• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The PokeSpokesman! (197)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode
I loved to see a human talk with pokemon, it was so cool...
And i loved to see Oddish, Rattata and Pidgey actually talking, it was funny

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This was probably one of the few Johto episodes that was indeed interesting. Yeah talking to Pokemon wasn't entirely new since we've seen that they can understand human speech, but I'm still glad that this episode focused around the idea that humans could speak in a Pokemon language (as silly as it sounds). Apart from the funny mix up with Officer Jenny thinking that James and Jessie were Butch and Cassidy, there wasn't much going on outside of the "talking to Pokemon" aspect of this episode. I still wish Johto had more episodes like this though; episodes that focused on new aspects rather than old stuff. 7/10.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It's not as good as the other Pokemon episode where someone could understand what Pokemon were thinking. The bad guys were really jerks in this episode. I'm glad they finally realized who the real bad guys were at the end. Oddish, Rattatta, and Pidgey talking was very cool to see.

30/100

Champion Jared 14

I really enjoyed this episode...I know it's been said that pokemon can understand human speech, but the idea of having a human that's capable of understanding what pokemon says is very interesting...

LOL, Officer Jenny mistook Jessie and James for Butch and Cassidy
I also like the flashback in the old guys past
And the talking Pidgey, Rattata, and Oddish too, very cute.

Also, I liked how Meowth spoke to the man to encourage him not to give up pokemon interpretation.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This episode made me cry :(

sir.dav

Officer Jenny is wrong when she said Pokemon couldn't understand human speech.
Obviously, how else would Pokémon know what attack to use in battle :) .. right?

Best moment of the episode was that gang leader's laugh when the magnemite and magneton were sucking up the elektricity :D it just kept going

ColyTom

Great episode!

It's a shame we never find out if he really can speak to Pokemon though.

When Oddish, Ratata and Pidgey were in the pokemon centre I was hoping he would meet them again at the end but he didn't :(

I like this episode. The concept of a Pokemon Translator is original. Meowth also had a nice role in this episode. Simon talking about his past, with Pidgey, Rattata and Oddish was interesting. Officer Jenny went way too far, just accusing someone without a valid reason is unacceptable. She should be fired! I love this episode, 10/10.

7threst

This episode was alright and I liked the whole concept with the character of the day. Although this episode was not that interesting, I did in some cases liked it, but nothing exceptional.

Blessed

An alright episode, wasn't too impressed by it. It was nice to see Meowth do a good deed in the end by helping Simon regain his confidence.

NPT

Just a member
This was a decent Johto episode. The concept of a Poké-Spokesman is nice. I liked the scene where Pokéspokesman Simon was talking about his past....it's nice to see him talking with those Pidgey, Rattata and Oddish.
Officer Jenny was obnoxious in this episode, I didn't like how she was trying to arrest Simon without leting him show his Poké-speaking abilities to her. It was all those fake interpretors fault. Magnamite and Magnaton did the right thing by shocking the Interpretors, they deserved it. I'm glad Officer Jenny finally believed Simon after arresting them.

I was sort of hoping when Ash and co. and Simon are saying goodbye to each other, that for just a moment Pikachu would actually say "goodbye, Simon!" in human language, so Simon could only hear. Shame they didn't, though.

Oh well, Having Meowth restore his confidence at the end like that more than made up for it. :)

I liked how the sick Pokemon in the Pokemon center were an Oddish, Ratatta and Pidegy from Simons flashback.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Simon's ability to interpret what pokemon are saying was kind of interesting and I liked seeing Jenny get involved with the plot even though she was wrong in suspecting that Simon was a con artist.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
What a vapid filler this turned out to be. The best moment and only redeeming quality was when Jenny mistook Jessie and James for Cassidy and Butch. I had a good laugh at that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lang's device for charging Satoshi's Pikachu reminded me of when Satoshi used a bicycle for the same method in Kanto, and I couldn't exactly blame Junsa for thinking that Lang was a fraud since even I didn't think he could really speak with Pokemon. I chuckled when Junsa saw the Rocket-dan and recognized them, though.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Officer Jenny was a bit weird here. Simon was a fine character for the concept like some say here. And I agree, if Pokémon aren't capable of understanding human language or English language, how would they be useful in battle and other activities? They clearly are capable of understanding their language, human language, and English language. But humans not able to understand Pokémon language...I guess we'll never know. Bit glad that we have Team Rocket's Meowth.