• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The PokeRus FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
contact moves - your pokemon touches the opponent. (bite, spark, wing attack, cross chop, etc.)
non-contact moves - your pokemon does not touch the opponent. (rock slide, flamethrower, bonemerang, thunder, and so on.)

use a contact move to contract pokerus.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Will I still get PokeRus if I attack a pokemon with a contact move, but I don't catch it? Assuming I know for sure, theoreticallly, I could just attack it, then run away, I would have PokeRus, correct? And what if I attacked the pokemon first, then i caught pokemon? Would that pokemon have to be in my party when I healed for me to get PokeRus?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
your pokemon catches pokerus as soon as it makes contact with the wild pokemon. if you hit it and run away, you still have it. if you hit it and catch it, the pokemon that you caught and the pokemon that touched it will both have pokerus.

... i just thought of something. you can catch pokerus by battling in a secret base, if the other person's party has it. lol.

Zera

lolforumz.
WhiteWizard42 said:
... i just thought of something. you can catch pokerus by battling in a secret base, if the other person's party has it. lol.

it would stand to reason that if you use contact moves on it, you could catch it. you should like, test it out, get some confermation, and le the pokerus spreading begin!

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
i would, but all of my R/S/E games already have pokerus. could somebody else test it?

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
WhiteWizard42 said:
i would, but all of my R/S/E games already have pokerus. could somebody else test it?

Wish I could,but I never caught Pokerus.I think if the Secret Base trainer has it,it'll keep it forever.Question: If I find a wild Pokemon with Pokerus,is there any way I could tell it has Pokerus?

~chandler I

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
nope. just use a contact move on every wild pokemon you meet.

C

cesarambriz

OK SO i have A Adamnt ZAngoose with pokerus how can i train it to get the maximum stats?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
give it a macho brace and have it KO 63 zubat/zigzagoon/linoone/wingull/electrike/manectric (for speed) and 63 shuppet/poochyena/mightyena (for attack).

mightyena, linoone, and manectric count as 2 KOs each.

Champion Jared 14

I thought getting pokerus was supposed to be rarer than getting a shiny, but on my emerald, I've already gotten it, but not one shiny on it. Ain't that just strange?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
yes. pokerus doubles EVs, and the macho brace doubles it again, for a total of 4 times the usual EVs. beating a gardevoir with pokerus and a macho brace gives you 12 SAtk EVs.

Zera

lolforumz.
Champion Jared 14 said:
I thought getting pokerus was supposed to be rarer than getting a shiny, but on my emerald, I've already gotten it, but not one shiny on it. Ain't that just strange?

the rarity is all based on probubility. just like encountering 8000 pokemon doesnt mean you'll encounter a shiny on #8000[or w/e the shiny rate is] its the same for the pokerus. Its highly unlikely that you'll encounter 3 shinys in a row, but its not impossible. just like its possible to get the pokerus while yu haven encountered any shinys, :D

hope i helpeded!

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
what's the actual probability of catching pokerus? seems like it's not anywhere in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.