• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The power of NU

WillieNelson

Yes, I am an NU player, and this is my main team. The only Pokemon I won't replace is Swoobat. (but I am willing to change the set)

346.gif

Lily (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
Cradily is a fantastic wall in NU, and I wonder why it's not used more. With it's bulk, I can almost always set up rocks and do some ToxiStalling while I'm at it. Giga Drain is so that it's not complete Taunt bait, Toxic is residual damage, SR is of course to set up rocks, and Recover is...what else? Recovery.

467.gif

Burnie (Magmortar) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Magmortar is a fine scarf user with it's high special attack and decent speed. Focus Blast is to take down rock types that would otherwise KO him, Thunderbolt is for water types, Lava Plume I chose over Flamethrower or Fire Blas because of the burn chance, which has the possability to cripple a physical attacker. Finally, HP ice is the best way to deal with Altaria and the like.

419.gif

Chuck (Floatzel) @ Choice Band
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
Floatzel, with it's decent attack and great speed, makes a great choice band user. Waterfall is a very reliable STAB move, with fairly high power and perfect accuracy. Crunch wrecks ghost and psychic type Pokemon like Misdreavus and Jynx. Ice Punch covers grass types and dragon types, and Aqua Jet is priority to either handle faster frail Pokemon, and to put a dent into the opposing Pokemon before he goes down.

528.gif

Ajax (Swoobat) @ Life Orb
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind
My bias. I am showing you it. Swoobat has somewhat decent special attack, and very good speed, so I can usually get a Calm Mind in before I get hit. Psyshock and HF fight get nearly flawless neutral coverage together, barring other psychic types, and Air Slash is another STAB, and the flinch chance can come in handy with Swoobat's base 114 speed.

195.gif

Herpa Derpa (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Curse
- Recover
Quagsire is an amazing counter to setup sweepers thanks to Unaware, and is a very good wall. The EV's are to give it as much special bulk as possible, his defense is going to be boosted anyway. Earthquake is a reliable STAB move, and is good for steels that are immune to Toxic, Toxic is for residual damage and is a great move in general, Curse is to boost his defense and attack, and the speed drop doesn't effect him that much. And finally, Recover is self-explanitory.

409.gif

Velocirokter (Rampardos) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
Rampardos has amazing attack, but his other stats are lacking, so a Rock Polish set is perfect. The sash is so that he will always survive the turn of setup, and after 1 boost, his speed hits 430, which outspeeds...most all of the tier, mabye barring Ninjask. Earthquake is always a good move to have on a physical attacker. I chose Rock Slide for the better accuracy and PP, and the flinch helps when he gets a boost in. Las but not least, Fire Punch hits grass types that could otherwise KO him.

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Considering that you're not rinning a spinner, Focus Sash on Rampardos is generally useless, as the vast majority of the time the Focus Sash will be broken.

Pretty nice team though. I can't find much that straight 6-0es it, and it seems to cover a lot of the main threats in the tier.

I think I've battled this team on the NU ladder, probably in one of it's earlier stages. I can't remember the outcome of the battle, and you wont remember it because I was probably using some weird alt. I remember that Swoobat didn't really pull it's weight. It's fine if you are biased towards it, but I'd also have a replacement for when you play proper battles. You could use anything, depending on your preferences of sweeping pokemon. This team seems a bit weak to Ludicolo though. It gets super-effective hits on all the team, and in rain you can't really stop it. Floatzel is the only thing that can land a hit on it, and that probably wont KO. I haven't played around with this round yet, but I would put in a Ludicolo ckeck as the Swoobat alternative.

Cool team!

Chuck$$$

Inactive
you named your floatzel Chuck <33333333333333333333333333333333/spam post/will rate later when not lazy