• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The PokeRus FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zera

lolforumz.
Dunno, i've never seen hard numbers for it, and i've wondered where ppl get the notion that its rarer than a shiny.

What exactly are the chances of getting pokerus? I've had my sappire for at least two years and never gotton it i also have emerald but never got it!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
At Bulbapedia, they said that in G/S/C the chances were something like 1/21,845 and that they are still the same, but I am not too sure that it is correct. People have been telling me that if you are a member there, you can edit there information freely, which leads me to believe that it is either inaccurate, or just a plain lie. But they are also the only site to give out an exact probability on that so I don't now what to believe...

Slim

Crazy Trainer
That seems right; I can't remember where, but I remember reading that the probability is 3/65535. If so, then that would be right.

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
Are Pokemon with pokerus rarer than a shiny?

Slim

Crazy Trainer
Yes.
Pokerus Probability: 3/65535
Shiny Probability: 8/65535

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
Imange catching a feebas lv100,shiny with pokerus.

A

AkariKanzaki

I caught Pokerus back at the beginning of playing Ruby. I didn't understand what it was when I got it so I consider myself truly lucky that I put some of those Pokemon in boxes and left them there, hence "freezing" them in Pokerus status and not realizing I had done that until later. No one I know has caught Pokerus themselves, though they have it now thanks to me giving it to them.

I have seen only 1 shiny ever and again, that was toward the beginning of me playing Ruby. I haven't seen one since. Yet I hear about people on Serebii with several supposedly legit shinies. It feels like I should've seen another shiny by now with how many hours I've put in my 5 GBA games. I think this is a little strange... though I guess with the numbers so low for both shiny and Pokerus, it's a bit expected.

POKErUsAm

Macho man!
What is PokeRus?
- PokeRus is a "virus" that enhances stats to your Pokemon and allows EV's to be doubled in battle. It's the same as Macho Brace, but without the lowering of Speed.
I am glad you put "" around virus because viruses don't really ever have a positive effect.
I have gotten pokerus before and I knew what it was thank God. I spread it through my team and still have it today by keeping it in my box.

Champion Jared 14

4 8 15 16 23 42 said:
So for every eight shinies you see you should see three pokeruses but i't not a certain chance?
Uh, it seems like that should be the other way around, or change something. It doesn't make sense to me. I think that more shinies should come than pokerus pokemon. But pokerus on my emerald has proved to be much common for me.

GhostMaker

RERORERORERO
I have a question.

I want to spread PokéRus to my party on LeafGreen. PokéRus doesn't spread on that game so I decided to trade my Party to Ruby. The thing is that the pokémon with PokéRus won't spread it to the Pokés I traded.

So my question is: Is that supposed to happen? Or does it jsut take a very long time before they actually gets infected?

EDIT: It just took foever. >_>

Last edited:

Slim

Crazy Trainer
4 8 15 16 23 42 said:
So for every eight shinies you see you should see three pokeruses but i't not a certain chance?

Yeah, that's right. Statistically speaking anyway, there would be 8 shinies for every 3 Pokeruses.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I have a question of the Poke'Rus. Now, I know when you have the poke'Rus, it says Poke'Rus in the status box when you look at it's summary. But when the Poke'Rus goes away, I know there is a small black dot in it's place on the summary page. Now what I want to ask is: Do you still get the effects of the Pok'Rus while the dot is only there?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
yes. the EV boost is still in effect, even when the pokemon no longer has pokerus (when the black dot is there).

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
4 8 15 16 23 42 said:

thats kind of weird becasue I have had 4 pokemon with pokerus caught(they're in my box) in verry short Intervals and only 1 shiny appear after like 2 years

Freakshow

Jibaku
Bah. I have Pokerus but no shinies
I want to spread PokéRus to my party on LeafGreen. PokéRus doesn't spread on that game so I decided to trade my Party to Ruby. The thing is that the pokémon with PokéRus won't spread it to the Pokés I traded.
Pokerus doesn't spread on FRLG/XD/Colo due to the abscence of time

Status
Not open for further replies.