• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Possibilities are Endless for Chloe and Eevee! (1209)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Episode was meh, I guess?

It’s nice to kind of see Chloe fully embrace all Pokémon. She’s grown a lot. But it feels kind of like a hollow ending. It’s almost like it’s a back door pilot.

It was also nice to get some of Professor Cerise’s backstory.

I get why this episode is placed where it is in the series. Production issues have forced them to run this episode here instead of after the M8. But…it just doesn’t fit.

Risrhayne

my feelings are mixed. On one hand, yeah, maaaaybe this episode could have happened at literally any other time EXCEPT during the ultimate tournament.

But on the other hand, I thought Cerise’s story with Clefairy was touching, though a bit too saccharine. I’m quite tired of the “Pokémon are amaZing” kid montages that are 99% Kanto mons and twinkly eyes. It’s definitely interesting that Cerise is like, the 3rd Pokémon anime character to have a deep connection with the Cleffa line and the second this season. I loved that the Clefairy Evolution ritual was a straight up word-for-word recital of that Pikachu chant those village Pikachu made back in the OG series. Considering how Clefairy was supposed to be the mascot, I feel like this was a nice callback.

Speaking of mascot though….what….what the actual hfil are these guys doing with Chloe and Eevee? This felt like a Cerise episode until they realized they needed a kid so they threw in Chloe’s little storyline and reaaaaally failed at trying to connect them. You could tell they weren’t firing on all of the cylinders by how they wrote out the wife, brother and Yamper from joining Chloe and Cerise on the road trip at first. I had a good laugh at that animation cheat.

This episode gave us the second worst conclusion to the Eevee arc, at least imo; the “we’ll decide together one step at a time” choice. While I like it way more than the “I like you just the way you are” route, it feels so pointless to have spent all this time meeting the Eeveelutions just for both Chloe and Eevee to be as clueless about what to do as when they started. And it doesn’t help that basically every episode about the Eevee Tour ended with that same damn conclusion.

But what I feel made this episode even worse was that they threw in this stupid little question “why do Pokémon evolve?” The jokester is me says that if you could skip puberty and instantly become an adult after punching some stuff and a few seconds of glowing, wouldn’t you want to evolve? Eevee especially should want to evolve; they can evolve into creatures that can breathe underwater, breathe fire, grow feelers, use psychic powers and all kinds of cool critters.

The anime has NO place to be asking this question though because of their infamous treatment of Pokémon when they DO evolve. Evolving in the games means accessing new types, new moves and new stats so you SHOULD want to evolve your mons. Evolving in the anime though means your screentime gets demolished, getting reduced to a battle bot and whatever charming personality you had gets evaporated. The second you’re no longer an oval-headed shoulder pet that can sell plushies in as little animation as possible, you’re dead to the anime. I just find it so freaking fresh that they decided to ask why Pokémon evolve when Drizzile was shoved into a damn cave the second they were no longer a crybaby potato.

But hey, I like that Chloe’s weird hair tattoo kinda looks like a crossroads like they showed at the end of this episode. So that’s neat, I guess.

Rune Knight

Professor Cerise: When I was a little boy, I saw a Pippi...

Chloe: ........Okay...?

For the most part, I personally enjoyed this episode, and liked that we were provided with some of Cerise's backstory, but I'm not sure if it is meant to serve as the conclusion to Chloe and Eevee's arc since it mostly felt like a filler.

8/10

Since the Clefairy line was once regarded as a Normal type, I think that it would've fun if it Professor Cerise turned out to be the first professor to log it as a Fairy-Type.

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I will say despite my rant that this is a good episode I love how cute is Clefairy, but it's not the right place. This should have been done a year ago maybe at the start of this one.

In the middle of your climax... Nope.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I will say despite my rant that this is a good episode I love how cute is Clefairy, but it's not the right place. This should have been done a year ago maybe at the start of this one.

In the middle of your climax... Nope.
This episode should have been before Chloe went on her quest with the Eeveelutions. Going on a quest without knowing what evolution is was kinda weird.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
So outside the 2 second imagery that showed the two of them, this was basically an Ash/Go-less episode, le gasp two episodes on the trot that the two of them don't make physical appearances. Honestly I felt that this episode should've happened earlier, like a month ago or something, heck maybe even months ago as being in the middlle of the Masters 8 does it dirty tbph. It was nice to see Sakuragi reunite with the Clefairy he helped all those years ago, and of course we can't have a Clefairy evolution ritual without something to disturb it like in EP006, and I supoose that this made it feel more like a Sakuragi episode than a Koharu episode.
One other thing I suppose was iffy about this episode was the conclusion as it feels like as the Koharu arc progressed, each episode came to the same conclusion with Koharu still unsure, at least she decides to want to learn more about evolution, so that's something I guess.
But yeah, this episode could've been better, but I rate it as kinda meh, and SKIPPABLE quite frankly.

