• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Possibilities are Endless for Chloe and Eevee! (1209)

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
Welp it didn't evolve. Now the evee will teratype or new eveelution discussion can stop

Hasn't stopped before, isn't going to stop any time soon. Eeveelutions are always a popular discussion since they added more after Gen 2.

**** YOU WALLACE!!! If Ash knew Serena was preforming he would have kicked Wallace in the face and ran as fast as a Regieleki.

She's a close friend yeah but I don't think Ash would be in that big of a hurry to see Serena.

It's really awkward in 1 episode they made the professor a far more interesting and fleshed out character than one of the companions. In fact, can Chloe even be called a companion? You can probably count the amount of times she's accompanied Ash and Goh on 2 hands, if not one. Normally I don't talk about how I would make things better, most of the time because I have a hard time thinking of something, but in this case I thought of something. (Clears throat)

So at the beginning of the season we see that Chloe is pretty cold and lives her life as a normal teenager (at least, she looks like a teen). Her development could be that she experiences the freedom of being in the Pokemon world. By traveling with Ash and Goh she witnesses just how big the world is and no matter the location, there is always adventure to be had. And you know who the perfect Pokemon to symbolize this would be? Bagon. Just think, Bagon wishes to one day fly and by fully evolving into Salamence that dream is a reality. In Chloe's case, flying would be her experiencing the excitement of traveling all over the world to countless different locations. And by seeing all these places with Ash and Goh she experiences the true thrill of being in the Pokemon world and wantsto travel all around it to meet plenty of people and Pokemon and take part in, or even watch, some exciting activities.

Yeah, but there's a reason why they gave her Eevee and not Bagon.

I mean if you look at Serena for example, she didn't know what she wanted to do for a while, but she found her goal eventually. Kinda funny the staff just didn't know what they want to do with Chloe. Kinda wonder why they added Eevee.

@Bold: Marketing - That's the only reason they added Eevee, and not something more fitting for the concept of discovering dreams like Bagon that @GMax Helios described.

Wayyy too long imo. At least the second year of XY and her return in Journeys gave her some much needed focus.

And even then most people don't really care about Serena's other qualities, just that she's in uwu love with Ash. It's the only reason she's still popular (and perhaps why I'm poking the Ursaluna here...) but people act as if her goals made her a more three-dimensional character.

Let's be honest with ourselves, had Chloe had some sort of crush on Goh or Ash but didn't like their childishness and thought Pokemon was lame, it would be a load of a lot better than the Tease the Eeveelution plotline that was oh so clearly done to market Eevee itself as another attempted mascot. (It's why Lana's Eevee hasn't evolved into Vaporeon in the absence after all, that and Let's Go...)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The anime loves showing that everyone is more interesting than her for some reason lol
It’s almost like she’s meant to be a blank canvas that the audience can use as a self-insert.

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
It’s almost like she’s meant to be a blank canvas that the audience can use as a self-insert.
Isn't that what Ash is though?

I mean, how many people out there use ASH as their file name when playing a Pokemon game?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ash is so much of a self insert that whenever he’s being insulted/ “done wrong” the audience themselves feel personally attacked and offended and these aren’t children…

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
So let me get this straight: now we get the most boring Eevee character and in gen 9 we probably get another one with Penny? Kill me
Fingers crossed Penny isn't a main character in gen 9 series.

I could accept her as a female rival to Ash or something but, please no more Eevee in the main cast.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
That'd go nicely with Chloe as the new MC.
That would fit her since her Eevee wants to help others and doesn't mind to fight. Just take out its Tackle and replace it with Bite, Swift, Dig, Shadow Ball or Iron Tail.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This was the most episode ever.

It was fine. I like Cerise more than most of the fandom and it was nice seeing his childhood. Surprisingly comfy and charming episode. But yeah this episode didn't do much for him or Chloe. There's only so many times you can say there are endless possibilities before you lose interest.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Before someone else says it, this the first episode i watched with Chloe's mother in it after i found out that she has the same voice actress as Cynthia.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This episode was really really good, and doesn't deserve the hate it's getting
I mean, the writers did set the episode up to fail by having it between the Masters 8 Tournament episodes which sucks I get it.
This episode still felt focused on Chloe, idk what the hell people are smoking when they say Cerise stole the episode from her. It's like any other Chloe focus episode, the key story being driven from her question/experience and showing a segway into various human stories
Admittedly it doesn't hit as hard because I'm tired of Kanto mons tbh, and while clefairy is cute, the episode with the young girl and cleffa definitely was written better

Overall, the ending for this episode is bound to be frustrating for people, but ties well with Chloe's arc, although it will be unsatisfying. I do think Chloe is set up to be the next research fellow after Ash and Goh go their separate ways soon, which is a nice ending
I just wish Eevee evolved into Leafeon so more people would look fondly at the arc and look beyond the gist of "omg what will Eevee evolve into" to see the purpose of Chloe by the writers

Also, the family dynamic is so cutely written, I absolutely loved Cerise being a dad in this episode, he's heartwarming