloved pokemon’s neck. “Will I have to treat my friends to an early lunch?” The Mightyena growled their loudest yet.

“Okay! Okay! I’ll do it!! Just don’t hurt my trainer!!” The Wingull wailed.

“Excellent! Then, I need you to tell your trainer that we need a favour. We need him to transport us to Goldenrod City.” Peeko repeated the message.

“What? But this ship only goes between Lilycove and Slateport!” The man insisted.

“Then we will be making an unexpected detour!” Larmo replied simply. “We are going to Johto, and you will take us there.”

After he listened to Peeko’s message, Mr Briney’s fury seemed to rise. “I keep telling you! This ship doesn’t go to Johto! I don’t know how to get there!”

Larmo lost his temper with the stubborn man. “Listen to me, you old fool!” he yelled. “We are going to Johto, and your ill conceived lies will not stop us! You will take this ship to Johto, or your precious pokemon will feed the Sharpedo’s!” Larmo finished his speech by hurling Peeko to the ground. The Wingull yelped in pain. She did not translate Larmo’s message, but the old sailor only had to look at the rage in Larmo’s eyes, and he seemed to understand perfectly.

“Alright! I’ll take you to Johto. But mark my words; you will pay for this! Your revolution will never succeed! Things are fine the way they are!”

Larmo screeched furiously at the man, and pointed angrily at the wheel. With one final defiant glare, which Larmo returned, the man pushed some buttons, pulled a few levers and turned the wheel sharply. The motor started to rev up.

“Watch him!” Larmo snarled at one of the more intelligent looking Mightyena. The dark pokemon nodded his shaggy head.

Larmo walked quickly down the corridors of the ship, and nearly crashed into Kenda.

“Larmo I-”

“Are all the pokemon on board?” Larmo interrupted sharply. Surprised at the harshness of his tone, Kenda nodded.

“We’ve raised the…bridgey thing, and all the pokemon are on.” he replied.

“Good,” Larmo said shortly. Then his face fell. “I’m sorry I snapped at you Kenda. That human just made me so angry, the ignorant fool…”

Kenda waved away the apology. “I know you’re under stress. Don’t worry ‘bout it. Feel free to snap away.” he said with a smile. Larmo smiled weakly back. They made their way onto the deck.

“Cast off!” bellowed the man at the wheel. The ship shuddered, then started to move out of the dock.

“Wait!!” screamed a female Pikachu, dashing up onto the deck. “My baby! He’s still on the dock!”

It was true. A little Pichu was standing on the dock, looking lost.

“Mummy?” he cried.

“I thought you grabbed him!” she yelled at her mate, a harassed looking Raichu, and the only evolved Pikachu on board.

“I thought you had him!” he shouted back.

“It’s too late!” yelled Kenda. “We can’t stop the boat!”

Suddenly, a shadow flew over the heads of the four pokemon, and Boudaika landed gracefully on the deck, dashing towards the Pichu with long loping strides. She snatched the terrified pokemon into her mouth, and whirled back towards the boat, which was gaining speed by the second.

“Hurry!” yelled Kenda. Larmo watched wordlessly.

The Absol raced along the dock, her speed a wonder to behold. She took a final long stride, and pushed herself off the edge, flying towards the boat. Just as the pokemon thought she would fall into the churning blades of the propellers, she gripped the railings and forced her way over, back onto the deck of the ship. She dropped the Pichu onto the floor, and he raced to his mother.

“Oh thankyou! Thankyou so much!” sobbed the mother Pikachu, hugging her baby.

“How can we repay you?” asked the father.

“By making sure he grows up good and strong.” Boudaika replied. The family thanked the Absol tearfully one more time, then disappeared safely below deck.

“That was so amazing Boudaika!” gasped Kenda. “How can you run so fast?”

The Absol smiled grimly. “Training, training, and a hint of natural ability. Did I mention training?”

Larmo turned to her. “Any other pokemon would have judged that Pichu lost. What possessed you to leap off a moving boat, race along that dock and attempt to save that child?”

