• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Power Of One (M02)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
A notable moment that is unconnected to the ship occurs when Meowth makes a reference to Pokemon manure, in particular that of the Legendary Birds. This may be dub only.

It certainly was a dub line only; he didn't mention anything of the sort in the Japanese version.

Scorbunnie

This is my favorite Pokemon movie, being a key highlight of Pokeshipping

A notable moment that is unconnected to the ship occurs when Meowth makes a reference to Pokemon manure, in particular that of the Legendary Birds. This may be dub only.

It was an unfunny and out of place line that I wish 4Kids hadn't used. As for the Ash and Misty scenes the movie would've been much better if Tracey hadn't been ignored in favor of Ash and Misty's angst taking over.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It was an unfunny and out of place line that I wish 4Kids hadn't used..

If anything there should be more references to that stuff in the franchise. Many Pokemon are based on animals, and animals...do that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
If anything there should be more references to that stuff in the franchise. Many Pokemon are based on animals, and animals...do that.

I wouldn't have a problem with it personally if it was actually mentioned in the original version, instead of it being an ad-lib by the dub. I suppose that the line is still amusing, but given the context during that scene, it came across as unnecessary to me.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
But it's kind of gross don't you think? Toilet humor is fine in some situations but maybe not in this movie because the fate of the world was at stake.

Toilet humor in the anime also doesn't have to be limited to the Pokemon themselves. Human characters can provide some moments of it too. Look at The Loud House. That kind of humor is one of the show's hallmarks - and it's a kids show to begin with.

Weavile-da-god

I didn't get why Lugia lived in the sea current because the movie made it sound like Lugia was responsible for keeping the world in perfect harmony but that makes Lugia too important. Do all Lugia have to keep the sea currents balanced?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Weavile-da-god said:
I didn't get why Lugia lived in the sea current because the movie made it sound like Lugia was responsible for keeping the world in perfect harmony but that makes Lugia too important. Do all Lugia have to keep the sea currents balanced?

It was only this movie's Lugia that lived in that underwater current, so it was the only one responsible for the current's protection.

Ash gets kissed. I’ll pretend I didn’t see that. Also Ash is getting married to Serena, Melody. Average movie. The legendary birds fighting each other was never really explained. The movie kind of dragged on and the villain didn’t really do anything for the middle part of the movie. The talking Slowking was really random. I liked how everyone was wearing tribal masks at the beginning and we got a Brock cameo. TRio helping Ash was awesome. The best part of the movie was the last scene where Slowking said that many people (the viewers) were watching Team Rocket be heroes. TRio were so funny

5/10

Ranks below M016 and above M013

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash gets kissed. I’ll pretend I didn’t see that. Also Ash is getting married to Serena, Melody. Average movie. The legendary birds fighting each other was never really explained. The movie kind of dragged on and the villain didn’t really do anything for the middle part of the movie. The talking Slowking was really random. I liked how everyone was wearing tribal masks at the beginning and we got a Brock cameo. TRio helping Ash was awesome. The best part of the movie was the last scene where Slowking said that many people (the viewers) were watching Team Rocket be heroes. TRio were so funny

5/10

Ranks below M016 and above M013
Damn youre the first peron Ive seen who dislikes the movie this much :p

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved the English dub soundtrack for this movie back before TPCI ruined the dub lol.
Also Ash and Misty were great in this but I wish that Misty did more.
7/10