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Btw is the series director spot still vacant?
Honestly I wouldn't want to take it at this point. Cleaning someone else mess.

Not an essay time:
So outside the 2 second imagery that showed the two of them, this was basically an Ash/Go-less episode, le gasp two episodes on the trot that the two of them don't make physical appearances. Honestly I felt that this episode should've happened earlier, like a month ago or something, heck maybe even months ago as being in the middlle of the Masters 8 does it dirty tbph. It was nice to see Sakuragi reunite with the Clefairy he helped all those years ago, and of course we can't have a Clefairy evolution ritual without something to disturb it like in EP006, and I supoose that this made it feel more like a Sakuragi episode than a Koharu episode.
One other thing I suppose was iffy about this episode was the conclusion as it feels like as the Koharu arc progressed, each episode came to the same conclusion with Koharu still unsure, at least she decides to want to learn more about evolution, so that's something I guess.
But yeah, this episode could've been better, but I rate it as kinda meh, and SKIPPABLE quite frankly.
If you would ask someone how Koharus arc started and ended since she got Eevee, you can answer: nothing really changed or happend that gave Koharu a direction of where she wants to go. I don't understand why the directors wanted such a story arc. They added Eevee,Serena and Dawn later to make it more interesting. But she would always be directionless. Maybe the staff are directionless themselves?
6p44pe.jpg

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

I thought this was a sweet episode mostly cause of Sakuragi, was waiting for him to get an episode

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
If you would ask someone how Koharu's arc started and ended since she got Eevee, you can answer: nothing really changed or happened that gave Koharu a direction of where she wants to go. I don't understand why the directors wanted such a story arc. They added Eevee, Serena and Dawn later to make it more interesting. But she would always be directionless. Maybe the staff are directionless themselves?
6p44pe.jpg
Yeah, she had been pointed in so many directions, it spread her character arc rather thinly across the span of this many episodes.

GMax Helios

It's really awkward in 1 episode they made the professor a far more interesting and fleshed out character than one of the companions. In fact, can Chloe even be called a companion? You can probably count the amount of times she's accompanied Ash and Goh on 2 hands, if not one. Normally I don't talk about how I would make things better, most of the time because I have a hard time thinking of something, but in this case I thought of something. (Clears throat)

So at the beginning of the season we see that Chloe is pretty cold and lives her life as a normal teenager (at least, she looks like a teen). Her development could be that she experiences the freedom of being in the Pokemon world. By traveling with Ash and Goh she witnesses just how big the world is and no matter the location, there is always adventure to be had. And you know who the perfect Pokemon to symbolize this would be? Bagon. Just think, Bagon wishes to one day fly and by fully evolving into Salamence that dream is a reality. In Chloe's case, flying would be her experiencing the excitement of traveling all over the world to countless different locations. And by seeing all these places with Ash and Goh she experiences the true thrill of being in the Pokemon world and wantsto travel all around it to meet plenty of people and Pokemon and take part in, or even watch, some exciting activities.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Yeah, she had been pointed in so many directions, it spread her character arc rather thinly across the span of this many episodes.
One episode they talk about Eevee and one other about what Koharus dream is. But there is no connection between them. JN011,JN074 and JN105 talk about Koharus dream.

Last edited:

Gingertail24

Tired of the "injured pokemon, human saves, become besties" story the anime keep milking and milking. They had it with ash, clemont, cerise, Lana, etc. It's like they can't think of any other interesting backstory or premise. It's sweet but boring. And as someone said, I'm tired of the "POkeMon aRe AMaziNg!!11" constant reaction. Honestly that's what I liked about Chloe, how she didn't really care all that much. It was far more interesting, I'm sure not everyone cares or like pokemon. But they turned her into that generic nice girl

Krackochu

Hey so um I know my thoughts on Chloe were always pretty clear and cut but I just wanna say.

This character is a failure and the fact that people hyped her up is astonishing she's practically cardboard.

No wait she's even worse than cardboard. Atleast Tracey was never taking up a two episodes bad never have I ever felt so justified in my neutralness towards a character.

Chloe is the example of journeys biggest flaws consistently returning to norm.

Ash fights

Goh catches

Koharu looks at Eevee stuff and is wait to be told something.

Lana's speech to Chloe should've happened eons ago or something Koharu should've figure out herself.

I wanna be a pokemon professor that's the most unearned thing ever.

Not to mention we just had a recap of her nothingness but Eevee that damn EEVEE I love eevee but that thing that thing is fine.

It's amazing how it shows more character than her trainer. In conclusion Koharu is nothing. Don't @ me