Boudaika turned to look at the horizon. Her deep red eyes grew suddenly bright. “I had children once,” she said, her voice sounding forced. “Two of them. Twins. A boy and a girl. They were the highlight of my life. Then the poachers took them. I fought. Oh, how I fought. I tried to save them. But they overwhelmed me. They left me for dead, bruised, battered, with my face sliced open. But I didn’t care about my injuries. They took my children. I wanted to die. But something inside me kept me alive, otherwise I would have perished. That burning desire for revenge. I slowly recovered, using berries to regain my strength. As soon as I was back on my feet, I began training myself. To be the ultimate fighter. Whenever my strength faltered, or my body felt like it had had enough, I just remembered all the times I had shared with my twins, and my energy flew back. The name of the fiends who stole my children stayed locked in my memory. I will have my revenge on them. Team Rocket!!” She finished her story with a vicious snarl. Kenda looked heartbroken. Larmo just stared at the horizon.

Would the cruelty of the humans never stop? Kenda, Boudaika…how many pokemon had been hurt by their selfish actions? How many more had to die? Until they realised the error of their ways? Make no mistake, I will stop them!! The pokemon will have voices!! We will have voices!!! We will be free!!!!

There we go. Good or bad? You gotta tell me!! Please review!!

- ;157;

Last edited:
Wow. Marvelous. Please don't make Larmo the bad guy. I see him as the hero of the story. Am I right in thinking Samuel will try to thwart him? It seems obvious. And, this Absol, Boudaika. She is mysterious. Will Team Rocket be in future chapters?

I feel bad for the Absol. She used her anger to train herself. So sad... But the storie gets better, and better, did i say better?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
oooh im a fan of animal farm as well and i will say larmo is quickly turning into napoleon the pig...bad larmo....anyway an interesting chapter. i like it how the whole things going out of control now. i cant wait till they get to the radio tower

L

lone_wolf816

Yah going to Johto:D lol really good story and i like how you added an absol! They rule all:D

whiteabsol

.:Daisy Dancing:.
Great chapters!^_^ I love Boudiaka naturally. Can't wait when they arrive in Goldenrod!

i caught a Linoone and named it Larmo i'm a good trainer i sware!!!

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
*is blown backwards by the reviews* Holy!! I was estatic when I saw dis. So many lovely reviews!!

Originally posted by Infinite Master Sceptile
Wow. Marvelous. Please don't make Larmo the bad guy. I see him as the hero of the story. Am I right in thinking Samuel will try to thwart him? It seems obvious. And, this Absol, Boudaika. She is mysterious. Will Team Rocket be in future chapters?

Don't worry, Larmo will always be good. Samuel will appear later, as will TR, but I can't tell u what'll happen! ~_^

Originally posted by KewlBrettC
I feel bad for the Absol. She used her anger to train herself. So sad... But the storie gets better, and better, did i say better?

This story isn't meant to be cheerful, so it was natural that Boudaika had to have a sad past to make her what she is. I dunno if the stroy'll get better..hafta wait and c!! ^_~

Originally posted by buttersgirl
oooh im a fan of animal farm as well and i will say larmo is quickly turning into napoleon the pig...bad larmo....anyway an interesting chapter. i like it how the whole things going out of control now. i cant wait till they get to the radio tower

Larmo will NEVER become Napoleon the pig. I hate Napoleon. Larmo will never do what he did to the animals. *kicks Napoleon* What do u mean by out of control? I thought it wuz under control. Oh well!! ^_^

Originally posted by Lone_wolf816
Yah going to Johto lol really good story and i like how you added an absol! They rule all

I miss Johto. I really do. Yes, Absol is a great pokemon. But Typhlosion rulz all. So sorry lol. ^_^

Originally posted by whiteabsol
Great chapters!^_^ I love Boudiaka naturally. Can't wait when they arrive in Goldenrod!

Don't worry, they'll be there soon! ~_^

Originally posted by KewlBrettC
i caught a Linoone and named it Larmo i'm a good trainer i sware!!!

Lolness, I hope so!! Or a certain group of pokemon will come to check...very honoured u used my name!!

