• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The PokeRus FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
I have a question that is kinda noobish...
what would be the best thing to do to find pokerus? I swear I have found 2 shinies looking for pokerus! It just sickens me. (I'm not complaining it is just so annoying!)

Somebody

Banned
I have a question that is kinda noobish...
what would be the best thing to do to find pokerus? I swear I have found 2 shinies looking for pokerus! It just sickens me. (I'm not complaining it is just so annoying!)
Just have a pokemon with a contact move(Bite, Crunch, Scratch, etc) and when you find a pokemon, use said contact move on it, and if it has pokerus, you should be infected. Thats your best of way of trying to get pokerus. It's a waste of time though imo, pokerus is rarer than a shiny.

L

Legend Chaser

Is Rustox real, its said that he has
pokerus forever. He must be rarer than all shinies on all games combined.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Is Rustox real, its said that he has
pokerus forever. He must be rarer than all shinies on all games combined.

what is rustox supposed to be? there's no pokemon in the game naned that, and pokerus is completely random, there's no one pokemon it's "always" on.

there is a pokemon named dustox, but it's ridiculously common and you can have one before you beat the first gym.

Metagross

I find Pokerus easy but shinies i have never found one.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
chances of any given wild pokemon having it are 3/65536.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder

Ho-oh Master

Instead of making a new topic I'll just post.

What are the odds of meeting a pokemon with pokerus? and if you attack it with a physical attack will you get it no matter what or are there odds?

is it better to go on route 117 and catch wild pokemon or fight wild pokemon?

thanks

Shiny Ho-Oh

I once got pokerus. Yay for me. I was trying to complete my Hoeen Dex. I ran into a gulpin and i caught it. The I was training it to evolve. Then it fainted. I went to The pokemlon center and the lady said that I had Pokerus. It spread through my party and all my pokemon were Pokerused! My Latias, Shiny Kingdra, Charizard etc.Hip Hip Horray!

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Instead of making a new topic I'll just post.

What are the odds of meeting a pokemon with pokerus? and if you attack it with a physical attack will you get it no matter what or are there odds?

is it better to go on route 117 and catch wild pokemon or fight wild pokemon?

thanks

3/65536, and you'll always catch it if you use a contact move on it.

fighting (not catching) is the fastest way.

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
O.O

wth, you gotta be kidding me? thats more rare then a shiny >.> is it harder it get then a shiny?

do you think its worth my time looking for it?
You're likely to spend more time searching for Pokerus than will be saved during Effort Training with Pokerus. It's better to just play the game normally rather than actively searching. Just make sure that the Pokemon at the head of your Party has a couple of contact moves it can use to KO any wild Pokemon you encounter. Play the game normally and be sure to check the status screen of your Pokemon before you turn off your game (that step is important; I had Pokerus on a Metagross in my PC for almost 8 months without realizing it). If you do get Pokerus, infect a Pokemon that you can just leave in the PC and worry about infecting any other Pokemon the next day (or, if you're too excited, infect away). If you never end up getting Pokerus, then things will be as they are now, so you haven't lost anything.

blazingjirachi

oblivion weilder
i found two pokemon with it in 5 minutes yet i have never found a shiny i now constantly store a pkemon with it in my pc so i will alwayds have bit but will probably never have a shiny

Last edited:

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll
What is the chance of coming across an infected pokemon? like how finding a shiny is about 1/8012?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
i answered that just 3 posts ago, in post #93.

3/65536, almost 3 times as rare as a shiny.

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
true. if you actively looked for it until you found it, chances would be that the time spent looking for it would outweigh any benefits in EV training you might get.

EDIT: post 100, cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.