• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The PokeRus FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
don't post the same thing 5 times.

pokerus has nothing to do with the probability of finding shiny pokemon.

Alycehunt

I thought that Pokerus and Shinies were completely different!;194;

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
pokerus has nothing to do with the chances of finding a shiny.

pichufan25

i'm playing this game for about 300 hours and still not found it and all my friends have played the game for about 100 hours and all have got it

Last edited:

pichufan25

pokerus is just like a shiny pokemon, the chance is small that you find t but you can find it everywhere but you need to catch or attack the wild pokemon to get it (if he has it)

raver223

pokerus has nothing to do with the chances of finding a shiny.

beg to differ, PKRS for me equaled a shiny weepinbell and gloom (Gloom I didn't catch) in same hour.

K-flygon

^ i never came across a pokemon with pokerus...ive been playing for over 200 hours

nap*

Yeah Baby!
^ what ?? how did you get 6 of your pokemon infercet??

When you have a pokemon with pokerus in you team keep walking and going into battles then after a while or a pokemon in you team levels up your whole team should be inffected if you are EV training you if you go into battle you should check incase it messes up your plans.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
beg to differ, PKRS for me equaled a shiny weepinbell and gloom (Gloom I didn't catch) in same hour.
so you got lucky. getting pokerus has no effect on the chance of finding a shiny.
effected.

infercet??
When you have a pokemon with pokerus in you team keep walking and going into battles then after a while or a pokemon in you team levels up your whole team should be inffected if you are EV training you if you go into battle you should check incase it messes up your plans.
walking around and leveling up have nothing to do with it. winning battles can spread pokerus from one member of the party to the ones directly above or below it in the lineup.

and i'm aware it doesn't make a difference to anyone but the english pedants, but they're spelled "affected" and "infected."

pichufan25

can a pokemon that comes out of a egg have pokerus already??

~.:Southern lights:.~

X~.:Water lord:.~X
i got it about 2 years ago

pochamalover

no u lost the cheese
thanks alot for the guide know i know were amy pokerus has gone from my charizard

Does Pokerus give your pokemon double exp?? And does the pokemon have to be in your party for pokerus to be transferred, can it be left in a box and then all pokemon in the box get pokerus?

Last edited:

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
can a pokemon that comes out of a egg have pokerus already??
yes, if it caught it from another poke in your party in the usual way before it hatches.
Does Pokerus give your pokemon double exp?? And does the pokemon have to be in your party for pokerus to be transferred, can it be left in a box and then all pokemon in the box get pokerus?
no, and yes. in that order. pokerus only spreads in your party (and also only goes away in your party).

dusknoirs nightmare

Beginning Trainer
my sceptile got pokerus way back at the 2nd gym leader in ruby and since then it has spread to my rapidash, crobat, lanturn and probably my shiny ariados and probably a lot more. my main question is can a trainers pokemon have pokerus because my rapidash in diamond has it and I reely didnt use it in wild battles

Status
Not open for further replies.