Phew. Well guys, keep up teh reviewin, cuz chappie 6 is in teh workx!!!

- ;157;

I can't beleive in Poke Talk and The Pokemon Rebellion are both great keep up the good work TyphloGirl

L

lone_wolf816

here i got a proper review now

FEATURING BABOBA THE TALKING PONYTA!!!

The trainer who named that ponyta must be llaughed at every day:D I wonder if the trainer was Larmo's old trainer:p

“This way, we can reach all the humans, plus keep ourselves locked up in this tower!!
I don't understand why he'd want to lock himself inside the tower:s

“The ferry? But it only travels between Lilycove and Slateport,”
200 hundred pokemon on one ferryO_O that must be cramped:p

The pokemon shook themselves into wakefulness, wakening the ones who were still asleep

wakefulness isn't a word either that or its spelled wrong:p

The pokemon from the expanded area of the Safari Zone started talking excitedly, and many cheered and leapt into the air.

yes leap my minions of Johto!! you are going to my favorite region. good job putting it in:D

An Absol stood in the doorway. She was very tall, and her silvery fur was ruffled. Muscles stood out under her fur. Her tail wagged slowly, giving her a look of a pokemon ready to fight. Her red eyes had…coldness to them. But her most distinguished feature was the long scar that ran from her right eyebrow, across her face and down to her neck

You know your screwed when you see a pokemon like that! Hi cute doggy thing^_^;;

Larmo observed the people waiting to board. He signalled Kenda, who was waiting with a Graveller. He nodded to the rock pokemon. It threw a rock into the water of the dock. That was the signal. Suddenly, a huge group of water pokemon, who had snuck in before the people had come, leapt out of the dock water and began to spray water at the unwary passengers.

Good job on writing that part. It was very thoughtful:D

“Welcome Boudaika. I’m sure your input in our cause will be incredibly valuable,”

That name reminds me of a dragon ball: z game...

In shock, people began to scream and flee. The two cleaners dashed out of the ship to see what was wrong, and two strong water guns, sending them running out the doors, hit both of them in the face.

Run you idiotic humans, run!!

So your name is Peeko. Well Peeko my friend, you are of course, aware, that the only pokemon a human can understand is one that he or she has captured. So, we need you to act as interpreter for our discussion,”

Another idiotic name. Briney must know Larmo's old trainer

The Absol raced along the dock, her speed a wonder to behold. She took a final long stride, and pushed herself off the edge, flying towards the boat. Just as the pokemon thought she would fall into the churning blades of the propellers, she gripped the railings and forced her way over, back onto the deck of the ship. She dropped the Pichu onto the floor, and he raced to his mother.

When she jumped for it my mind went in to slow-mo matrix style.

That burning desire for revenge. I slowly recovered, using berries to recover my strength. As soon as I was back on my feet, I began training myself. To be the ultimate fighter. Whenever my strength faltered, or my body felt like it had had enough, I just remembered all the times I had shared with my twins, and my energy flew back. The name of the fiends who stole my children stayed locked in my memory. I will have my revenge on them. Team Rocket!!”

Blood shall be lost for that dirty deed.

another good job you get my eevee of approval!

-;133;

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
This is a great story. I like how the pokemon are smarter than everyone thinks they are and how they are doing this whole revolt plan. I have read Animal Farm as well, twice I think, and Larmo is nothing like the leader pig, Napoleon. Larmo actually cares about all the pokmon of the world. The only person who is like Napoleon is in the White House, no insults towards other people. Anyway, you have a great story here and I will love to read the rest of your story.
;157; ;171; ;359; ;151; ;rukario; ;230;​
I am hidden, yet I am in front of you.​

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
LOL Lone wolf you just made my day. Nice review!! It made me lmao.

Thnx for teh complimetns hidden mew, all welcome ^_^

Heh heh, there really are some stupid nicknames out there aren't they? I think the worst name I ever made for one of my pokemon was something like Mr. Fluffy...shocking...

Chap 6 is halfway done, keep listening for it! ^_^

- ;157;

L

lone_wolf816

dont worry i named a pokemon lard lad because it was fat(snorlax and slaking) I'll be waiting for the next chapter. Maybe a typhlosion will be in goldenrod:p

-;133;

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Nice idea bout the Typhlosion...but this is a fanfic which I won't include one...PokeTalk has one that just...deletes all competition...o_O

Micheal the Typhlosion: DAMN STAIGHT BIZNATCHS!!!

- ;157; (heh, I can go to the exact spot where the lil floshi is!!)

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Well, here it is. The sixth chappy of the Pokemon Rebellion!!! Keep reviewing and reading!!

THE POKEMON REBELLION: CHAPTER SIX

The gleaming boat sliced through the waves like a knife through butter. The morning sun reflected in Larmo’s brilliant blue eyes as he looked out into the cloudless blue sky, thinking, always thinking. The other pokemon knew better to than disturb him when he was deep in thought.

Down on the bridge, the man expertly piloted the large vessel through the ocean towards the region of Johto. Nero watched him like a hawk. Any suspicious movement, and the Mightyena standing nearby would issue a warning growl. Peeko had been locked in a small, rusty cage found in the hold. She occasionally gave a strangled sob.

Kenda was playing with the little Pichu, whose name was Leclec. They would run around the bottom of the ship, playing hide and seek, and various versions of tag. Leclec was quite a fast runner, and Kenda had to push himself quite hard to avoid the little electric pokemon’s quick dashes.

In a secluded corner, the Absol Boudaika was sleeping. She had run all night to make it to Lilycove in order to join with the rebels, so she was exhausted. She snored softly, her head resting on her paws. But as peaceful as she looked on the outside, her dreams were terribly clouded with dark visions from her past. She trembled violently, and it wasn’t from cold.

The ship continued on its way along. Soon midday came and went, and there was no sign of a coastline. The ocean seemed to stretch on forever. Nero was not a good sailor. In fact, it terrified him. So the fact that there was no Johto after three and a half hours of sailing infuriated him.

“Are you sure this is the way to Johto?” Nero demanded of the man. The Rhyhorn angrily kicked Peeko’s cage, and the Wingull hurried to translate.

“Of course this is the way to Johto. I’ve been sailing for forty-five years, I think I know my way around the regions!” the captain snapped back.

“I don’t care how long you have been sailing!” shrieked the Rhyhorn, knocking the man to the ground, his normally calm eyes wide with suppressed fear. “This is taking TOO LONG!! We should be there by now!!”

“Whoa, steady on old one!” yelled one of the Mightyena, whose name was Deemo. “He’s trying!!”

The elderly Rhyhorn snarled, staring into the human’s frightened eyes. He took a deep breath, and took a few steps back, allowing the man to get up.

“I want this ship to be in Goldenrod Port by four this afternoon!!” hissed Nero. Peeko hurried to translate.

The man was at a loss for words. “That’s impossible! It will take us at least until ten tomorrow!!”

“I don’t care how long it should take, I want us in that port by four or you and your precious little Wingull will be taking a one way trip to the bottom of the ocean!!!”

Larmo almost fell off the boat as it suddenly gained speed without warning. He struggled to his feet, the ship shaking violently as it sped at full speed through the waves.

“This is more like it!” yelled the Linoone. He raised an arm into the air, watching the wind blow his fur back. He yelled happily.

In the hold, Kenda and Leclec were thrown against the wall when the ship gained speed. Kenda got up dizzily.

“Ow…that hurt, huh little buddy?”

The little Pichu rubbed his head. “Nah, it was fun!! Let’s do it again Kenda, again!!”

Boudaika woke immediately as the boat gained speed. She growled in annoyance, and laid her head on her paws again to try and regain what little sleep she had managed.

At the moment, Samuel was sitting at home, counting his money. Rhapsody was in the kitchen, filling her stomach. Darren had dragged himself off to his job at the station, and his mother was still sleeping off the alcohol. Samuel finished counting, and carefully replaced his money in his box, which he locked and pushed deep under his bed. His mother never cleaned the house, so there was not much of a chance she would find it.

“Hey Rhap! Can you get the paper for me?” Samuel yelled.

Rhapsody grumpily put down the can of food she was emptying, and toddled off. Samuel pushed open the only window in his room. The sun shone back at him. He watched a group of chattering tourists walked down the street. He loved Goldenrod City. After he was done with being a trainer, he would definitely live here.

Rhapsody shoved the newspaper onto his bed, and the boy flicked to the classifieds.
“Since all we do around here all day is eat, sleep and train occasionally, we should find a day job.” Samuel skimmed the ads, and circled possible employment opportunities.

Rhapsody yawned. “Whatever. I don’t care anymore. I just wanna get outta here once we have enough money.”

Samuel suddenly stopped his circling. “Oh, that reminds me! Now we’ve got enough money to get my bike fixed!”

“What’s wrong with your bike?” Rhapsody demanded, annoyed.

“The chain is ninety percent rust, the wheels are slowly going flat, and the handlebars are stiff and nearly impossible to turn. Plus the seat is really uncomfortable.” Samuel added.

“Aw geez, does this mean we have to keep working?”

“I’m sorry Rhap, but I have to get my bike fixed. It’s our only method of transport!”

Rhapsody made a grumbling sound. “Well then, you may as well get the basket fastened properly. I keep thinking I’m about to fall off.” Rhapsody said with a small smile. Samuel grinned back.

“Maybe if you stopped eating so much, you wouldn’t strain the basket.” Samuel said with a smile, as he poked Rhapsody’s tubby little stomach.

“Oh! That is so rude!” Rhapsody said, throwing the newspaper at her trainer. Samuel laughed and tackled her off the bed. As the two best friends play fought, Samuel’s clock radio, which had been softly playing Pokemon March, changed to a grim voiced reporter. The pair stopped fighting and listened.

“News from Lilycove City a group of renegade water pokemon attacked civilians waiting to take the ferry to Slateport City. There has also been reports that the million dollar ferry, S.S Tidal, has been hijacked. When coastguards searched Hoenn’s shore, they could find no trace of the vessel. We are monitoring the situation. We’ll go to our reporter in Lilycove.

Thanks Greg, yes it is turmoil here in this usually bustling Hoenn City. People are confused and terrified. It seems that the security cameras have captured some footage of pokemon boarding the boat, which then disembarked. For some reason one pokemon appeared to leap off the ship, then jump back on. Investigations are continuing, and the waters of Hoenn are being searched. But no sign has been found of the S.S Tidal.

This apparent renegade group of pokemon is causing mass panic here in Lilycove City. People are terrified that the pokemon population of Hoenn will attack. People are boarding up windows, and stocking food. It’s chaos. Back to you Greg.”

“Thanks Jake, and now to the weather. Sunny skies will be dominant around Azalea town today, with…”

“Can you believe that?” asked Samuel.

“About the sunny skies?” asked Rhapsody, giving him a weird look. Samuel sighed.

“No Rhapsody! About the group of renegade pokemon!! In all the history of the three regions, this has NEVER happened! It’s crisis!!”

Surprisingly, Rhapsody didn’t seem to care. “Whatever. They’ll be stopped and sunk. Aren’t all rebellions?”

The boat continued to speed through the ocean. Unwary water pokemon had to leap out of the way, or risk getting hit by the speeding vehicle. Larmo was still on the railing, letting the feel of the wind caress his fur. His sharp eyes seared the horizon, searching for the thin line that would reveal the presence of land. Kenda joined him above deck.

“Leclec is sleeping.” the Mightyena said. “Any sign of land?”

“Nothing.” Larmo said in disgust. “All I can see is this blasted ocean. We must be getting close, but I can’t see any signs of land.”

“Nero did say that the man said that this trip would take at least until ten o’clock tomorrow morning.”

“I don’t trust that old fool.”

“Who, Nero?”

“No Kenda, the human of course. He seems…dodgy in some way. Tell Nero to keep a sharp eye on him.”

Kenda gave a strangled smile. “I don’t think Nero could keep a sharper eye on the human. He was practically not blinking. The old man scratched his shoulder and Nero yelled at him. I don’t think he likes travelling by sea.”

Meanwhile, hidden away from noise, Boudaika awoke suddenly.

Strange, she thought. What woke me this time? And why is it so hot on the floor?

The scarred Absol looked down. The ground was hot beneath her paws.

Odd, she thought. I’ll go and tell the Rhyhorn.

Peeko watched miserably from her cage as her trainer expertly piloted the boat through the ocean. Suddenly, the cabin door flew open, and a monster walked in. Peeko gave a screech of shock and horror. Boudaika simply looked at the Wingull in disgust.

“Oh calm down, you pathetic little canary. Haven’t you ever seen an Absol before?” snapped Nero, breaking his deathly gaze on the man to view Boudaika’s entrance.

The Absol paced towards the Rhyhorn, only pausing to give Peeko a hiss. The Wingull shrunk back into her cage.

“Nero, I think there might be something wrong with this boat.” the female Absol said to the elderly male pokemon.

“What? Translate you fool!” yelled Nero at Peeko.

“Something wrong? Where? What?” barked the man. Boudaika told him of the hot floor, Peeko translating the whole time.

“That’s the location of the engine!” the man said, worry creasing his face. “We’re putting too much pressure on the ship! If we keep going at this pace, we will bust the engine!”

This was the opposite of what Nero wanted to hear. “YOU MEAN IT’S GOING TO TAKE LONGER?!?” he bellowed. Suddenly, they heard Larmo screeching.

“Land!! LAND!! NERO, IT’S LAAAAAAAND!!”

Nero raced at full speed up to the deck. Larmo was perched gracefully on a steel pole protruding from the very top of the shiny boat.

“I don’t see it!” Nero said angrily.

“It’s there I tell you, right there on the horizon!!” Larmo yelled energetically.

Suddenly, the boat swerved sharply. It was only Larmo’s natural sense of balance that saved him. He clung to the pole as Nero and Kenda were knocked off their feet. Below deck, all the pokemon were thrown sharply into the wall. Many yelled in shock and surprise.

“What in the name of the Legendaries!!” Nero yelled, heaving himself up and dashing back to the bridge. The three Mightyena were attacking the old sailor, while Peeko screeched in her cage. The man had gripped the wheel sharply, and had swerved the boat away from the approaching coastline.

“I will NOT let you get to Johto!” the old man yelled.

“FOOL!!” roared Nero, and he slammed the man with the strongest Tackle Peeko had ever seen. The man slumped in a corner.

“Get this bucket of rust back on course!” yelled Nero. The Mightyena pulled sharply on the wheel. Larmo did another balancing act as the boat swung around again, and Kenda was knocked back to the ground. He heard the angry yells of pokemon as they were flung around in the hold.

Nero’s breathing came sharply, and once again the boat sped back on course. Boudaika flew back into the bridge, as did Larmo and Kenda.

“What the hell was that?” Larmo asked in fury.

“The old human decided to have a crack at rebellion himself.” Nero replied, his voice dripping with disdain.

“At least we are going in the right direction now,” Boudaika said. “I can see buildings.”

“Me too!” said Kenda eagerly. “We sure are going fast.”

“Well, the Mightyena seem on top of it. Shouldn’t we be slowing down about now? Or stopping?” asked Larmo.

The Mightyena turned to him. “What do you mean, stop? I don’t know how to stop!”

“But…we…oh no.” Kenda said, spluttering. He ran over to the unconscious man.

“Wake up! WAKE UP!!” he yelled, shaking the human.

“STOP THIS BOAT YOU FOOL!!” screeched Nero.

“I can’t!! WE’RE GOING TO CRASH!!!!”

Oh dear, they are in trouble. What will they do? Stay tuned!
Whadda yall think? Please review!

- ;157;

Last edited:
Suspence... I can tell you that. I really think that as we go along we aren't forcused on Larmo much... Good... I'd say 5 Stars!!!